Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The WORST bands and artists ever?

Options
  • 31-01-2006 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Who gets your votes for the worst bands or artists ever?

I mean, apart from the obvious answers like Westlife and Steps, what group or artist which has actually got some sort of recognition can you not bare to listen to?

What makes your ears bleed?

For me Ill say .. hmmm...

Ozric Tenticles

and

HIM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'm going to say Avril Lavigne, 50 Cent, Lemon Jelly, My Chemical Romance and U2...more to come when I'm actually awake

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Firstly, just a warning:

Please let's not let this thread quickly evolve into a battle of Boardies defending each other's favourite bands against the onslaught of other people describing them among their "WORST bands and artists ever"!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion!

If it starts going that way, i'll lock it ASAP!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

caps and bold don't make thne mod :D

Iron maiden and HIM from me :)
    oh and the 'rap' genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Youre right basquille. I phrased the origional post rather badly anyways, coz Im actually more interested in some genuinely awefull tunes, perhaps some bad covers, maybe if people mention some more obscure stuff it would be kool. I still hate Ozric Tenticles and him.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

Hatebreed, Slipknot and Neck. Just noise IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Number one with a bullet (hopefully really) has to be Celine Dion (evil demon wench!!!)

throw in 50 cent and that band that sang breakfast at tiffanys (purely for that song alone) and you've got a nice bunch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

oh and Daniel Beddingfield, for "if you're not the one" and my resulting psycho ex-girlfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The Carter Twins and that band who sang the song "no way no way" Vanilla or something. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Anything by Bon jovi

The worst song ever is that 'ghetto gospel' Elton John and Tupac:mad: Everytime I hear it I want to put acid in my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Anything at all by Queen......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

mmmm i'd say I'd have to agree with Celine Dion but lets not forget Maria Carey and anything thats come from Popstars or Idol shows (Bar Kelly Clarkson as she's actually talented)

I'll go with Slipknot too and maybe Damien Dempsey, Paddy Casey and Declan O Rourke...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

maybe Damien Dempsey, Paddy Casey and Declan O Rourke...

Oooh yes, forgot about that shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

James Blunt , James Blunt , James Blunt and oh did I say James Blunt ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

ahhhhhhhhh i had blocked him out ...my life is brilliant...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I'm aggrieved at the fact that no-one's mentioned the Black Eyed Peas yet.

Or the Sugababes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Creed

oh and the 'rap' genre
    haha!
    I hate 99% of rap, i.e. gangster rap, aggressive rap, tacky rap...

Does anyone have any obscure and awefull tunes which are so bad they have to be heard?

Ive been checkin out some "world" and "ethnic" music lately. I tells ya one thing, some of "them fard'ners" have pretty awefull taste. The worst offenders so far being Russia, France [for the sheer volume of Cheesy ballads] and China.

Some music can be so crappy and cheesy, then given a back beat, and suddenly its kinda kool - I mean like "1972 square dance jamborine" by jacknife lee or "lovely" by wagon christ.. hmm ill take my anorak off now..
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Slipknot and my chemical romance,oh.....and all emo music.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

The Thrills

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The Thrills, Damien Dempsey,Iron Maiden and Paddy Casey I agree with

Declan O Rourke is good enough
    James Blunt is okay in small doses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Cliff F***ing Richard!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Stain Boy

I never really HATE bands for the silly little reasons like "my lil sister listens to them all the time.." or "they're just way too commercial for my taste". Rather I take into account talent, ability, performance, lyrics and personality of the person behind the vocals/music.

Of anyone else in my head at the moment the name Avril Lavegne(spelt incorrectly) stands out. This girl is so bursting at the seems with teenaged angst that just drives me crazy. "my bossy parents, my stupid teachers, MY MILLIONS OF DOLLARS all make me feel so blue".
    And she has also helped fan the flames of the "Rock Chick" persona that you'll see displayed in your local Clares Accessories. There are few things more false in todays society.
    This girl is also entirely under the illusion that she is more gifted than she truely is. When Sk8tr Boi(i wont even comment on the spelling) was a huge success I recall reading an interview with Avril where she claimed that her lyrics were comparable to Bob Dylans. First of all one should never compare ones own talents to a certifiable legend as it is simply not becomming. But what makes it worse in this case is that her "music" is about as lyrical genius defunct as "Whoomp, There it is!"

So worst singer ever, that I can think of right now, Avril Lavegne. The worst thing to come out of Canada since Celion Dion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,205 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

meldrew wrote:
    James Blunt , James Blunt , James Blunt and oh did I say James Blunt ?

strange that nobody has mentioned james blunt yet,

ahh well might as well be me,

James Blunt

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

why does no-one realise he cant sing one note!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

Coldplay, Evanescence, black eyed peas damien rice

I have to agree with the avril lavigne and cliff richard - especially avril- i hate anything that blatently and cynically targets angsty teenagers..

That sux.,,,

anyways..

id like to know - does anyone know of any songs, however obscrure, that are so BAD you gotta lovem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

If you're looking for confessions, check out:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054864920

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Yes I'll be wildly original too and nominate 'The Thrills'. Bunch of no-talent sell-outs. Hope they disappear up bonos arse someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

James Blunt, My Chemical Romance, Mariah Carey, George Michael, The Streets, Goldie Looking Chain. Any of this SHÍTE rap fúcking shít.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭egon spengler

greenday, big fish, bon jovi, the frames, u2, foo fighters, the ramones, akaline trio, him, my chemical romance, bush, alien ant farm, cannibal corpse, paddy casey, damien rice, damien dempsey, david gray, james blunt, celine dion, whitney houston, mariah carey, avril lavigne, ashely simpson, jessica simpson, zz top, motley crue, van halen, brian adams

Advertisement