Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house: where's a good place to pick up boxes?

Options
  • 31-01-2006 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm moving house in a week or two and need to pick up some large cardboard boxes. Does anyone know of a good place to get some?

I tried my local Tesco, but they don't keep the boxes, so it's just what's on the floor at the moment. The girl in customer service was kind enough to keep a few boxes for me, but they're from fruit & veg, not very high.

They will do, but I still need some large boxes for bedlinen etc.

I have a car and can pick up :)

If anyone has any ideas they'd be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Maybe try one of the smaller sumpermarkets like centra or spar. I always find the Cuisine De France boxes good and strong. Most are delighted to get rid of them as it saves them having to dispose of them. Call in and if you get a friendly manager they will probably put them aside for you to collect later. Worked for me anyway.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Book shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 snatch

Do you know anyone that works in manufacturing? I used to work in a factory and they never objected to us taking a half a dozen boxes for this purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 daringthorpe

If you know of any printers they usually have some good deep sturdy boxes, they will be happy to give them to you

Advertisement