Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoothies

• 31-01-2006 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Like most people in dublin now, i have begun to love my smoothies and i dont want to have to treck all the way to dundrum or town to get one.

Yes i know if you want them at home you have to get a smoothie maker but by any chance does anyone know if you can just use a regular blender to make them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

I don't see why not! :p
    I'd say it would work ok for stuff like bananas and mangos, but might be trickier with berries or oranges.
    I'd give it a shot - throw some bananas, mangos, vanilla ice cream and honey in and see what happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

er.. what did people make smoothies with before smoothie makers were invented?

(answer: the blender!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Muckmagnet

daiixi wrote:
    er.. what did people make smoothies with before smoothie makers were invented?

(answer: the blender!)

really !!! i used a cheese grater and potato masher untill last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Be warned, they're not going to tastel ike Zumo or any other one and don't ask me why because myself and other people have tried but it's just not the same. Maybe you need to sprinkle 15 grams of MSG over the fruit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 trisha

Best smoothies i ever had where in Australia, Zumo aint got nothing on them! I’ve got a smoothie maker but a blender wud do the trick just as well.... Its all a big gimmick to get you to buy more stuff! Dont, Dont, dont believe the hype :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

A regular blender will do the job and if you have a hand-held attachment with it that will work particularly well with 'tough' fruit like apple or pear.

Advertisement