Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Free Text, Text!

• 31-01-2006 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Just a quick question, did anyone get one of these texts today,"As a valued O2 customer, we're offering you 20 free texts every month for 3 months. simply reply OFFER to thistext by 8th February 2006. From O2."

Scam or no? Oh and the number was 50202

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

No scam, I got mine the other day. Genuine O2 offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Ring customer care to find out , nice all the same if it is true .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

50 numbers are free so even if its not o2 they won't take any credit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

deecom wrote:
    Just a quick question, did anyone get one of these texts today,"As a valued O2 customer, we're offering you 20 free texts every month for 3 months. simply reply OFFER to thistext by 8th February 2006. From O2."

Scam or no? Oh and the number was 50202

:confused:
    no scam i got my ones too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

no scam - sometimes it's for 3 months, sometimes 6 months. Normally when the 3/6 months is up, I get another text offering it for another 3/6 months. I reckon I must have got my 20 free texts each month for the last 12 months or more all told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

how come it only goes to certain people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

do you send a lot of texts? I only started getting them last year when my texting increased dramatically on previous usage. I know my mother never gets it, but then she doesn't text either. Also not sure if it depends on whether your billpay or not - personally I'm a speakeasy customer. TBH I never thought too much about - if they want to give me 20 free texts, I just take them. Never look a gift horse in the mouth and all that.

very heavy texter.

Damn O2 <shakes fist>

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

I received this offer from O2 today, having also received one a couple of weeks ago, to which I did not reply.

This is the text they sent to me:
    As a valued O2 customer, we are offering you 20 free texts every month for 3 months. Simply reply VALUE to this text by 16th August 2006. From O2.
    Sender: 50202
    Sent:
    8-Aug-2006
    17:16:59

I replied a couple of hours later. I replied by hitting "reply" and typing in VALUE and hitting send. (Did I miss anything?)

I immediately got a reply from that saying:
    Sorry you are not eligible for this offer. From O2.
    Sender: 50202
    Sent:
    8-Aug-2006
    19:51:41

If they sent me the message, and I replied to the message in the manner described before the date mentioned, to me that is an implied contract. I did my part. They don't have the option of telling me I am not eligible.

So what gives? Has this happened to anyone else??

Ban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Give o2 a ring and find out the situation.
    1850 60 1747 for prepay and 1909 for bill pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

I will, of course, be talking to them today.

I am curious to know if anyone else has encountered the same "not eligible" response when replying to that offer.

Cheers,
    Ban

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Got message asking me to reply for free texts, so I replied, few mins later I got a text to say that I was not eligible. BUT THEN, I got a text last night saying that they had made a mistake and that actually I was eligible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

I got that text yesterday too. I replied and they sent me back 'Sorry you are not eligible for this offer', even though I spend €60 on top up each month. The cheek! :rolleyes:

Between their atrocious new bloody website and continual network problems, well, I'm sick of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

quad_red wrote:
    Between their atrocious new bloody website and continual network problems, well, I'm sick of it.
    They do seem to be a little downhill of late :(

quad_red wrote:
    continual network problems
    You too? I missed a very important phone call last week because my network was "dead." Had coverage but no calls would come in or go out. Only realised it when I tried to send a text and it failed saying "Operation timed out." Powered off and on the phone and got a lump of texts and VM messages in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

50202 is definetly 02 aye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

Banished, the same thing happened to my girlfriend. They told her that she wasn't eligible, after telling her that she could get the texts. Then she got another message, apologising for telling her she wasn't eligible for the free texts, and that they had been applied to her account. Very odd. I on the other hand, get this message nearly every 2 weeks. Genuine. Maybe because I never buy credit, and they think my cheapskate self is going to move to meteor? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mean mr mustard

Karsini wrote:
    You too? I missed a very important phone call last week because my network was "dead." Had coverage but no calls would come in or go out. Only realised it when I tried to send a text and it failed saying "Operation timed out." Powered off and on the phone and got a lump of texts and VM messages in.

Your handset was the issue... not the O2 network.

How would that be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

ciaranfo wrote:
    They do seem to be a little downhill of late :(

i actually wrote to them telling them to shove thier service because the website was so bad.
    i got a letter saying that this "upgrade" has been in the pipeline of two years blah balah blah. Can't expect to get it right first time etc.

They hope i will come back to em

Not bloody likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thewatercarrier

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/paygo/o2rewards

Seems 50202 is a valid o2 reward number

twc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Karsini wrote:
    How would that be?

if you ever find that happening again just power off/on or remove the sim card and put it in a different phone for a few minutes,works 99% of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Is your handset a 3g handset?? That happened to me with a 6680 on vodafone.. If you have it an 3g/gsm mode sometimes the network appears to be working but no calls or texts transfer. Switch it to GSM only mode and this will be sorted. Apparently its a problem with most early 3g handsets (my k800i isnt affected so far)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Cill Chainnigh

I got this message today

"To thank you for your loyalty, we want to give you 100 free texts per month for 3 months. Just reply LOYAL ny 4th Nov 07 to get your free gift. From O2"

I replied straight away and got the following text: -

"Thank you for you reply. Your request will be processed within the next 10days. From O2."

I am on bill phone. It may be just a coincidence that my 12 month contract has expired recently!! Free texts - I can't complain!!!:)

Advertisement