Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

windows XP home reinstall

• 31-01-2006 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭

i need to reinstall win xp on a persons computer and they dont have the installation disk - has anyone successfully reinstalled xp via a disk from one pc(mine) using the product key from another(hers). i have done this successfully with windows 98 but i have a feeling it might not be that simple with xp
    also my xp disk is an upgrade disk (from 98) - i dont think that makes a difference though

also contemplating which type of install to do - windows is running quite slow having been cleared of a ton of worms and spyware - i have run sfc and used a registry cleaner and defraged the registry - i cant think of anything else to do except reinstall windows. if it were my own pc i would do a format install as it pretty much guarantees a result and to be honest i havnt a lot of experience doing any other type - how do the other types of install fare out - if there were big gaps in the registry would a repair install fix them. there is a lot of data on the pc all over the place and i dont relish the idea of burning it all onto cd's

also had considered a paralell install because there are 2 hard drives

any experiences opinions etc welcome
    thanks

Advertisement