Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

motors

Options
  • 31-01-2006 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi thinking of getting 98 nissan primera.cost 4300 does this sound ok.milaege 76.000

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

hi thinking of getting 98 nissan primera.cost 4300 does this sound ok.milaege 76.000

Probably better in the motors forum I would guess. More people would see it there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sounds very expensive to me for an eight year old Primera. A friend of mine was trading his 99 Primera with 70k miles and was only being allowed around €3,500 max for it as a trade-in.

I know what you pay for a car and what you get for it in trad-in are different but his one is a year younger than the one you are looking at so I think you should pay no more than €3,500 for it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Sounds the norm to me, have a look on www.cbg.ie . Get a mechanic to look over it, if all's well then try and haggle a few hundred of the asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I bought a '98 primera for €2,800 in 2004, granted it had 115k on the clock at the time but it was a turbo diesel. I sold it for €2300 just before christmas with 145k on the clock. To be honest, €4300 sounds expensive, but you should be looking at trouble free motoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sparks400 wrote:
    Sounds the norm to me, have a look on www.cbg.ie . Get a mechanic to look over it, if all's well then try and haggle a few hundred of the asking price.

I would treat prices on places like cbg.ie and carzone.ie with caution. These are generally dealer advertisments with inflated prices, then someone selling their car privately may see these prices and thinks they may get similar money.

I doubt a 98 Primera would make close to €4k in a private sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

from ros.ie, take with a pinch of salt but gives u the tradeish value

DATE: 31 January 2006 TIME: 13:58

STATISTICAL CODE: 40387654
    MAKE: NISSAN
    MODEL: PRIMERA 1.6 (From Sept. 1996)
    VERSION: GX 04DR / SALOON / MANUAL / PETROL ONLY /
    MILEAGE: 76000 MILES

The information requested in respect of the vehicle shown is indicated below.
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION(MM/YY): JANUARY 1998
    OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE:
    (applicable on enquiry date) €1322
    RATE OF TAX: 25.0%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €330

Advertisement