Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Videogame radio show

Options
  • 31-01-2006 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I do a videogame show on trinityfm (on the air and streamed online) and I've another slot this week if anyone wants to come on the show and chat about the latest games / their all-time favourites?

There is no money involved but if the mods see this as spam that's cool.

If anyone is interested just post here / pm me!

Au revoir :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I might take you up on that offer.

I used to do a video game show on the radio years ago... I've always been meaning to have another go at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

PM sent.

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i probably wouldn't find the time to go on and spout pure fanboyism onto the airwaves... but i'd certainly like to hear it. do you archive shows online at all?

The show is always recorded - I'll put it up as a podcast/mp3 if people are interested.

It'll be on live 2-4pm this Thursday on trinityfm.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

I'll put it up as a podcast/mp3 if people are interested.

yeah i'd defo check that out. maybe you could submit to the boards podcasts page (which has died an abrupt death of late)... though i'm not sure of the rules of such submission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

yeah i'd defo check that out. maybe you could submit to the boards podcasts page (which has died an abrupt death of late)... though i'm not sure of the rules of such submission.
    Should be a new Entertainment podcast coming soon.. I promise.

I'm in work on Thursday, so the only way I could contribute is via a phone link up if you can manage that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I'd be interested in checking out a podcast too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sounds like a great idea, I have texted into the Moncrief show on Newstalk 106 a couple of times that, along with the music, film, beer and wine reviews they should also review games, but to no avail, they probably think games ae either 1-Pacman/SpaceInvaders, or 2-pimpin' crack whore killin' simulators converting our nations young folk into Charles Manson wannabe's.
    I did a few bits years ago for Hot Press and for a CD based magazine, very enjoyable indeed.
    If I became a Videogame reviewer it would be for all the right reasons,
    to evangelise the cause of videogaming to the ignorant masses.
    to show those who play them already the sometimes fatal consequences for you taste if you buy a Fifa football game.
    to call those who like the random battles in Final Fantasy all the names they deserve.
    to ask the important questions, why didn't you buy XIII, BG&E, PoP, Ico, The Dreamcast, The 3DO, The Vitual Boy (its great, no headaches or nothing!)

And most importantly, to get lots and lots of free games!

Apparently it is possible to text and ring into the show - I'll find out the numbers when I go in but I'll be able to check the show's email so if you have any comments / game music requests (we have a lot of game music) the email is *gamebuzz at gmail dot com*

On the station's website (where you can listen live today) it says You can send us a message or request by texting 53377 starting your text with with the word 'TFM' so hopefully that number is working (the email definitely is)

Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

This show wont be on again after playing that song from Team America: World Police

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4810637736489583243&q=duke+nukem
    Trailer for Duke with plane in it crashing into building

• Advertisement
Advertisement