Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Famous people who go or went to UCD?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Em do you know anything about the history of UCD?! The arts block was completed in 1970, the science block was the first to be built on the belfield campus, so Joyce attended UCD when the University was based in the city centre at Earlsfort Terrace, which the college still owns part of. ray D'arcy did Psychology in UCD, that Brenda Donoghue one did Economics, Haughey did Commerce, Maeve Binchy did arts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

funktastic wrote:
    I'm almost 100% that Bono didn't attend UCD even for a few weeks. I think he failed irish in his leaving cert and stayed back to repeat just that subject for the year, then the band really took off.

It couldn't happen to a more deserving person! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pilson

panda100 wrote:
    You've gotta give it to roassana she is absolutely gorgeous. I look like a right perv though,in the computer room in the terrace and the guy beside me just saw me oggoling hullabaloo's pics of roassanna.
    she could do with eating a few pies but yeah I think w'ed all give her one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

pilson wrote:
    she could do with eating a few pies but yeah I think w'ed all give her one.

Yeah TBH I wouldn't mind some of her pie! :D :v: ;)

Two slices of ass pie please and dont be skimpy with the cream

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Ok to clear up, James Joyce did go to UCD, just it wasn't based in Belfield at the time!

Some people eh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

James Joyce deffor went to UCD shame on the guy who questioned it!

Also Brian O Driscoll went here along with Eugene Davy another rugby ledge. I think Eavan Boland did as well, in fact lots of famous irish poets did.

Ray Darcy went to TCD not UCD... and I cant believe Maeve Binchy did arts?! Hmmm

I think Gerard Manley Hopkins was our most famous lecturer open to correction on that

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

DaveMcG wrote:
    What did Bertie study and why didn't he graduate, does anyone know? :confused:

Bertie never went to ucd, thats a myth. fact is bertie himself claims he went to London School of Economics but no record exists in the LSE of his attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

its a big conspiracy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

tintinr35 wrote:
    ha u wud never imagine he had more than a playschool education

He doesnt.lol.

You know you've got a problem when your most esteemed graduates are Rosanna davidson, brian odriscoll, ray darcy, charles haughey and kathryn Thomas. Ill give you Joyce though.

• Advertisement

No this is the most 'famous' ucd people thread not the most esteemed. Just because Haughey, Rosanna etc are famous does'nt mean we respect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

pilson wrote:
    I saw a programme on rte about Dermot Morgan. I think I remember seeing him at UCD as a student

That's true. Have a seminar with Terry Dolan at the moment in English and he told us in one of them that he was Dermot Morgan's tutor way back when.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

Chuck Norris founded U.C.D.!! Way back in the day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Maeve Binchy, Marian Keyes, Frank McGuinness, Aidan Mathews, Neil Jordan, Marina Carr, Conor McPherson, Dara O'Briain, Joyce (eurgh), Declan Kiberd, Eilis Ni Dhuibhne, John McGahern, Flann O'Brien... so many people went to UCD, it's been around for a while, y'know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭spagboll

Ross O Carrol Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

You dragged up a 5 year old thread for Ross O Carroll Kelly? Really?

Sorry just to stop a mod getting angry, we've had like 90% of Ireland's chief justices and Attorneys General.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Chris O'Dowd from The IT Crowd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Why would I get angry at you, you didn't drag up a 5 year old thread just to make an off topic post.

Locked, btw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement