Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snakebite

Options
  • 31-01-2006 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭

Since there are a few threads knocking around warning people away from places, I thought I'd throw up my positive review of the piercing I got yesterday.

Went into Snakebite yesterday around half six to get my lip pierced. The guys inside were the nicest piercers that I've ever spoken to, they actually seemed to give a shít as opposed to just wanting to get the piercing done. Everything felt really professional but at the same time the atmosphere was really friendly. I've been pierced in Limerick, Dublin and Edinburgh, and this was easily my best piercing experience. I'm just sorry I didn't hear about them before. So cheers to all the guys in snakebite.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Dave wrote:
    Since there are a few threads knocking around warning people away from places, I thought I'd throw up my positive review of the piercing I got yesterday.

Went into Snakebite yesterday around half six to get my lip pierced. The guys inside were the nicest piercers that I've ever spoken to, they actually seemed to give a shít as opposed to just wanting to get the piercing done. Everything felt really professional but at the same time the atmosphere was really friendly. I've been pierced in Limerick, Dublin and Edinburgh, and this was easily my best piercing experience. I'm just sorry I didn't hear about them before. So cheers to all the guys in snakebite.

Snakebite is the most professional place in town and no matter what anyone says the quality is just not as good ANYWHERE else in Dublin. I've been saying the same for 6 years and would not go anywhere else at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

i havnt got a peircing in snakebite before, where exactly is it? Do you know how much a tongue piercing would be, + stud? Ive been looking for a decent place to get my tongue done cos i dont want it falling off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

just went on to the website.....never mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 shutupandlisten

actually now that you mention Limerick the only one I would even consider gettign anythign done in would be living art (on recommendations from my cousin-but iv enver got anything done there) The other day a person who works in the hospital in limerick told me that a girl was sent from the piercing place in fox's bow because they had put a tongue stud through a vein. surely its commen knowladge what tongues are suitable or not? I mean I didnt know ANYTHING about pircings before I got my tongue done but I knew about the whoel tongue vein thing. the piercing rooms are TINY and they have you lie on a BEACH chair you know like the folding ones. im not kidding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I got my first peircing in that place in foxes bow. It has changed management since and they just don't seem to give a flying fcuk. I'd never get pierced anywhere in Limerick to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 shutupandlisten

you know that shop just off of foxes bow abstract and dankini this is just hearsay but above that the apprentice from fox's bow is I think opening a shop there an he is supposed o be pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I can second the opinion of the lads in Snakebite, they are the best around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭munky

I got my lobe done yesterday in celestial ring cuz I've no clue as to where snakebite is...?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

ditto on the whole snakebite thing! i got a tattoo done there last year and reccommend it to everyone-have already sent 3 or 4 people up there from Galway just to get one done, and its well worth the travelling time

munky wrote:
    I got my lobe done yesterday in celestial ring cuz I've no clue as to where snakebite is...?

Celestrial ring is a decent place too. Piercing like an eyebrow or lobe I would be more flexible on where to go but anything like a surface piercing/genital/implant I would certainly go to Snakebite.

• Advertisement

fun bus wrote:
    ditto on the whole snakebite thing! i got a tattoo done there last year and reccommend it to everyone-have already sent 3 or 4 people up there from Galway just to get one done, and its well worth the travelling time

I've been tattoo'd there by two different people. They don't always have the same artist but with the expertise of the lads I would be confident enough going with anyone they put under there name.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Got my PA in Snakebite, guys inside there are dead on. Been in there a few times with others getting piercings.

They are really interested in their work, and will talk you through everything and anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭marymc

Where exactly IS Snakebite? How do I get to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Abbey Street, opposite side of the street from Arnotts. It's upstairs so you'd miss it if you weren't looking for it. Think the ground floor is used as a travel agents (arrow travel???), has brown glass if memory serves

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Isadora

It's on Abbey Street. Turn left off O'Connell Street before/after Easons depending on in you are coming from north or southside. They're upstairs on the same side of the road as Chapters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

I'd like to add my voice to the positive cheer for :v: Snakebite:v: . I got my lip done there last year. The staff were all very approachable and good-humoured... I had to go back a couple of times soon after, when the ball fell out and I couldn't get it back in, and they were very cool about helping me out... I'd recommend it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Isadora wrote:
    They're upstairs on the same side of the road as Chapters.

No they're not :rolleyes:
    They're opposite Chapters. Next to a bar called Traffic. They usually have a board outside on the street when they're open, I don't know how you could miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭SxE Punk

Snakebite kinda reminds me of G1 skate supply(round the corner, top of O Connel street). If you were big into piercings and tats, snakebite seems like a place you could hang out. The guy and girls working there are totally professional, hella friendly, mad helpful and just all round stand up guy, and girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 smashysmashy

I got my tongue pierced their last year :p , they were soo nice and talked to me for a half an hour and told me to go for lunch and comeback before getting it done. Didn't hurt too much til the next morning. Only cost 50 for piercing + 2 bars&studs.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

I got my ear done their about 2 years ago and I was happy with it but when I went back to get 2 more around it they screwed them up. He cut a vein and I've had trouble with the piercing ever since

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

eth0_ wrote:
    No they're not :rolleyes:
    They're opposite Chapters. Next to a bar called Traffic. They usually have a board outside on the street when they're open, I don't know how you could miss it.

:rolleyes: No, they're not next to Traffic. They're above traffic.

:p

Advertisement