Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, I need physics to get into my first choice...

• 31-01-2006 12:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

It looks like I'll have to study physics at ordinary level purely to get a pass. How much work will be involved? I'm doing higher maths so that should help?

How is the ordinary level paper structured? Any other info would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

physics isn't hard. if you're serious about it, go to the institute at easter and get a weeklong grind. might mess up your holidays but it will answer your questions. get a physics less stress more success and a set of ordinary papers and do them.

its not hard to teach yourself a course. good luck. and if you have any questions, pm me. i did physics in 1st year in college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

physics is hard :( well it's alot to remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

X-SL wrote:
    physics is hard :( well it's alot to remember.

exactly its a lot try to rember for honours the formulas are the worst, i'd say you will have the most trouble with the experments but the less stress's should help you out with them.
    If you learn all the laws and formuals you should be ok, good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The best thing to learn for the experiments is the diagrams, once you have the picture a lot of the time it's easy enough to put words to them. Also, actually writing up the practicals when/if you do them is helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Im scraping with Honours at the moment, Pass looks so easy but Im not letting myself do Pass..

Remember the first four questions in Paper A are always based on the mandatory experiements such as Boyles Law.. etc.. And the graphics are easy.. Section B isnt too bad, the Maths is catching me but the same things come up year after year. Just work constantly out of the Exam Papers..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I was in pretty much the same situation. I needed one science subject to get into Maynooth, so I decided to do the physics ordinary level paper.

I only did a few days' worth of study for it, but I managed to get a C1 on ordinary level. Do a bit of study and you should be okay. But do none and forget about passing it.

If you're really nervous about it, then get a quick grinds course on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I've been getting higher level grinds since September. They're pretty much been useless since she presumed, and rightly so, that everyone had the topics covered in school so she flew over them. I was just sitting there going "wow that's an awfully big sum", all of it going completely over my head.

Did you just study the book for a few days first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

go through the past papers with the books - speak to others who are doing physics, they might already have worked solutions - i'll look around myself at home and see if i have anything that might help you.

Advertisement