Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In sinkerator good or bad

Options
  • 31-01-2006 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

As the title ,thinking of getting one. 4 kids no dog trying to get rid of food waste from bin. Anybody using one, i am worried about blocked drains and stuff and would be grateful for your feedback.

I have also been looking at the price and have found that they are a lot cheaper from the UK, do you know of anywhere here that sells them at a reasonable price. 190 sterling UK 490 euro from DID, for the '65' model.I have tried a composter but it doesnt work out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

I had a look at one of those before to see what it was about but I figured it would be better to stick with composting then to chuck it all down the waste. At least I get some return from the compost and it's probably better for the environment too?
    I also wasn't to sure how good it would be for the waste system in the long run, I'm out in the countryside so not connected up to a town system obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Ask your council when they ar eintroducing brown bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

I am in Westmeath they only introduced the blue bin,paper tetrapacks and plastic, last year.I am on a town sewerage system so the extra waste shouldnt be a problem.The regular bin charge is 8 euro a time so i would like to reduce that.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

I think you will find resistance from all concerned on such equipment. They have potential to block the main waste and add considerable to waste treatment. Your local authority may have banned them, so its worth checking with them before incurring any costs

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

i have one of these and im on a septic tank and its a god send. no brown bin and have already checked to see how it would work with the tank. it incourages the bacteria in the septic tank to break down waste so it keeps things running. i also work for a company that sells them and our customers have been given the ok by the local council to use them. expcept they loose money on bin charges :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

I am also putting in one the 75 in a new kitchen.

I am trying to decide on how I can conceal the external pipes and have none showing from outside.

but -- a waste disposal will be a good way of getting rid of unwanted food etc

def cheaper in the uk. -try ebay also.

Advertisement