Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bloc party

• 30-01-2006 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

any fans?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Aye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

anseo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Indeedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

music is very produced...

....but I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

moi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Shamo

affirmative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

I heartily Endorse this event or product

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

good god no, Bloc Party ****ing blow

Well that settles it: 9 out of 10 people prefer Bloc Party!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Whiskeyjack

What a pointless thread, time to liven it up.They have a great rhythm section, but like someone said before they are very produced.A lot of their songs lack heart aswell, they seem to be concerned with technical precision more than anything else.They are pretty much a band of the times aswell.I don't think we'll hear much from them in future.

Now I hope that was more insightful than "I like them" or "they ****ing blow".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

I dont really know too much about them, but I listened to their album a lot in the last few weeks. Think it makes for some great listening:) Very catchy songs. Doesnt bother me if they lack heart;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Got their album ages ago but only ever listened to a couple of songs, So Here We Are and a few others.

Been properly listening to it for about 2-3weeks now and I love it. Dunno why ppl think they lack heart, I can't tell tbh... But the lyrics are excellent and also I like the production values of the album, while obviously a lotta ppl feel it's overproduced, I like a polished record.

As for lacking heart... Can somebody tell me how songs like Helicopter, Pioneers, Plans or So Here We Are lack heart? It'd be much appreciated...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Their tracks have an almost sterile quality to them. They can be very entertaining but, for the most part, their album is an exercise in production.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭frink

its one of the few albums that you can listen to without skipping a song.

Got the Arctic Monkeys album. Unbelievable was gutted i missed them last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭munky

They have a couple of good songs Like Eating Glass, Blue Light, Modern Light and Positive Tension and a great drummer but the album on the whole is a bit boring and doesn't really grab you.
    First time I heard them I though it was The Cure.
    I find myself listening to Like Eating Glass then just skipping through the rest of the tracks.
    Also some of the songs, a lot in fact, sound very similar and I never trust a band that I can't tell their songs apart.

Steven wrote:
    Their tracks have an almost sterile quality to them. They can be very entertaining but, for the most part, their album is an exercise in production.
    Yes!That's exactly what I mean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

zulu wrote:
    ...music is very produced
    ...they are very produced
    Steven wrote:
    ...their album is an exercise in production

Just out of curiosity, what do the above people mean, when they use the words 'produced' & 'production'?

...I just siad that to look cool!

But seriously, if you listen to the album, their is so much "polishing" to the tracks, it's evident thay spent a long time in production. ...clear as mud?

dalk wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, what do the above people mean, when they use the words 'produced' & 'production'?
    The music sounds very polished, it's the opposite to an album sounding as if they're playing it live.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lyrama

The music sounds very polished, it's the opposite to an album sounding as if they're playing it live.

Hmmm... I wouldn't really say polished but I kinda see ur point! There's a crisp sort of sterile feel to it, but still powerful, emotive, rockable stuff! I'd prob describe their music as fresh more than anything else! All the elements of the band come together amazingly; Matt's drums, Gordo on the bass, Russell and Kele's guitars and vocals! Hopefully they don't do what some great bands do after their debuts go downhill a bit :rolleyes: . Still, AMAZING band, one of the foremost out there right now, love 'em to bits :D !

Advertisement