Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am i missing out?

• 31-01-2006 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Ok i have a girlfriend right, and i see her about three times a month(at the best) and really on average i see her about 9hours in a month! As she lives an hour and a half away from me. I am only 17. And the situation isn't going to get much better at least until the summer. I was just wondering what other people think? I am really mad about her and it is brilliant when we are together but it just happens so little and i kinda feel like i'm missing out. What do other people think? Lik most of the time i just miss her and just want to be wit her but know i can't. Wud it be better to just find some one else closer to me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

backflip wrote:
    Ok i have a girlfriend right, and i see her about three times a month(at the best) and really on average i see her about 9hours in a month! As she lives an hour and a half away from me. I am only 17. And the situation isn't going to get much better at least until the summer. I was just wondering what other people think? I am really mad about her and it is brilliant when we are together but it just happens so little and i kinda feel like i'm missing out. What do other people think? Lik most of the time i just miss her and just want to be wit her but know i can't. Wud it be better to just find some one else closer to me?

Thats a tricky one! I would find it extremely hard not being able to see somebody often that I really care about! I think your situation would wreck my head!

How come you can't see her more than you do if you live only and hour or so away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 backflip

Because i'm only 17 and still in school and i have to use public transport and i can only see her on weekends and i can't really see her every weekend as i do sports so i'm alredy compramising training to see her as much as i do.
    And it wrecks my hea d too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

backflip wrote:
    Because i'm only 17 and still in school and i have to use public transport and i can only see her on weekends and i can't really see her every weekend as i do sports so i'm alredy compramising training to see her as much as i do.
    And it wrecks my hea d too!!

Well, I think you could make an effort! How about heading to see her on a Sunday morning?

You could head after school on a weekday and get last bus home aswell!

And of course, vice versa!

Ya i wish, but my school doesn't finish until 6 and i'm not home until 20 past 6. Its all just a bit **** really but i kinda want to jus hang in there because i'm finished school this year so it should improve and i think we do have something special so i want it to work but i'm also worried she'l just get sick of the whole thing too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

How about suggesting she comes to see you?
    You could try get her to come watch you train
    or watch you play your matches on weekends
    that you usually wouldn't see each other.

Hope things work out for you's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

I'd be inclined to move onto greener pastures. you're 17, a bit too young to be getting bogged down in a relationship that requires this level of commitment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

kjt wrote:
    How about suggesting she comes to see you?
    You could try get her to come watch you train
    or watch you play your matches on weekends
    that you usually wouldn't see each other.

Hope things work out for you's.

I agree with this, you should both be making the effort to go and visit each other.

I also hope it works out for you, sounds like you really like this girl!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

backflip wrote:

why are you seeing her?
    are you with her becuase you have a girl, or are you with her becuase youre madly head over heels in love with her?

to be honest, id find someone more local, who will make more effort to see you.
    youre 17. you have plenty of time to have long distance relationships. right now you should be out snogging chicks, enjoying yourself, and getting into madcap adventures with comedic outcomes....

the point?
    lifes to short to fúck about being hung up on things that arent good for you or worth your time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Well I think the first thing you should do is both of you take some time together ..I know your only 17 but I had a similar situation and i'm 28..
    we'd see each other at weekends as we were living in different counties. I was in cork and she was in Galway.
    Problem is when you only see someone for a few hours a week or days a month , those days have a tendency to be amazing and almost honeymoon like. You need to spend alot of time with that person to see if it's worth the commitment.
    at your age it'll be difficult to organise weekends away together or a weeks holdiays but If you do then you'll know if you should see it through or not.

young love is still love so don't worry about people telling ya your too young for this ...you've still many years left to make hundreds of mistakes before the right one comes along and anyway that's how we learn :D

oh i almost forgot ...have you mentioned any of this to her..you should ...

why are you seeing her?
    are you with her becuase you have a girl, or are you with her becuase youre madly head over heels in love with her?

Well how do you actually know when your in love? Lik do you just know or something? But i definately am mad about her. And i've been with a fair few girls before and never felt lik this about any. Ya bringin her to watch me and ideas lik that a really good. I guesse if i really want to be with her i can, it'l just take compremises.

• Advertisement
Advertisement