Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Window Deadline Deals

• 31-01-2006 10:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Should be quite a few deals today, as there always are on deadline day. A few shocks too no doubt. You can keep up-to-date with the BBC here -> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4664680.stm

So far:
    • Bolton have signed Spanish midfielder Oscar Perez on a free transfer.
    • Man City have rejected Joey Bartons transfer request.
    • Norwich are close to signing Jonathon Johansson on loan for the rest of the season.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Also an investigation about to kick off in the whole Joey Barton area as once again United are on teh tap up path.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

United? I'd be surprised by that - I don't rate Barton at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

iregk wrote:
    Also an investigation about to kick off in the whole Joey Barton area as once again United are on teh tap up path.

Where you see this? I have heard no mention of Utd at all in regards to Barton. Would think Liverpool could be the club tapping up because they wanted him a while ago and he is best mates with Stevie G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

0843: Southampton's 19-year-old central defender Matthew Mills joins Manchester City in a three-and-a-half year deal.

No surprises there. Good to see Rupert is up early this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Big Nelly wrote:
    Where you see this? I have heard no mention of Utd at all in regards to Barton. Would think Liverpool could be the club tapping up because they wanted him a while ago and he is best mates with Stevie G

That and the fact that it comes on the back of his best mate in the City squad, Fowler, going to Liverpool. But again, it's just speculation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Spurs are after danny murphy, apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

p.pete wrote:
    Spurs are after danny murphy, apparently

I've a pain in my arse reading the Spurs sites hearing name after name after name at this stage.

Firmest rumours to date:

Murphy has passed a medical, but apparently wants more money.
    Ghaly (the Egyptian I mentioned in the transfer rumours thread) has either failed a medical, or there's a problem getting a work permit.
    Daniel Levy is in Madrid and has bid €20m for Torres (this was reported on the radio this morning, but is probably based on web rumours) Torres is agreeable to the move (allegedly) but Am are worried about the fan's reaction and are mulling over the offer, they will probably try to hold out for more money.

Also on the back burner, back up moves for John Hartson and Mark Viduka if the others don't pan out.

I hate the transfer window...:(

Big Nelly wrote:

One of the lads in the office told me, he said he got it from either footie365 or bbc. can't remember which one.

iregk wrote:
    One of the lads in the office told me, he said he got it from either footie365 or bbc. can't remember which one.

There is a bit of press talk of Utd signing Barton and Richardson going to City but seems like the papers just making stuff up to sell papers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=358770&CPID=8&clid=&lid=3&title=Pompey+seal+Argentine+coup

portsmouth have signed D'Alessandro on loan from wolfsburg - harry pulls another one out of the bag - im thinking this could prove to be a big signing, only time will tell though

• Advertisement

great player d'alessandro if not a bit unstable to put it best!

Will Pompey buy their way out of trouble, hope not!

Delap is off to Sunderland, a moment I've been waiting for for many many years! That was a weird sentence, :D!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Ghaly (the Egyptian I mentioned in the transfer rumours thread) has either failed a medical, or there's a problem getting a work permit.

Ghaly has signed for spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Big Nelly wrote:
    There is a bit of press talk of Utd signing Barton and Richardson going to City but seems like the papers just making stuff up to sell papers

Arsenal and Liverpool also mentioned as possible destinations for Barton if Pearce changes his mind and decides to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

....its speculation of course, anyone else got any last second transfer stories to keep us going till the summer ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Speculation is putting it extreamly midly, liverpool dont need either of these players...speculate on something realistic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

city have just turned down a bid from middlesborough for Barton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Did you not hear? Mark Hughes has signed Henry, Lampard and Carragher for Blackburn. They'll be unveiled by 5pm too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

• Advertisement

Liverpool to sign Diego Forlan, Pongole to Spain on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i wonder if all of the players that are making way for all the new players in portsmouth will be found down the oxfam charity shop tomorrow morning?

it must be really embarassing to have your entire team shifted out by a new manager, and 20 new players brought in.

i wonder if all of the players that are making way for all the new players in portsmouth will be found down the oxfam charity shop tomorrow morning?

it must be really embarassing to have your entire team shifted out by a new manager, and 20 new players brought in.
    Aye, and how many of the jetisoned players were bought by 'arry himself during his last spell at the club?

I hope to God Hughes doesn't get signing David Bentley. We need a striker to partner Bellamy, and a decent one at that.

Fulham have signed Michael Brown from Spurs

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/4666572.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

C'mon clubs of the world, open up your heart to our plight. We might even hand over John O'Shea next season if you help us out at our time in need. 55 mins and counting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Incase anyone is wondering Everton won't be signing anyone as we've not got two pennies to spend. There is also an asset-stripping policy at large in the club at present.

Lemlin wrote:
    I hope to God Hughes doesn't get signing David Bentley. We need a striker to partner Bellamy, and a decent one at that.

Talk of Jeffers or Pongolle from Liverpool on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Bluetonic wrote:
    Incase anyone is wondering Everton won't be signing anyone as we've not got two pennies to spend. There is also an asset-stripping policy at large in the club at present.
    Probably because of the failure to make it into Europe . . .

The same is happening at Villa whose squad is already bare bones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Probably because of the failure to make it into Europe . . .

The same is happening at Villa whose squad is already bare bones.

More likely becasue of impending movement in the board.

As well as a few players, the training ground, some club car parks and the club megastore have all been sold recently. All of which the people who run the club fail to answer questions about when asked. The ambition for the rest of the season from within the club is to get 12 points as soon as possible with the least spend.

Not the bluest of skies over Goodison Park at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

RasTa wrote:
    C'mon clubs of the world, open up your heart to our plight. We might even hand over John O'Shea next season if you help us out at our time in need. 55 mins and counting

does it close at 5? if thats what you meant, i thought it was midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Quincy leaves Arsenal, probably making way for Walcott or is Wenger is thinking of giving Lupoli a run out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

So, Pongolle to Blacburn on loan.... :/

....wish they'd taken Cisse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

does it close at 5? if thats what you meant, i thought it was midnight

is it 5 o clock if you want to play in tonights games and midnight if not?
    could be wrong here thou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

its 5pm for the wheels to be set in motion for a transfer, something to do with uefa, but the deal does not to be completed until midnight. afaik

squads will have already been announced, so players wont be available for this evenings games.

on the spurs - torres story: if spus do splash 20mil+ it would have to be announced to the stock exchange so no offical announcement until tomorrow, i would imagine

• Advertisement

SofaKing wrote:
    So, Pongolle to Blacburn on loan.... :/

....wish they'd taken Cisse.

I wish we hadn't taken anyone. Not sure what Hughes is up to. Flo Po is even more useless than Cisse, Morientes and Crouch. He shouldn't have let Jansen go if that's what he was going to sign.

Bentley is grand out on the right wing but he isn't a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

West Brom agree fee with Norwich for the transfer of Robert Earnshaw....I think it's in the region of 3.5 million.

Lemlin wrote:
    I wish we hadn't taken anyone. Not sure what Hughes is up to. Flo Po is even more useless than Cisse, Morientes and Crouch

I will remember that when Pongolle starts scoring for you ;) He is a good young player with bags of pace, just needs a run of games!

West Brom agree fee with Norwich for the transfer of Robert Earnshaw....I think it's in the region of 3.5 million.

You think Hughes could of used his Welsh connections to get Earnshaw. He's what we need. A goalpoaching finisher to play with Bellamy.

£2.75m up front with the rest coming on appearances.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

United? I'd be surprised by that - I don't rate Barton at all.

Like you I would have been surprised by this but I have just come across this from tha Man Utd website

http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=291921&itype=466&icategoryid=599

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote:

Thats all the days deals... twas posted in the original post. :confused:

Birmingham after DJ Campbell for £500k, I seriously doubt they've done much scouting on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Norwich -

Zesh Rehman - on loan till the end of season with playoffs included.
    Jonaton Johansson - on loan till the end of the season playoffs included
    Robert Earnshaw - £2.75 million increased to £3.5million depending on appearances.

3 good signings for us and a good time for them. Rehman and Johansson will sit on the bench for tonights game while Earnshaw passed the medical before heading down to the Madejski to take on Reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Birmingham after DJ Campbell for £500k, I seriously doubt they've done much scouting on him.

Ye, just smacks of desperation

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

MrJoeSoap wrote:

Campbell was playing non-league football 7 months ago. Thats one hell of a quick rise. I seriously doubt he will be the answer to Birminghams problems!

Kingp35 wrote:
    Campbell was playing non-league football 7 months ago. Thats one hell of a quick rise. I seriously doubt he will be the answer to Birminghams problems!
    It may sound cynical and may not be the case, but it certainly seems Birmingham and/or Bruce are basing this move on one or possibly two games.

Kingp35 wrote:

Jonathan Stead came from the third division and saved Blackburn's bacon, 7 goals in 13 games.
    I will remember that when Pongolle starts scoring for you He is a good young player with bags of pace, just needs a run of games!

Hopefully he won't get a run of games for Blackburn. If he even scores a goal, you can remind me.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    It may sound cynical and may not be the case, but it certainly seems Birmingham and/or Bruce are basing this move on one or possibly two games.

Itend to agree with you. He has caught the attention in Brentfords FA cup games this season. Who knows though, as Lemlin has pointed out it is possible for players rising the divisions so fast to be a success. I must say though that Stead is hardly setting the league alight at the moment

Deal done, £500k, rising to a potential £1m. Signed a deal until 2009.

• Advertisement
Advertisement