Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Common Gig

• 31-01-2006 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Saw common in thr Metro Sydney last week. ****in great gig, had thr crowd in the palm of his hand. Don't know if he's in Ireland any time soon or ever but make the effort, well worth it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭BangBeater

could be supportin' kanye @ the point, maybe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

Yep, fingers crossed on that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Really, Common play support to Kanye, would have thought he's too big an artist to be playing support for someone. But maybe i'm wrong. that would definitely be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭BangBeater

Really, Common play support to Kanye, would have thought he's too big an artist to be playing support for someone. But maybe i'm wrong. that would definitely be worth a look

Yeah, in fairness, he is a better rapper than kanye... but doesn't have the commercial hype that west has.... anyway, not gonna complain... wudn't mind seeing him at the kanye gig!
    listenin to 'Be' @ moment... great album....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭CmX

Common played in Spirit a few months back didn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Be is the best hip hop album i have in my collection at the moment. Every track is pure genius, i love common. I might even consider heading to the Kanye West if Common is billed...i'd leave once kanye steps up thou, can't hack him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

Like Water for Chocolate is a hundred times better than Be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Klimseven wrote:
    Like Water for Chocolate is a hundred times better than Be

Yup.Most of Common's older stuff is better then Be.I listened to Be twice,thought it sounded good and then just forgot about it.No replay value and not a bit boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Yeah I have to agree, Be is a good album, but all of his albums, other than electric circus, are better than it.

I have to repeat though, i would be amazed if he was playing support to Kanye! He did play Spirit i think alright, but I missed it unfortunately. Don't know about Spirit as a venue for Hip-hop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

ya Be is a great album, great to listen to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Common played in Spirit a few months back didn't he?

Yeah he did, think it was back in August. It was an amazing gig in such a small venue...he even dropped into the crowd and started breakdancing at one point! :P

Advertisement