Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgage relief, half this month?

Options
  • 31-01-2006 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i was just checking my bank account there, my mortgage relief is nearly half what it usualy is.

would anyone know why this is?

who would i contact about this? the bank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Have you reached the anniversary of your mortgage? After about 5(?) years the relief is reduced?

Has your tax position altered radically in the last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Victor wrote:
    Have you reached the anniversary of your mortgage? After about 5(?) years the relief is reduced?

Has your tax position altered radically in the last year?

no, only in the house about 8 months.

tax position hasn't radically changed, think i'm earning an extra €40 a month, after the budget, surely this wouldn't have anything to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Your mortgage interest relief for last year was split over 8 months. This year it will be split over 12 months.

e.g. for a single first time buyer interest relief will be €800 per year. Over the 8 months for last year is €100 (800/8) a month. This year it will be split over the whole year - €66.66 (800/12).

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

JazzyJ wrote:
    Your mortgage interest relief for last year was split over 8 months. This year it will be split over 12 months.

e.g. for a single first time buyer interest relief will be €800 per year. Over the 8 months for last year is €100 (800/8) a month. This year it will be split over the whole year - €66.66 (800/12).

thanks for clearing that up jazzy

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭freddie

my interest relief doubled for some reason this month!

• Advertisement
Advertisement