Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Meteor call problem

• 31-01-2006 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

I know there have been posts on this before but I just wanted to get people's opinion on my situation.
    I ported from vodafone to meteor (SE W800i) in mid December. For the last 2-3 weeks I have been having a lot of problems making and particularily receiving calls. On a regular basis when people try to ring me they get diverted to my mailbox and I get no indication that they called. If they don't leave a message I sometimes don't even get notified that I missed a call. Other times the notification does not come through until I go to ring someone and 2 or 3 could be built up at this stage.
    When I do try to ring someone I often get a disconnection before the call goes through. This even happens when I try to dial my mailbox.
    I have checked my diverts and everything seems in order (by the way what should my mailbox number be?)
    By the way all this happens when I have full coverage

I have gone back to CPW and contacted customer care and all they do is reset my diverts with the #0002# code.

Has anyone else suffered this and have you been able to get it sorted out and how?

What are my options for getting out of the contract because I don't feel Meteor are providing a satisfactory service.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Maybe the phone is faulty, not the network?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

as above, maybe try your sim in a different phone?
    i moved from voda to meteor a few months back and have had no probs, k750i, mostly using it in south dublin and city centre..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Meteor have one of the best services going... i live in meath and have never had any problems... seems to be a common problem with those phones though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I had 3 W800i's before I got one which worked properly. I've had my current one for a month with no problems. I'l switch it, as while it is a great phone, there are some known issues with it.

Advertisement