Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Famous people who go or went to UCD?

Options
  • 31-01-2006 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Like the thread says :)

Can ye think of a few?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Dave Fanning, Ryan Tubridy and Dara O Brien are the three I can think of and are all really, really annoying people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I thought Dara O Briain went to UCC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Could have, thought I heard he'd went to UCD one night on the panel but I probably heard wrong knowing my attention span!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Flinty

Jason Sherlock - Up the Dubs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

Flinty wrote:
    Jason Sherlock - Up the Dubs!!
    ha u wud never imagine he had more than a playschool education

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

Bono went to UCD for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Dara O'Briain definitely went to UCD, he was auditor of the L&H.

Awesome! :D

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

I saw a poster in Engineering that said that Pat Kenny did Chemical Engineering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

Slippers wrote:
    I saw a poster in Engineering that said that Pat Kenny did Chemical Engineering.
    is that meant to make u do chem eng or deter u!!

• Advertisement

James Joyce

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Rosie of Tralee finished here recently....
    (shes gonna be here next week at various events for seachtain na gaeilge!!!]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

From wikipedia
    UCD is highly regarded internationally with many of its graduates going on to post-graduate studies at other top international universities, particularly in the United States and Britain. Among its most accomplished alumni are the writers James Joyce, Flann O'Brien, Marina Carr, Conor McPherson, John McGahern, Frank McGuinness, Emma Donoghue, former Goldman Sachs chairman Peter Sutherland (who was also chairman of BP and was previously head of the WTO, European Union Commissioner and the Attorney-General of Ireland), Unilever chairman Niall Fitzgerald, former Heinz chairman Dr. Sir Tony O'Reilly, the fourth President of India V V Giri, and three of the last five taoisigh (Irish prime ministers): John Bruton, Dr. Garret Fitzgerald and Charles Haughey. The current taoiseach, Bertie Ahern, attended UCD as a student but did not graduate.

What did Bertie study and why didn't he graduate, does anyone know? :confused:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Rosanna Davison ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

I'm almost 100% that Bono didn't attend UCD even for a few weeks. I think he failed irish in his leaving cert and stayed back to repeat just that subject for the year, then the band really took off. Dara O' Briain went to UCD doing science and I'm pretty sure he was also auditor of the L & H.
    There was some controversy over whether of not Bertie Ahern attended UCD a few years ago. I think he might have done an add-on diploma course here but did not attend a degree course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

That travel presenter kathryn thomas went here!

This may sound harsh, it's not meant to.
    She reminds me of James Nesbit.
    kathryn.jpgneddevin.jpg
    Like his sister or something...
    I think I went past her in the Paddy's day parade last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Joseph O'Connor went here. He wrote the Irish Male series, he's a legend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

Slippers wrote:
    kathryn.jpg
    sexy

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

.2.jpgrosanna.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pilson

I saw a programme on rte about Dermot Morgan. I think I remember seeing him at UCD as a student

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭selephonic

Neil Jordan began his very unsuccessful film career in UCD film studies I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

eh ......... are u SURE james joyce went there..... i mean the orts blok isnt that old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

Do famous murderers,rapists,con artists,Bent politician's,paedophiles,count in this?

eh ......... are u SURE james joyce went there..... i mean the orts blok isnt that old
    The library is called 'the James Joyce library' isn't it? Makes sense I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Are you serious?

Pythia wrote:
    Are you serious?
    Nah, he had to have been taking the piss...right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

You've gotta give it to roassana she is absolutely gorgeous. I look like a right perv though,in the computer room in the terrace and the guy beside me just saw me oggoling hullabaloo's pics of roassanna.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

Brian O' Driscoll went to UCD i think

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement