Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manu to try and get Chelsea banned

• 31-01-2006 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/4664656.stm

The Mikel story just goes on and on. With the player not wanting to join united, and with death threats being made against him (allegedly by so called Manu fans), Manu seem to be putting the knife in. Amid claims that Chelsea tried to scupper the deal between Manu and Lyn, united are now trying to get Chelsea sanctioned by doing the following "United want Fifa to consider imposing a transfer ban on the Blues as well as barring them from certain tournaments.". Is this Uniteds only way of trying to demoralise Chelsea? Why would they seek to influence any decision FIFA make? What's in it for Manu? How did a confidential letter from Manu to Lyn get into the hands of the media? Why are they trying to still sign a player, who simply does not want to play for them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

You find nothing wrong with a player joining a club then deciding "chelsea is the place to be for me" and saying he was forced to sign for united? You think this kind of ****e is acceptable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

I think united as clutching at straws called for a ban on Chelsea dealings, Chelsea would still win the premiership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hobart wrote:
    "United want Fifa to consider imposing a transfer ban on the Blues as well as barring them from certain tournaments.". Is this Uniteds only way of trying to demoralise Chelsea?

Damn right too, if Chelsea are found to have been doing some dodgy dealing then they should be banned. Roma where banned from buying players for a year after doing something similiar in the deal for that Frnech bloke. Mexes or something isn't it. Utd want a years ban on transfer dealing and to get them thrown out of Champions league
    Hobart wrote:
    Why would they seek to influence any decision FIFA make? What's in it for Manu?

I don't think I need to answer this. What is in it for Utd? well first of all get one over Chelsea and Kenyon. Second make it easier for Utd to buy players. See what happened with Essien? I don't think they are trying to influence. From what I seen this is extracts from a 9-10 page document that Utd sent in regards the transfer. The press just picked out the juicy bits
    Hobart wrote:
    How did a confidential letter from Manu to Lyn get into the hands of the media?

How do the press get anything? someone somewhere was given a few quid.
    Hobart wrote:
    Why are they trying to still sign a player, who simply does not want to play for them?

Trying to sign him to make a point. Also if he doesnt want to play for them then they can sell him on.. Why lose a player that has signed a contract for nothing just because Chelsea have offered him aload of money to move to them instead. He has signed the contract so he has to go. Can move on then for a fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

BolBill wrote:
    I think united as clutching at straws called for a ban on Chelsea dealings, Chelsea would still win the premiership.
    Have you seen the guy play, he is the 2nd best young talent in the world, behind Messi and in front of Giovanni Dos Santos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Hobart wrote:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/4664656.stm

Why are they trying to still sign a player, who simply does not want to play for them?

Are you a Chelsea fan or something ?

Do you know we have already signed this player until Chelsea came in ?

They have being at it a few times lately with Ashley Cole and Gerrard. I hope they get punished for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Davei141 wrote:
    You find nothing wrong with a player joining a club then deciding "chelsea is the place to be for me" and saying he was forced to sign for united? You think this kind of ****e is acceptable?
    I don't think it's as cut and dried as you make it out. There are claims of signitures being forged etc... Why would you only believe 1 side of the story. Chelsea, seem to be leaving Fifa upto making whatever decision they see as fit, Fifa being the only one's in possesion of all the "facts" surrounding this case. It just stinks of desperation to me form United at this stage. The "getting one over" type comments are childish tbh. This is not a game of conkers in the yard. If he does not want to play, I would not sign him. I would not want him in the dressing room with my players, be they first team or reserve.

RasTa wrote:
    Are you a Chelsea fan or something ?

Do you know we have already signed this player until Chelsea came in ?

They have being at it a few times lately with Ashley Cole and Gerrard. I hope they get punished for this
    Do you work for Lyn? Where you there when he signed the contract? When where Chelsea sanctioned for tapping up Gerrard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think the key issue here is that United know exactly what kind of underhand and slimey dealings have gone on because of who does Chelsea's dirty work - Peter Kenyon.

Hobart wrote:
    Do you work for Lyn? Where you there when he signed the contract? When where Chelsea sanctioned for tapping up Gerrard?

Did you even bother to read the link you posted ? Here is a small snippet from it

"Mikel, who is currently playing in the African Cup of Nations, signed a deal with United but later said he had been forced to put pen-to-paper and wanted to join Chelsea."

See the signed a deal bit ? That means contract(might of being pre-conract but still a contract) which in turn means he is our player. I could care less if he changed his mind and wants to join Chelsea, It's his own fault and if he refuses to play for United he should be banned from football for a couple of years like Ortega

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Hobart wrote:
    Is this Uniteds only way of trying to demoralise Chelsea?

Yes, Nobody can hurt chelsea financially.There has to be some other way of making them pay. They laughed at the FA last year over the ashly Cole incident. Why shouldnt United try to make Chelsea pay? United are a big club and globally a bigger club than Chelsea they cant publicly be undermined by one of their fierce rivals. it seems from the BBC article that Chelsea are trying to be diplomatic about it and leave it in the hands of FIFA and i'm sure FIFA will inflict punishment on them and the agents involved.
    Hobart wrote:
    What's in it for Manu?
    United are in direct competition with Chelsea for players and trophies its in their interests to make sure Chelsea get punished. ridiculous question!
    Hobart wrote:
    Principle, If Chelsea get away with this they'll do it again and again. Chelsea have made a few enemies in last few years with the way they conduct their business. Kenyon and Abramovich's disregard & arrogance toward other clubs and officals is not going un-noticed by the FIFA. I hope FIFA think of Chelsea's behaviour to date when they make their ruling.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote:
    See the signed a deal bit ? That means contract(might of being pre-conract but still a contract) which in turn means he is our player. I could care less if he changed his mind and wants to join Chelsea, It's his own fault and if he refuses to play for United he should be banned from football for a couple of years like Ortega
    See the "forced" bit? If he was forced, then the contract is null and void.

Yes, Nobody can hurt chelsea financially.There has to be some other way of making them pay. They laughed at the FA last year over the ashly Cole incident. Why shouldnt United try to make Chelsea pay? United are a big club and globally a bigger club than Chelsea they cant publicly be undermined by one of their fierce rivals. it seems from the BBC article that Chelsea are trying to be diplomatic about it and leave it in the hands of FIFA and i'm sure FIFA will inflict punishment on them and the agents involved.
    Why shouldn't they? Because some would say that it stinks of desperation on their part. As for the undermining, this is a non issue tbh, united have not been affected by Chelsea's undermining of them in the past, why now?

United are in direct competition with Chelsea for players and trophies its in their interests to make sure Chelsea get punished. ridiculous question!
    Ridiculous?Some would say uniteds pathetic attempts to get Chelsea banned are ridiculous. Is this there only avenue to try and get then knocked out of a competition? I don't see the like of Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs/etc... calling for the sanctions on Chelsea. Only Manu.

Principle, If Chelsea get away with this they'll do it again and again. Chelsea have made a few enemies in last few years with the way they conduct their business. Kenyon and Abramovich's disregard & arrogance toward other clubs and officals is not going un-noticed by the FIFA. I hope FIFA think of Chelsea's behaviour to date when they make their ruling.
    Well then it's a flawed principle.

I think the forged contract you are talking about refers to his original Lyn Oslo contract, not the one he signed for ManU. If Chelsea are in this from the start and have been tracking the player and sent him to Lyn as the players agent said they did then i wouldnt be surprised if Chelsea had a hand in this forged contract to get their asset out to lyn in order to play there for a couple of seasons to get his EU papers
    Nothing Kenyon does surprises me. In the summer Abramovich took over Chelsea while Kenyon was in the middle of trashing out the Ronaldinho deal for Man U. Ronaldinho ends up at Barca and Kenyon ends up at Chelsea.
    something f*ckin fishy went down there aswell.

I think the forged contract you are talking about refers to his original Lyn Oslo contract, not the one he signed for ManU. If Chelsea are in this from the start and have been tracking the player and sent him to Lyn as the players agent said they did then i wouldnt be surprised if Chelsea had a hand in this forged contract to get their asset out to lyn in order to play there for a couple of seasons to get his EU papers
    Nothing Kenyon does surprises me. In the summer Abramovich took over Chelsea while Kenyon was in the middle of trashing out the Ronaldinho deal for Man U. Ronaldinho ends up at Barca and Kenyon ends up at Chelsea.
    something f*ckin fishy went down there aswell.
    I never said that the alleged forged contract was the one is dispute here. In fact the allegations of forgery only add to the mystery surrounding this player and his various goings on. As for Ronhaldinho, I have heard rumours etc.. so has everyone. Irrespective of those rumours it looks like he made the right move in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

they should be banned he signed a contract with united b4 chelsea saying he would play 4 them b4 signing a contract with chelsea.nothing can hurt chelsea they have a brilliant squad all the money in the world so a fine or a ban wouldnt work maybe a tournament ban would suit them better. and hopefully fifa will reconise, that the only way to punish chelsea is to stop them playing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Old news TBH , must be a slow news day at the Beeb.

Hobart wrote:
    Why shouldn't they? Because some would say that it stinks of desperation on their part. As for the undermining, this is a non issue tbh, united have not been affected by Chelsea's undermining of them in the past, why now?

Some would say? no only you have said that, yeah and maybe Bolbil said they were clutching at straws. So 2 people said United are desperate so far. Desperation shouldnt be confused with prompting a decision from FIFA. Leaked Letter?a request for transfer signings and tournament embargoes? United have stepped it up. They are trying to force the hand of FIFA. and why not? not near as dishonourable as the shady dealings of Kenyon.
    Hobart wrote:
    Ridiculous?Some would say uniteds pathetic attempts to get Chelsea banned are ridiculous. Is this there only avenue to try and get then knocked out of a competition? I don't see the like of Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs/etc... calling for the sanctions on Chelsea. Only Manu.
    Thats their business. Chelsea are dealing with Man Utd now and United are standing their ground & maybe even beginning to fight back a bit, i'm sure mr parry and mr Dein would support United on this.
    Hobart wrote:
    Well then it's a flawed principle.
    As someone mentioned below, this guy is exceptionally talented. Is he not worth fighting for and trying to coherse into playing for us. He doesnt have loyalty to Chelsea. Would you see him begging to join chelsea when ken Bates ran the club?

Hobart wrote:
    See the "forced" bit? If he was forced, then the contract is null and void.

Forced yea ? If you honestly think that this is true, then this argument is over. I can see Gill there right now holding a gun to his head "Sign or i will shoot!" I should be praising Chelsea really for coming in and trying to save poor obi wan

June 2003: Mikel and the Nigerian under-17 team are invited to Carrington by United. Mikel trains with the United first team squad.
    - Spring 2004: Mikel fails to turn up to start his scholarship with United
    - Autumn 2004: Mikel joins Lyn Oslo on a youth contract
    - Chelsea pay £190k to TNG through Rune Hauge; Mikel and three other Nigerians join the school
    - 2005: Mikel trains with Chelsea in London while 'studying' at TNG school in Oslo
    - April 22nd 2005: Mikel turns 18 and signs a pro contract with Lyn
    - April 22nd-28th 2005: Lyn cancel contracts signed by Mikel as a minor
    - April 22nd-28th 2005: Chelsea enter negotiations for Mikel; the bid is turned down by Lyn amid accusations of "arrogance" on Chelsea's part
    - April 22nd-28th 2005: United make bid for Mikel, which is accepted
    - April 29th 2005: Mikel signs a professional contract with United; a beaming player is interviewed on TV, complete with number 21 United shirt

The Muppet wrote:
    Old news TBH , must be a slow news day at the Beeb.
    http://members.boards.ie/hobart/news.jpg

Must be a slow day for a lot of news agencies and outlets. This is not old news, why don't you read the thread title and try to add something of substance to the thread? :rolleyes:

RasTa wrote:
    Forced yea ? If you honestly think that this is true, then this argument is over. I can see Gill there right now holding a gun to his head "Sign or i will shoot!" I should be praising Chelsea really for coming in and trying to save poor obi wan
    Yea, ok your right. It's all lies. Where is that link to the Chelsea/Gerrard tapping up scandal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hobart wrote:
    http://members.boards.ie/hobart/news.jpg

Must be a slow day for a lot of news agencies and outlets. This is not old news, why don't you read the thread title and try to add something of substance to the thread? :rolleyes:

Seconds out, round 2!

Hobart wrote:
    I never said that the alleged forged contract was the one is dispute here. In fact the allegations of forgery only add to the mystery surrounding this player and his various goings on. As for Ronhaldinho, I have heard rumours etc.. so has everyone. Irrespective of those rumours it looks like he made the right move in the end.

i'd have to agree with you on ronaldinho, it looks like he made the right move.

Hobbart i dunno if you read what i posted on the first page but the facts speak for themselfes

June 2003: Mikel and the Nigerian under-17 team are invited to Carrington by United. Mikel trains with the United first team squad.
    - Chelsea pay £190k to TNG through Rune Hauge; Mikel and three other Nigerians join the school
    - 2005: Mikel trains with Chelsea in London while 'studying' at TNG school in Oslo
    - April 22nd-28th 2005: Chelsea enter negotiations for Mikel; the bid is turned down by Lyn amid accusations of "arrogance" on Chelsea's part
    - April 29th 2005: Mikel signs a professional contract with United; a beaming player is interviewed on TV, complete with number 21 United shirt

RasTa wrote:
    Hobbart i dunno if you read what i posted on the first page but the facts speak for themselfes

says it all he is a united player

RasTa wrote:

I read it ok. I am well aware of the goings on between this player and the various "stake holders" . That's not really what I was getting at in this thread tbh. Irrespective of whats happened in the past the following is true:

1) He does not want to play for Manu
    2) He is claiming shady goings on in various contrat negotiations
    3) He wants to play for chelsea
    4) Kenyon is involved
    5) United appear to be lobbying Fifa to have another team banned form competitions.

Chelsea's alleged behaviour affects all the premiiership teams not just Manu.

So what made him change his mind ? Do you think all players should be able to play for whatever team they want ? I think your only problem is United wanting Chelsea banned from comps because you are making no sense on the John situation.

Hobart wrote:
    I read it ok. I am well aware of the goings on between this player and the various "stake holders" . That's not really what I was getting at in this thread tbh. Irrespective of whats happened in the past the following is true:

1) He does not want to play for Manu
    2) He is claiming shady goings on in various contrat negotiations
    3) He wants to play for chelsea
    4) Kenyon is involved
    5) United appear to be lobbying Fifa to have another team banned form competitions.

Chelsea's alleged behaviour affects all the premiiership teams not just Manu.

he is contracted to united though fact is he should be playing 4 united kenyon is a snake probley told him he could get out of his contract, give him loads of money promised him the world to leave united like wat was promised to kenyon to f*** up the ronaldhino deal and move to chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It's old news in that it was part of the letter of complaint Manu and Lyn made to FIFA in May 2005, 8 months ago.

Even Chelsea's comment was that they won't comment on 8 months old news.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Was watching MUTV last night and they gave out a breaking news story that Chelsea had issued a stament about some leaked documents from either FIFA or Man U. Steve Boywer and Paddy Crerand also commented about this been released 8 months ago. I would more than likely think, because this player is now on view and also showing his true potential, Chelsea probably just wanted to let something out to say that they are still presunning him.

This is more that likely where BBC and the other media outfits picked up the story I would guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I ignore would ignore things quoted to a person too, but in a general response to the sillyness, the following things must be noted. It is old news, it is an 8 month old statement.

1. Mikel is one of the hottest prospects in football. He is behind Messi, and some argue he is up there with him, and he was just pulled down by Nigeria's team preformance. The guy is going to be one of the best players in the world, there is absolutely no way United can let him get away, and if they have to let him, they have to sell him for serious money, as he was bought for 6 million. (United spending 6 million on an 18 year old shows the quality this guy has)

2. The forged allegation, came out 5 months after the contract had been signed. I don't know about anyone else, but it seems to me that if it was forged, it would have been made public instantly?

3. Chelsea were not allowed have any contact with the player, and they know this. However Mikel has admitted, in an interview to bbc five live, that he has met Mourinho multiple times, trained with them, and recieved 140k in living expenses, all of which are highly illegal, something either Mikel knows and is doing it on purpose, or doens't know, and screwing over chelsea. This is not in relation to the Utd saga, this is before that. Chelsea are denying this completely, yet Mikel is saying it. One of them is lying, I'd put money on it being Kenyon who is.

4. Mikel signed a contract with United, and is legally bound to it. There is no evidence whatsoever to prove that he was coerced into signing it, and legally there is absolutely no case to stand on. If FIFA declare it void, which they really can't do, but if they do, United can sue FIFA, and will.

5. Lets look at the post contract situation. Lyn have 3 employees who have signed sworn affidavides(I've no idea how to spell that) that Mikel recieved threats. Mikel denys this. Why would Lyn do this? Why would three employees do this? There is no financial gain, cause if they are caught lying, they are convicted of purjury and are going to jail.

6. Mikel disappears for 3 weeks, and when he coimes back, him and ****tu, announce that he wants to play for Chelsea.

I recommend, if you want to see what Mikel first said after he signed, you read this. This is him talking on his own, without ****tu.
    http://nigeriasports.com/2302
    Nigeriasports-interesting build up to a big transfer to one of the biggest clubs in the world, I recall you first went for a youth trial at Man U, tell us about it.
    MJO-it was nice when I went there, everybody welcomed me and I stayed there for over 2 months, the manager was very nice to me. After that I went back to Nigeria and then I went to Chelsea stayed there for almost a year and things did not work out and I had to go to Man U again.

Nigeriasports.com-so how did they contact you and the sealing of the deal.
    MJO- well Man U officials have been visiting me secretly in Oslo and nobody new about it, it was nice and they kept asking me if I’m still interested in Chelsea and they kept pressing me and won my heart over Chelsea and then every thing happened so fast after that.

Nigeriasports.com-how did your teammates in Oslo take the deal?
    MJO-they took it in good faith, it could happen to any player at any time, football is time and it could happen to any player at any time, they celebrated with me and they also advised me, they were happy because we’ve been together for long. There is no problem, they are all happy with me.

Nigeriasports.com-no agent negotiated on your behalf and this rare in such a big deal to a big club.
    MJO-yeah, that’s they way it went, many agents are in touch with me and there is no one that has a complete hold of me that’s why I happened that way. But I am happy the way the transfer was handled despite the fact that Chelsea will be hurt.

Nigeriasports.com-if Chelsea had come earlier instead of waiting till the summer, would have gone to Stanford Bridge?
    MJO-ahhhhm, well may be, just may be. Chelsea is also a big club with big money and any player would love to play for them and they just won the premiership which is any players dream but all the same I am happy with my deal with Manchester united.

Nigeriasports.com-as it were you will be in Lyn Oslo till the end of the season, would have preferred to move to Manchester immediately?
    MJO-I have to wait and play with Lyn instead of moving immediately and training without a game, the rest of the season in Norway will help me get more experience and maturity while watching Manchester united games that’s why Man U officials told me to remain at Lyn Oslo, that is no problem, I am happy that I have to be here for this season and may be by December I will move and start playing for Manchester in January.

nigeriasports-Manchester has an array of super Stars like Roy Keane, Ruud Van Nistelroy, Ryan Giggs, Wayne Rooney and others, are you in any way scared to play with them?
    MJO-it’s a very nice thing and that’s what every football player wants, to play with such world stars like that, I am very happy to be going to play with them and it’s going to be fine. I hope to learn from them.

Nigeriasports.com-You were given jersey number 21, is there anything about the number for you?
    MJO-no, no, no there is nothing special about it but my manager at Lyn Oslo wore that number when he played at Old Trafford for Manchester United, may be he told them to give it to me and I am very happy to have it.

Nigeriasports.com-Isaac Promise, will he be joining you at Manchester United having gone for the youth trial with you previously?
    MJO-(hesitates) I do not know anything about that, I have not seen him for about 2-3 weeks now and I don’t know whether they have contacted him.
    Nigeriasports.com-ok, lets take you away from the Manchester United deal, are you happy with the Flying eagles are preparing for the World youth championships?
    MJO-yeah, I’m quite happy with trip to Germany and it gladdens my heart, this will be about the first time that will be happening for the Flying eagles and it is really nice for the home based players to go out there and garner enough experience and confidence ahead of the championships. It is good for the team and the coach too but they have to get to Germany on time to practice.

Nigeriasports.com-So when are you joining the team in Germany?
    MJO- The moment they get to Germany because we have been waiting for them but I can’t go without an invitation, my club got to get invitation from NFA before they could release me. Right now I have not gotten an invitation and I can not just leave my club like that.

Nigeriasports.com-what do you think about playing Brazil at the World youth Championships?
    MJO-I think we would do well playing Brazil, it’s no big deal playing them as long as we prepare well and the players know each other well enough since we are coming from different teams. That is why this Germany trip is good for the team and we have to practice real well. I am not scared about Brazil being in our group. We have to also play some friendly games. With that I think we are going to do well not just against Brazil but in the championship.

Nigeriasports.com-i understand there are about four Nigerians at Lyn Oslo including yourself, could you tell us about the others?
    MJO-they are all fine and we are all doing well and the club is happy with us.

Nigeriasports.com- You want to give us their names?
    MJO-ok, they are Chinedu Ogbuke, Bala Ezekiel and Emmanuel Seriki.

Nigeriasports.com-Yes, Emmanuel Seriki, we understand Chelsea is also interested in him you want to confirm this?
    MJO-yeah, he has been there and tried out with them before he was injured; he is still there receiving treatment. He has not been playing but he will be back soon and hopefully Chelsea will take him, he is a very good player.

Nigeriasports.com-ok Mikl John Obi, sensational Mikel John Obi I want to call you any message to your fans?
    MJO-yeah, ahhhhh I don’t know but help me to tell them that I appreciate them and I thanks them very much for being there for me and I wish them well just like they wish me, God bless them all.

Nigeriasports.com-Thank you very much Mikel, we hope to talk to you again in the nearest future.
    MJO-No problem Ralph, thanks a lot anytime,bye.

If Chelsea,

A. Were involved in the pre Utd dealings, of tapping him up, paying him money, meeting with him, then they should be dealt a transfer ban. This can lead to further compo bans, but only in serious circumstances. This without a doubt, will be proven to have happened imo. Whether they are dealt a transfer ban, I don't know.

B. If they are found guilty of kidnapping, threatening, or any sort of similar activity, they should be arrested and put in jail.

C. If they are found guilty of talking to Mikel, after while he under future contract to United, i.e. the period from when he signed until the period he disappeared, then they are guilty of tapping up a Utd player. This will result both FIFA and the FA acting. If the FA act, they will be deducted at least 3 points, as they already have that hanging over them. They could also recieve a transfer ban. If FIFA act, they could recieve a transfer ban, and could be banned from competitions.

United are right to seek a ban, and if Chelsea are found guilty of any of the 3, they should be severly punished. If they are not punished, and let away with it, I expect G14 to step in. Nobody in G14 likes them, especially United, but especially Barca, they will force FIFA to act.

I'm not actually that interested in the whole saga surrounding the various comings and goings wrt this transfer. My initial posting was in relation to United apparently lobbying Fifa to ban them from competitions. As everyone has said here (well nearly everyone) the story about contracts etc.. is very very old news. The Chelsea response and the fact that it appears that Manu are trying to influence a decision on something that Fifa have not ruled on, is a different topic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2005/05/19/sfnrow19.xml

As I said earlier old news. United reported Chelsea to FIFA 8 months ago. If Chelsea are found guilty they deserve to be punished , That's hardly surprising news.

The legality of Obi's contract with oslo was upheld in a recent court case in Norway, it too is old news and a non issue .

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/chelsea/article339771.ece

He is a United player until they decide to sell him , end of.

http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=5187&z=12

He looks happy enough to me .

The Muppet wrote:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2005/05/19/sfnrow19.xml

As I said earlier old news. United reported Chelsea to FIFA 8 months ago. If Chelsea are found guilty they deserve to be punished , That's hardly surprising news.
    Again, look at the title of the thread I started. I see no mention of Manu trying to get Chelsea banned from any competitions in the article you link to. In fact it's mostly speculation and conjecture.

The legality of Obi's contract with oslo was upheld in a recent court case in Norway, it too is old news and a non issue .

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/chelsea/article339771.ece

He is a United player until they decide to sell him , end of.
    Really? If it is "end off", why is he not currently in old trafford?

I seen a picture of Mark Bosnich smiling and holding a Manu jersey. He looked happy aswell, once. (That's if you remember him muppet)

Hobart wrote:
    Again, look at the title of the thread I started. I see no mention of Manu trying to get Chelsea banned from any competitions in the article you link to. In fact it's mostly speculation and conjecture

I see no mention Of United "Lobbying" Fifa in any of the articles you have linked to.

At least you have now conceded it's old news despite your earlier protestations.

You dont need to explain your reason for the Thread. everyone can see it's yet another attempt at trolling this forum.

Stick to the Horse Racing Hobart. You are now trolling. Close this pointless thread.

• Advertisement

Hobart, thanks for giving me something to do in work this morning. In all fairness you were probably trolling a bit but it was great entertainment.
    good man!

And the usual rabble get together. Touche lads, your doing yourselves proud!!

Well wtf are you waffling on about then ? We claim that Chelsea made illegal approach to one of our signed players. IF they did so (might i add we have lyn, Nigerian FA and PFA on our side) what should happen to them given that its not the first time they have being accused of doing this ?
    WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN TO THEM ?
    I'd say another fine would be justice enough.

The Muppet wrote:
    I see no mention Of United "Lobbying" Fifa in any of the articles you have linked to.
    "United want Fifa to consider imposing a transfer ban on the Blues as well as barring them from certain tournaments."
    At least you have now conceded it's old news despite your earlier protestations.
    I said no such thing.
    You dont need to explain your reason for the Thread. everyone can see it's yet another attempt at trolling this forum.
    I preume you reported me for breaking the charter so muppet?

Why don't you address my other questions so?

Hobart wrote:

no i'm serious, I'm not taking the p*ss, it killed a few hour for me on a quiet day. thats what forums are for

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

What about the reports that Chelsea had Obi Mikel play a game for them behind closed doors?

So a player legally under contract to one club is able to play for another club without sanction to either the player or other club? Hmmm why not just throw contracts away altogether?

This whole thing stinks to high heaven, and if Chelsea get away with this God only knows what they will try next. Maybe death threats on referees because they don't like his decisions! Oh wait. . . . OK how about getting his "agent" to kidnap him and deliver him to Stanford bridge. Oh wait that has happened as well.

Speaking as a United supporter I would support any other club if they were unlucky enough to be caught in the same kind of dispute. This type of behaviour is despicable and I would be against whatever club did this, even if it was United. But Chelsea are the ones so clearly in the wrong here. It's about principle rather than just trying to get one over on one particular team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Any team being proven to use underhanded methods such as these should get a severe punishment. This punishment should come wether or not another team asks about it.

If someone steals(or tries to) something from you, your going to ask that they get punished. I know id request/inquire as to what type of punishment they were going to get.

Hobart wrote:

Lol You're really losing it Bart. People disagree with you and you're off on the offensive.

RasTa wrote:
    Stick to the Horse Racing Hobart. You are now trolling. Close this pointless thread.

Your having a laugh aren't you. Horse racing, for a guy whose suppose to be a mod there, he spends more time posting on every other forum than the one he is a so called mod off. The last time he posted in that forum was something like the 18th of Jan. TBH I dont know how he can hold on to that mod status.

Aquos76 wrote:
    Your having a laugh aren't you. Horse racing, for a guy whose suppose to be a mod there, he spends more time posting on every other forum than the one he is a so called mod off. The last time he posted in that forum was something like the 18th of Jan. TBH I dont know how he can hold on to that mod status.

Another one joins the "usual Rabble".;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If you feed it, it just gets bigger.
    But the 18-year-old's lawyer said in a statement: "Mikel is very concerned United have failed to accept his decision as to where he wants to play.

"Nor have they entered into any sort of constructive dialogue to resolve this."

"Mikel is caught in the middle of a dispute between Manchester United and Chelsea. He is intent that that should change.

"To be able to achieve his footballing dreams, he demands that matters are resolved quickly between those interested in his future.

"He has already put himself in the hands of the footballing authorities. He calls upon them to intervene.

"Whatever agenda the respective football clubs involved in this dispute have, they must not be allowed to damage Mikel's career."

Whose shocked? :) They are now realising Utd aren't going to back down, and inturn are trying to plead to Utd's. Not a chance in hell Fergie and Gill are gona back down on this one though

The Muppet wrote:
    Another one joins the "usual Rabble".;)

Can you elaborate a little on that?

EDIT:Sorry Muppet, I have just read back a couple of posts and I can see where your coming from now.

Aquos76 wrote:
    I did'nt realise that a requirment of modding a board involved a certain level of posting on the same board. Oh.. hang on, wait....you don't know wtf you are talking about. Stop being an amateur troll.

The Muppet wrote:
    Lol You're really losing it Bart. People disagree with you and you're off on the offensive.
    Far from it muppet. Now maybe if you would actually address the actual questions and points I put to you, instead of spamming the thread with the usual inane yada yada, we could get a debate going.

PHB wrote:
    If you feed it, it just gets bigger.

LOL, True.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement