Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air in heating system

Options
  • 31-01-2006 8:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Recently my the water pump on my gas bolier has started making a right old racket. (Pump was replaced 11 months ago) I think this is being caused by a lot of air in the rads.

Before now I bled the bathroom rad once a month to let a little bit of air out but now this rad needs to be bled every 2-3 days. Each time it is stone cold so I assume it's full of air.

I open the water valve to the system in the hot press when bleeding the rads to allow extra water in.

Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Any chance your bleeding while the pump is running, that tends to suck in air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mygt

No, pump is not running at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

mygt wrote:
    Recently my the water pump on my gas bolier has started making a right old racket. (Pump was replaced 11 months ago) I think this is being caused by a lot of air in the rads.

Before now I bled the bathroom rad once a month to let a little bit of air out but now this rad needs to be bled every 2-3 days. Each time it is stone cold so I assume it's full of air.

I open the water valve to the system in the hot press when bleeding the rads to allow extra water in.

Does anyone know why this might be happening?
    Are you losing water from system? Did plumber have to drain system(I know it's not usual) when changing pump. If your inlet is left open for short time, just to see if that rads gets cold again. If not your losing water....leak. Start at pump area...then bleed off valve.
    t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mygt

The plumber didn't drain the system entirely, but did loose water when replacing the pump. However this was almost a year ago and it has been ok since.

Can I leave the inlet valve open when the pump is running? I thought it had to be closed off. There are no obvious signs of a water leak any where in the house.

Advertisement