Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live food

• 31-01-2006 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere that sells live food in bullk? Locusts, crickets, wax worms etc.

Either online that will deliver to Dublin or a shop.

I'm buying small containers at €5 each at the moment, and now that my little reptile and turtle collection is growing in numbers the cost is adding up!!

In the future I hope to start my own colonies but at the moment that's not an option.

Any ideas?

PS, they have to be live, they wont eat anything that doesn't move! LOL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

ordering online is a WASTE we did that once & 90% of what arrived was dead or sooooooooooooooooo small they all escaped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Thanks, Mr P.

Have you used this company before? Are they any good?

I haven't yet but will be soon. It was recommended to me by Hellrazer.

MrP

Thats the one I used before - it was a real waste of time for me especially with the exchange rates. I hope you have better luck Mr P & Shelli. Costs a fortune to keep my beardies & skink happy, but has to be done! & then theres the extra for the frog & the gliders & the hogs.

• Advertisement

I was talking to the guy from Daves Jungle, you know Dave. He was saying that they will be starting to do mail order for live food. Might be worth checking out.

MrP

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

http://www.livecrickets.co.uk/productList.aspx?action=browse&CatID=58

Thats the crowd I use--Excellent service and I havent had a dead delivery yet.
    Mind you I dont order in the winter.As soon as March arrives Ill start ordering again.

Some of the companies won't ship to Ireland, because of too many complaints of dead deliveries. Others will cite that Royal Mail prohibits the posting of live foods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I'd ideally love to start a colony of lobster roaches but I need to find some way of supplying them with heat, I have no power supply in my shed at the moment and wouldn't have them in the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭PTL

What quantitys are bulk? I do work for someone who supplies alot of the pet shops in ireland, im not sure what his minimum order amount is but if its half way desent (i know it wont be anywhere near petshop quantity) but ill put in a good word for a fellow boards.ie member and see will he do you a favour ... PM me what ud be after and ill pass on the info to him and sure its worth a shot and at least u know ur not paying the massive postage and not getting dead stock haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement