Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skype wont load

• 31-01-2006 7:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

i dont get it .
    i never had a problem with skype up until tonight. I attempt to open it and then it appears in the system tray. I double click it then to make it appear and it dissapears from the system tray
    Now every time i try to open the .exe file..
    it acts like its opening and then nothing happens.
    i tryed reinstalling it .... didnt work..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

this is just an idea

uninstall it , restart, and then run a registry repair tool ( eg tune up utilities trial has one on there ) and then try to install it again
    you could also run sfc.exe in case it has anything to do with windows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

now lots more wont load.
    everytime i open up windows messenger it has to close
    same with msn messenger.
    Same with my anti virus software.

you must have either malware or a corrupt op system

system resore might be worth a try

otherwise it'll need to be cleaned and/or repaired

did you install any new software/hardware lately - that could be it either i suppose

yeah the operating system is grand.
    Norton anti virus didnt pick it up. i have used adware and spyware doctor. the results of the Spyware doctor show a file called backdoor.hackdoor
    however it cannot remove it.

i also notice a process called crss.exe
    i did a search on it and got
    Process File: crss or crss.exe
    Process Name: W32.AGOBOT.GH Worm
    so its some type of virus im guessing.

sounds like that's it

run a copy of hacker defender disabler before you do the next scan - it only takes a couple of seconds - that can sometimes flush out a problem
    of course make sure your definitions are up to date
    try to run the scans in safe mode ( press f8 during startup and select safe mode from the list) ( also some people say that you should set the folder options view in the tools menu to show system and hidden files during the scan )
    in safe mode the av etc has a better chance of removing stuff it finds but remember to run hacker defender disabler just beforehand

did a search and it doesnt look like there isnt a simple way of getting rid of it but the guys at castle cops can remove it for you using hijackthis if none of the other programs can - dont use hijackthis unless you know what you're doing - just join the forum and make a post and someone will fix it for you
    http://castlecops.com/

• Advertisement

any chance you cud tell me where i can download hacker defender disabler from?
    i cannot find it. tryed googling it.

Advertisement