Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1.10 patch notes

• 31-01-2006 12:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

from http://www.divinevengeance.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1385

incomplete so far:

-Due to significant talent changes, all Priests' talent points will be refunded and can be respent. Training costs for all talent spell/ability replacements have been significantly reduced.

-The priest racial ability system has been completely reevaluated and altered to offer a better level of equality among races. The following abilities are available to each race:

-New Spell: Disease Resistance (Level 20) - Increases the targets chance of resisting disease debuffs by 10%. Lasts 3 minutes. (Dwarf only)
    -Desperate Prayer - Amount healed and cooldown decreased slightly. This ability has been expanded to allow targeted casting. (Dwarf and Human only)
    -New Spell: Spiritual Clarity (Level 20) - The target is infused with spritual force, removing the weakened soul debuff. 15 minute cooldown. (Human only)
    -New Spell: Elune's Serenity (Level 20) - Enters the caster into a regenerative state, restoring 1100 mana and 600 health over 30 seconds. Must be used out of combat. 5 minute cooldown. (Night Elf only)
    -Starshards - Damage slightly increased, range decreased slightly. This spell was incorrectly avoiding range checks during channeling, this issue has been fixed.
    -Devouring Plague - Damage slightly decreased, mana cost slightly increased. The amount healed by this spell has been reduced to 40% of the damage done to the target and has been expanded to heal all party members.
    -Touch of Weakness - Target damage reduction significantly increased, damage significantly increased, cooldown increased. The damage reducing ability of this spell will now affect all party members. This spell can now be triggered through spellcasting.
    -New Spell: Dark Presence (Level 40) - When active, mana will be drained from the target equal to 5% of all damage done over the next 30 seconds. 3 Minute cooldown. (Troll only)
    -Hex of Weakness - In addition to the damage reduction modifier, the target will now have all spell resistance values reduced significantly. This change should make Hex of Weakness a more attractive option for Troll priests.

-Inner Fire - The attack power and armor bonuses for this ability have been removed and replaced with a moderate increase in all spell resistances and a 5% increase in wand damage. These changes should make this ability more favorable to priests.
    -Greater Heal - The dynamic of Greater Heal has been completely readjusted to make it a channeled heal over time. It now functions similar to channeled damage spells (blizzard etc.) except that it heals the target player progressively throughout the 4 second cast. As with other channeled damage spells, the full mana cost of the spell will be lost if the cast is stopped or interrupted at any point.
    -Power Word:Shield - Power Word:Shield can now be modified by a small percentage of + healing gear based upon the skill points used in the new discipline talent, Inner Resolve.
    -Fade - In PvP combat, use of the fade ability now causes any unit that has the caster targeted to lose target, much like if the caster were to stealth. The caster can be aquired again by retargeting, as is intended.
    -Prayer of Fortitude - Mana cost slightly reduced.
    -Holy Fire - Damage slightly increased.
    -Mana Burn - Range slightly reduced.
    -Psychic Scream - A new system of checks has been instituted now allowing for a percent chance that psychic fear will not be canceled by other abilities. The percentage chance is dependent upon the targets shadow resistance and level.
    -Abolish Disease - Range slightly reduced.
    -Divine Spirit - Mana cost reduced.
    -Focused Casting - Duration decreased to 6 seconds.
    -Mind Soothe - Mana cost increased. Maximum rank of targets affected reduced to 65.
    -Mind flay - Target movement speed is now reduced to 60% of the normal value.
    -Fear Ward - This spell is no longer a dwarven racial ability. This talent can now be found at 31 points in the discipline tree.
    -Levitation - An appropriate error message now appears if the caster attempts to use it while submerged.
    -All +mana/5 second regenerative items have now been changed to function within the normal passive tick system that spirit operates in. This change should fix numerous lingering issues regarding incorrect threat gain. The Prophetic Aura will also now enter this passive state.
    -Starshards - The animation has been changed to prevent the reversed fall issue.
    -Updated various spell tooltips to be more clear (grammatical errors etc.).
    -Mana Burn - Mana Burn now correctly interrupts the capture of a flag.
    -Mind Flay - Spell animation altered to fix an issue with no display during repeated casts.
    -Power Word:Shield - Fixed an issue with animation display while in shadowform. The shield animation should now display as intended. Polymorph now removes the weakened soul effect.
    -Mind Control - Mind Control now functions correctly if canceled while the targeted unit is attacking a friendly NPC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Chavster

source? patch notes are always released before the patch by some convoluted 3rd party. Don't think i've ever seen them to be accurate...

Why does Mind Flay, Mana Burn & PW:Shield have multiple entries? Surely blizz would have one entry with multiple changes?

EG from last patch notes.....

Stoneform
    -No longer snares the user.
    -Armor bonus increased.
    -Duration lowered.
    joe. wrote:
    -Mind Control - Mind Control now functions correctly if canceled while the targeted unit is attacking a friendly NPC

Eh? This is pretty badly worded. Can't believe Blizz would write something like that tbh.

And finally anything strike you as strange about these words which are used more than once:

canceled, spritual, channeling, aquired... ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

These were posted a few weeks ago and confirmed to be fake from what I can remember.

Thank christ, talk about fubaring up priests even more than they currently are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Interview and pics of the new weather system.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3147617

We’ve been hard at work at Patch 1.10 and I’m excited to bring you a small sneak preview of some of the content. We’ll be offering a series of quests for maximum level players so they can obtain a really good, class-specific armor set. This should prove to be a great way for non-raiding players to upgrade their gear. Here are some highlights:

• Characters follow a new quest line to obtain an armor set
    • The armor sets contain 4 rare and 4 epic pieces
    • Some of the pieces can be obtained by soloing (including one of the epic pieces)
    • The most difficult pieces to obtain require a UBRS level group
    • We are adding new bosses to existing dungeons
    • Some of the existing dungeons are being re-itemized

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Those notes BETTER be fucking fake is all i can say.

MAKE US ROLL DORF PRIESTS AND THEN RENDER THEM USESLESS LOLZ

MAKE MANA BURN GO OUT OF RANGE 90% OF THE TIME INSTEAD OF 50% LOLZ

+WWAND DAMAGE LOLZ

I swear, its like the bastard child of fangtooth and jeff k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

joe. wrote:
    from http://www.divinevengeance.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1385

incomplete so far:

-Due to significant talent changes, all Priests' talent points will be refunded and can be respent. Training costs for all talent spell/ability replacements have been significantly reduced.

-The priest racial ability system has been completely reevaluated and altered to offer a better level of equality among races. The following abilities are available to each race:

-New Spell: Disease Resistance (Level 20) - Increases the targets chance of resisting disease debuffs by 10%. Lasts 3 minutes. (Dwarf only)
    -Desperate Prayer - Amount healed and cooldown decreased slightly. This ability has been expanded to allow targeted casting. (Dwarf and Human only)
    -New Spell: Spiritual Clarity (Level 20) - The target is infused with spritual force, removing the weakened soul debuff. 15 minute cooldown. (Human only)
    -New Spell: Elune's Serenity (Level 20) - Enters the caster into a regenerative state, restoring 1100 mana and 600 health over 30 seconds. Must be used out of combat. 5 minute cooldown. (Night Elf only)
    -Starshards - Damage slightly increased, range decreased slightly. This spell was incorrectly avoiding range checks during channeling, this issue has been fixed.
    -Devouring Plague - Damage slightly decreased, mana cost slightly increased. The amount healed by this spell has been reduced to 40% of the damage done to the target and has been expanded to heal all party members.
    -Touch of Weakness - Target damage reduction significantly increased, damage significantly increased, cooldown increased. The damage reducing ability of this spell will now affect all party members. This spell can now be triggered through spellcasting.
    -New Spell: Dark Presence (Level 40) - When active, mana will be drained from the target equal to 5% of all damage done over the next 30 seconds. 3 Minute cooldown. (Troll only)
    -Hex of Weakness - In addition to the damage reduction modifier, the target will now have all spell resistance values reduced significantly. This change should make Hex of Weakness a more attractive option for Troll priests.

-Inner Fire - The attack power and armor bonuses for this ability have been removed and replaced with a moderate increase in all spell resistances and a 5% increase in wand damage. These changes should make this ability more favorable to priests.
    -Greater Heal - The dynamic of Greater Heal has been completely readjusted to make it a channeled heal over time. It now functions similar to channeled damage spells (blizzard etc.) except that it heals the target player progressively throughout the 4 second cast. As with other channeled damage spells, the full mana cost of the spell will be lost if the cast is stopped or interrupted at any point.
    -Power Word:Shield - Power Word:Shield can now be modified by a small percentage of + healing gear based upon the skill points used in the new discipline talent, Inner Resolve.
    -Fade - In PvP combat, use of the fade ability now causes any unit that has the caster targeted to lose target, much like if the caster were to stealth. The caster can be aquired again by retargeting, as is intended.
    -Prayer of Fortitude - Mana cost slightly reduced.
    -Holy Fire - Damage slightly increased.
    -Mana Burn - Range slightly reduced.
    -Psychic Scream - A new system of checks has been instituted now allowing for a percent chance that psychic fear will not be canceled by other abilities. The percentage chance is dependent upon the targets shadow resistance and level.
    -Abolish Disease - Range slightly reduced.
    -Divine Spirit - Mana cost reduced.
    -Focused Casting - Duration decreased to 6 seconds.
    -Mind Soothe - Mana cost increased. Maximum rank of targets affected reduced to 65.
    -Mind flay - Target movement speed is now reduced to 60% of the normal value.
    -Fear Ward - This spell is no longer a dwarven racial ability. This talent can now be found at 31 points in the discipline tree.
    -Levitation - An appropriate error message now appears if the caster attempts to use it while submerged.
    -All +mana/5 second regenerative items have now been changed to function within the normal passive tick system that spirit operates in. This change should fix numerous lingering issues regarding incorrect threat gain. The Prophetic Aura will also now enter this passive state.
    -Starshards - The animation has been changed to prevent the reversed fall issue.
    -Updated various spell tooltips to be more clear (grammatical errors etc.).
    -Mana Burn - Mana Burn now correctly interrupts the capture of a flag.
    -Mind Flay - Spell animation altered to fix an issue with no display during repeated casts.
    -Power Word:Shield - Fixed an issue with animation display while in shadowform. The shield animation should now display as intended. Polymorph now removes the weakened soul effect.
    ]
    I know they're fake but..

Stupidest spell ever.

Great idea :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Thats a trick from EQ 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Dustaz wrote:
    MAKE US ROLL DORF PRIESTS AND THEN RENDER THEM USESLESS LOLZ
    Why are dorf priests the best version? Just curious like.

<- Hordie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

DapperGent wrote:
    Why are dorf priests the best version? Just curious like.

<- Hordie.
    Fear ward. It's handy for onyxia, magmadar, and nefarion, but horde manage fine without it, so I don't see the problem myself. I think it also got changed a while ago so that it only breaks one fear, rather than giving a ten minute immunity. In all fairness, giving it to all priests isn't going to make dwarf priests obsolete or anything, all the other alliance racials were pretty crap in the first place. I reckon they should dump the racials alltogether, and give everyone fear ward and the undead one. Having different abilities for horde and alliance only creates a never ending stream of easy mode whines from both sides, even though none of them are remotely close to game breaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

abccormac wrote:
    Fear ward. It's handy for onyxia, magmadar, and nefarion, but horde manage fine without it, so I don't see the problem myself. I think it also got changed a while ago so that it only breaks one fear, rather than giving a ten minute immunity. In all fairness, giving it to all priests isn't going to make dwarf priests obsolete or anything, all the other alliance racials were pretty crap in the first place. I reckon they should dump the racials alltogether, and give everyone fear ward and the undead one. Having different abilities for horde and alliance only creates a never ending stream of easy mode whines from both sides, even though none of them are remotely close to game breaking.
    Nah, I like the racial abilities tbh, only trouble is getting them right.
    The Troll racial did really really suck but they've changed that now so its all good. The Human Perception is the only one that really really annoys me heh.

Canabilise ftw.

I meant the priest race specific spells, rather than the racial racials if you get me :v:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Fear ward. It's handy for onyxia, magmadar, and nefarion, but horde manage fine without it, so I don't see the problem myself.
    It certainly made them much more luck based to begin with. Infact Onyxia, till the TAT, was quite a luck absed phase3. Fear Ward is very powerful. That said i dont wanna see horde with it (or any other priest for that matter). I hope they arent gonna be lazy and not think of a decent "fix" without giving everyone fear ward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

abccormac wrote:
    I think it also got changed a while ago so that it only breaks one fear, rather than giving a ten minute immunity.

It never gave 10 minute immunity. It was like that for about a day after a patch bugged it.

AFAIK horde have shaman totems to counteract the fear dont they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

afaik shaman tremor totem will break fear so that you dont' get the full duration but i dont' think it ever makes your immune to fear.

iirc this priest thingie is what lets alliance druids tank magmadar. i don't know if it can be done feasibly on horde i'll have to look into it

Dustaz wrote:
    It never gave 10 minute immunity. It was like that for about a day after a patch bugged it.

AFAIK horde have shaman totems to counteract the fear dont they?

I thought it was like that for much longer but whatever. Tremor totems do break fear, but they don't give immunity. The tank can still get feared for a few seconds before the totem ticks. Either way, I couldn't care less that alliance have fear ward, horde have other ways to break fear. Giving it to horde priests won't make any real difference to the difficulty of the fights.

If those notes are real, the channeled heals are a much bigger change. I think that would take quite a bit of the skill out of healing for priests, you wouldn't need to worry about timing at all. Keeping a tank up on a fight with fairly predictable non spiky damage damage would be a piece of piss with 2 or 3 priests channeling health into him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

If i remember right It did give a 10 minute immunity for a week at least, maybe two...

Advertisement