Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The WORST bands and artists ever?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Any of this SHÍTE rap fúcking shít.
    couldnt have put it better myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm one of those people who hate other music fans saying ''so and so are sh!te coz I said so'' but if there's one band I have to be a hyprocrite on my own rule it's.....

Metallica - they really are utterly appalling.

and obvious ones are...

The Darkness
    Nickleback
    Bon Jovi

but sure if the music gets your juices flowing it can't do any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

anyone else think it's funny that almost ever artist mentioned in this thread has still managed to sell millions of records ?

anyway my worst band ever goes to man-o-war. beyond words how bad they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

womoma wrote:
    Youre right basquille. I phrased the origional post rather badly anyways, coz Im actually more interested in some genuinely awefull tunes, perhaps some bad covers, maybe if people mention some more obscure stuff it would be kool. I still hate Ozric Tenticles and him.;)
    Remember back to the Stock, Aiken and Waterman stuff of the late eighties and early nineties. They had a female duo called the Reynolds Girls who sang (and I use the term sang very loosely here) 'I'd rather jack than fleetwood mac.' It doesn't get much worse than that in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

smashey wrote:
    Remember back to the Stock, Aiken and Waterman stuff of the late eighties and early nineties. They had a female duo called the Reynolds Girls who sang (and I use the term sang very loosely here) 'I'd rather jack than fleetwood mac.' It doesn't get much worse than that in my opinion

*horrible flashbacks*

SAW are the stuff of nightmares.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 millie2508

Oh i remember SAW they were bad, groups such as the Reynold Sister, Jason Donavan, Sonia oh how bad were they.

'I'd rather jack than fleetwood mac.'
    i dig that track so much.. to be honest... but hey

still nobody has mentioned many songs that are so bad you gotta lovem - apart from the one just mentioned possibly!

Check out "Summers Gone" by Aberfeldy for a catchy but tacky track. Its got the whole drum machine + organ thing goin on and even ends with a "cha cha cha" .. kool little craptrack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 millie2508

womoma wrote:
    i dig that track so much.. to be honest... but hey

It was catchy but it was terrible lol.

What about Jason's first hit Too Many broken Hearts OMG that was bad and Kylie Minogue's "I should be so Lukcy" yeah right love you were bleeding lucky it got to number one.:eek:

James Blunt is okay in small doses

OMG!! Trilla youre a genius!!

musical homeopathy !!! :eek:
    .. the idea being that minute doses of something bad for you actually makes you stronger and more resistant. I think Ill go and listen to 1000th of a second of James Blunt.. ok done, wow I feel great! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

I hate to say this, really, but the worst I have seen in a long time was Paul Di´Anno, ex Iron Maiden.

Why? Read here: www.concert-reviews.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

There has been a lot of sh1t down through the years but the Dublin singer/songwriter bedsit warbler Glen Hansard lickarse brigade really get on my goat.

There has been a lot of sh1t down through the years but the Dublin singer/songwriter bedsit warbler Glen Hansard lickarse brigade really get on my goat.
    never heard of Glen Hansard. Does he do lots of gay gigs for the deluded student girls?
    The whole "I go to gigs in Whelens even if its some ****e band coz Im really happening" scene gets on my tits personally.
    All these people who go to Bell X 1 gigs and try introducing everyone they meet to Calexico and stuff.. WTF is that all about?!! That whole fkn "scene" thing drives me nuts, I wouldnt mind if it was a kool "scene" but its not, its so dull.....

and breathe..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

womoma wrote:
    never heard of Glen Hansard. Does he do lots of gay gigs for the deluded student girls?
    The whole "I go to gigs in Whelens even if its some ****e band coz Im really happening" scene gets on my tits personally.
    All these people who go to Bell X 1 gigs and try introducing everyone they meet to Calexico and stuff.. WTF is that all about?!! That whole fkn "scene" thing drives me nuts, I wouldnt mind if it was a kool "scene" but its not, its so dull.....

...Right on! Glen Hansard is the singer of a band called The Frames, it seems that if you want to succeed in the Irish music scene you need his stamp of approval for some reason or other...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Cold play
    Westlife
    Bon Jovi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

womoma wrote:
    OMG!! Trilla youre a genius!!

musical homeopathy !!! :eek:
    .. the idea being that minute doses of something bad for you actually makes you stronger and more resistant. I think Ill go and listen to 1000th of a second of James Blunt.. ok done, wow I feel great! :)

Listening to the jungle bootleg mash up of Blunt's Goodbye my lover is one of the best antidotes to crap music I've ever heard.
    Here's a sample of it from the chris moyles show; http://www.archive.org/download/Jungle_James_Blunt/20060112_jungleblunt.mp3
    He plays 2min of this every weekday morning (and doesn't talk over it) but this is the ony version I could find on the web...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Rockee wrote:
    ...Right on! Glen Hansard is the singer of a band called The Frames, it seems that if you want to succeed in the Irish music scene you need his stamp of approval for some reason or other...

Either that or just suck his very small willy. I was never offered the opportunity I'm glad to report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

Pigman II wrote:
    Either that or just suck his very small willy. I was never offered the opportunity I'm glad to report.

so....how do you know that it's small???:eek:

james c*nt
    damien dempsey
    the thrills
    (isn't it curious how lotsa these bands are irish?)
    robbie "f*ckwit" williams
    ah ill think of more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Smurfpiss wrote:
    so....how do you know that it's small???:eek:
    He gets it out at the drop of a hat. Ya can barely see it for all the ginger pubes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MuffinMonster

My hate list:

-Club anthems/Dance music- Such repetitive sh1t.:mad:
    -The crazy frog- cant believe nobodys mentioned it yet.
    -Akon
    -Slipknot

And some others that I cant think of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

Good Charlotte. Quite possibly the most pointless band that there ever was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

any band that has played in whelans or appeared on the view. the frames, paddy casey, the walls, damien dempsey, damien rice...

i hate that genre of nerdo, crusty, lifeless, singer-songwriter crap. ireland is full of glen hansard clones, who in my book is as happening as the conway sisters.

i hate to say it, but contempary irish music sucks ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gotta add Black Eyed Peas to the list... i'm sorry but just based on 'My Humps' - which is without a shadow of a doubt, just the most pointless and horribly written song to ever grace the earth.
    "I met a girl down at the disco
    She said hey hey hey ya lets go
    I can be ya baby, you could be my honey
    Lets spend time not money
    And mix your milk with my cocoa puff
    milky milky coco
    mix your milk with my cocoa puff
    Milky milky
    Riiiiight..."

Ehhhhhhhhh.... wha'?!? :confused:

Advertisement