Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scrapping

Options
  • 31-01-2006 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I want to get rid of my car, it's too battered for me to be bothered trying to do anything with it. Is there anything that I can do with it that won't cost me any money ?

Thanks.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Take any useful parts (lights, glass, etc) off of it and advertise them on ebay. this should fund the cost of getting it brought to the scrappie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Banjoseph wrote:
    I want to get rid of my car, it's too battered for me to be bothered trying to do anything with it. Is there anything that I can do with it that won't cost me any money ?

Thanks.....

Do ya live near a pier? :D

Or a halting site? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

What kind of car is it?
    and where's your location.
    I could probly take it off your hands.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

The council can take it away for €50...
    As was said take parts off and put on ebay to make up costs. Scrap yard charge for taking it and you have to tow it there yourself. Council just comes along and takes it, make sure you leave nothing in it as they will come anytime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

Contact your local car dismantler,he may even buy it from you!!

What is it BTW?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Banjoseph

It's 1995 mazda MX3. It's got alot of dents and would cost too much to get it to a state where it could pass the NCT. I suppose I could sell some parts of it. Thanks for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Stick in in the B&S for parts.
    You should get at least a couple of hundred for it...

Advertisement