Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good shops?

• 30-01-2006 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭

Does anyone know any particularly good shops for men's clothes?

I usually shop in places like bt2, h&m, oconnors, and so on...

Does anyone know of any other good places?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Genius. House of Frasier has a very nice mens section as well. Urban Outfitters can be very good for bleeding edge stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

House of fraiser isnt bad but they never really seem 2 have much that appeals 2 me.

Where's urban outfitters?

Just on Temple Bar sqaure. It can be a bit hip though depending on your tastes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

I try to look quite fasionable but try not to stand out like a sore thumb.

Read GQ magazine a lot. (dont know if thats a good or a bad thing!)

Dont know why but im really starting to like those thin v-neck, wool jumpers. Very simple but stylish and im really starting to love things like vintage tshirts.

Anyone know a good shop for them either?

See thats my point. Urban outfitters has been stocking those types of jumper before most men every became aware, ie about a year ago. If you want to wear what topshop man will be wearing in 12 months its the place to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

new look has some nice mens wear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i agree on urban outfitters it's a good shop but by god it is as pricey as hell.

like some t-shirts in there are 55 euros. fuppin' madness i tell ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

yeah^ way too dear

Ive paid that for tshirts. Generally can get a very nice fit, and style plus the unique factor which is definitely worth the extra score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

how about harvey nichols menswear dept? seem 2have some funky stuff there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Genius Clarndon st,any Jack Jones,Tribe sthphens green s/s,or you could be lucky in tk max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Arnotts can be good from time to time, also try Debenhams they might not be the best for clothes but often have a good range of accessories.

Is there much out in Dundrum; I'm curious to see the place but being from Skerries it's a bit of treck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

In no particular order:
    Jack & Jones (Good for jeans, t-shirts getting a bit common though)
    Replay (Some decent stuff, pricey but worth it)
    McKenna Man (Has a bit of everything from Formal to casual, mostly brand names)
    BT2 (Part of Brown Thomas no need to say anything else, pricey)
    FCUK (In Blanchardstown, if you like the brand that is, personally t-shirts are way too common now)
    Bests (bit like McKenna Man)

Though my personal favourite at the minute is the Springfield (SPF) department in Roches Stores, has some nice stuff.

Advertisement