Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls on a night out - Slutty or no?

• 31-01-2006 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭EvilPixieOne

This is really one for the guys. Basically I'm wondering what girls would be wearing out that would make you go for them, and what would just scare you off. Like we all know guys like slutty girls, but what is just going too far, or is it never too far?
    I was out recently and there was a girl in a tiny mini and a bikini top who seemed to be doing alright for herself. I don't dress like that myself, but I've definatly noticed how much more attention I get when I'm wearing a miniskirt and a small top then when I'm just in jeans. Also would you consider girls in skirts easier?
    And for the girls, when you're on the pull how slutty do you go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 backflip

Ya thers no doubt that girls wearin skirts kust look more like they want something if you know what i mean? Wheras girls in jeans just look more like there covering up. So lads just approach girls in skirts more because they think teir chances of 'scoring' are higher.

I'd wear a long skirt or a short skirt yeah, but if it's short, with dark tights. And a top that isn't practically invisible. Did me well while going out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I rather girls covered up in a sexy way rather than girls semi-naked in a slutty way :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Both are fine tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i just love women..funny that most of my 1 nighters didn't involve a skirt (except this one time on halloween :p)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

If uve got it, by all means show it off.

But u really just have to find something that suits you well and go for it. If u have a nice figure try maybe tight jeans and a small top or something along those lines. And yes if you wear very skimpy clothes you are goin to get approached by more guys

P.S. Stay away from Ugg boots. No matter wat u think, they dont look good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I don't find slutty looking girls attractive whatsoever. They just look cheap and tacky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

Looking like a slut is a bad thing to do... maybe they are getting more male attention but it is the wrong kind of attention!!!
    If your wearing a short skirt DO NOT wear a skimpy top... wear something like a long sleeved one!! If your wearing a more revealing top wear trousers or jeans!!
    Oh and if you are a bit over weight or don't have nice legs... don't wear short skirts!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Doctor J wrote:
    I rather girls covered up in a sexy way rather than girls semi-naked in a slutty way :v:

I second that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

nick23 wrote:
    If uve got it, by all means show it off.

I'd agree.
    But add, tastefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I'd never go for a girl that looks really slutty, but some girls can wear boots and a skirt and look really well.

You can see a loudmouthed girl in jeans totally drunk trying to put it about and she can look ten times sluttier than a girl in a short skirt with a pair of boots who's sober and nicely spoken.

Give us some credit, will ya??? :) It's not all in the clothes (or lack of them)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

This is really one for the guys. Basically I'm wondering what girls would be wearing out that would make you go for them, and what would just scare you off. Like we all know guys like slutty girls, but what is just going too far, or is it never too far?
    I was out recently and there was a girl in a tiny mini and a bikini top who seemed to be doing alright for herself. I don't dress like that myself, but I've definatly noticed how much more attention I get when I'm wearing a miniskirt and a small top then when I'm just in jeans. Also would you consider girls in skirts easier? And for the girls, when you're on the pull how slutty do you go?

Theres a quick answer to this. it depends on what your looking for.
    Girl in the tiny mini/bikini top.. why wouldn't she 'be doing well for herself'?
    With regard to girls being easier when the wear skirts? not nessesarily. depends alot on skirt length. if you do have to go short, appropriate accessories maybe funky tights will help you pull of the look without being painted with the slut-brush.
    If you are going to show a bit of something, make it one or the other. little bit of leg or a little bit of boobs. not both together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

would a short skirt & baggy-ish short sleeved low (but not too low) cut top be acceptable as i am thinking of wearing something like that out this weekend?

oh & is dark grey and black good or a no-no?.

PlayGirl wrote:
    would a short skirt & baggy-ish short sleeved low (but not too low) cut top be acceptable as i am thinking of wearing something like that out this weekend?oh & is dark grey and black good or a no-no?.

Doesn't sound too bad of a mix playgirl, accessorise though.
    Dark grey and black mix you will find in Awear and Sasha at the moment, no they are fairly in. brighten make-up a little, lip gloss i'd go for here and again with the accessories, drop down earrings that look a little bling.
    If its the black/grey tops im thinking of I'd be in a decent black shoe with a heel.

Doesn't sound too bad of a mix playgirl, accessorise though.
    Dark grey and black mix you will find in Awear and Sasha at the moment, no they are fairly in. brighten make-up a little, lip gloss i'd go for here and again with the accessories, drop down earrings that look a little bling.
    If its the black/grey tops im thinking of I'd be in a decent black shoe with a heel.
    thanks much for advice.. the actual top isnt grey and black, its a grey top & i have to wear black shoes & use a black bag (maybe black leggins too) so was just worried that it would be too much black & then just a dark-grey top in the middle of it all!
    as for accessories i have silver jewelery & large diamond earrings but might borrow friends jewellery if it doesnt look right as i havnt tried it on yet!.

PlayGirl wrote:
    thanks much for advice.. the actual top isnt grey and black, its a grey top & i have to wear black shoes & use a black bag (maybe black leggins too) so was just worried that it would be too much black & then just a dark-grey top in the middle of it all! as for accessories i have silver jewelery & large diamond earrings but might borrow friends jewellery if it doesnt look right as i havnt tried it on yet!.
    The colours are quite dark, but once the jewellery, bag, shoes and makeup are right you will be fine. What is your hair colour? what style do you think you will be going for?

The colours are quite dark, but once the jewellery, bag, shoes and makeup are right you will be fine. What is your hair colour? what style do you think you will be going for?
    hair=chestnut brown
    style=down & straight (few inches beyond shoulder, layered all over to middle of ear)
    makeup=netural foundation, shimmery lipgloss, black eyeliner, gey/silver eyeshadow (getting a bit darker towards outside if eyelid)..

think that answers all of your questions!,

PlayGirl wrote:
    hair=chestnut brown
    style=down & straight (few inches beyond shoulder, layered all over to middle of ear)makeup=netural foundation, shimmery lipgloss, black eyeliner, gey/silver eyeshadow (getting a bit darker towards outside if eyelid)..
    think that answers all of your questions!,

The down description is good, if you fancied putting it up I think you could get away with a - half up look with an 80's touch to it.

Sounds good ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭CmX

Just have to butt in there.
    seen somebody mentioning leggins.....eugh......

Eh, on the tasteful vs slut argument I'd say go with tasteful and when ya know the guy dress up slutty for him in private.
    know what I mean?

CmX wrote:
    Just have to butt in there.
    seen somebody mentioning leggins.....eugh......

I'm sure she meant the latest styles in legging's as opposed to the actual 80's version equipped with under-foot strap..

Some of them that are out now are nice, I seen a nice black pair with lace detail. I'm pretty sure I seen some of the maniquins wearing leggings with a skirt over them. Not my cup of tea tbh, I cant do most style fads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Zebra3 wrote:
    I'd never go for a girl that looks really slutty, but some girls can wear boots and a skirt and look really well.

You can see a loudmouthed girl in jeans totally drunk trying to put it about and she can look ten times sluttier than a girl in a short skirt with a pair of boots who's sober and nicely spoken.

Give us some credit, will ya??? :) It's not all in the clothes (or lack of them)!

Zebra you are right. I often go out wearing a short skirt with boots or heels (im tiny so its the only way to look like i have long legs!) short skirts suit me, long ones to the ground suits me anything mid length looks awful. If I go out in a mini skirt and heels it doesnt make me a slut. Its how you act not what you wear. It definatley doesnt mean guys are more likely to score with me and my boyf is the only one who gets to take me home!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Like we all know guys like slutty girls.
    A lot of us don't, like me. Turns me off them pretty damn fast. I would like a girl to be wearing something decent...
    Also would you consider girls in skirts easier?
    miniskirt, tacky yoke?
    yes, yes i would.

Now that is a real man, go Tar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Also would you consider girls in skirts easier?

It would be the general assumption, but it doesnt mean its true. One of my friends is 5'11[stunner] with legs you only have dreamt about. She also visits the gym twice a week and only devours a chance to show off her legs.
    I know she has only ever slept with long term boyfriends. You can make all the slutty assumptions you want about her but she is anything but.

rb_ie wrote:
    I don't find slutty looking girls attractive whatsoever. They just look cheap and tacky.

The 'cheap' and the 'tack' is the attractive bit. Instant gratification.

A lot of us don't, like me. Turns me off them pretty damn fast. I would like a girl to be wearing something decent...

So let me get this straight here. A girl wearing a mini skirt is a turn off for yourself? Honestly i find that hard to believe.
    miniskirt, tacky yoke?
    yes, yes i would.

What a girl wears does not determine what she is[although you are entitled to make your assumptions], how she conducts herself does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You can't beat a greyhound skirt on a girl with a nice pair of legs.;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

chern0byl wrote:
    The 'cheap' and the 'tack' is the attractive bit. Instant gratification.
    Pff, clearly not to some people. Not interested.

So let me get this straight here. A girl wearing a mini skirt is a turn off for yourself? Honestly i find that hard to believe.
    Yes, well it's true, does nothing for me, apart from lead me away from that girl to one that is actually dressed well. I'm sick and tired of those mini skirt caked makeup girls,with added optional tangoation, blergh. Not that I ever gave them the tme of day...
    It gives me a very bad impression of what that girl is like(yes they are not all like that or this --->). I just seem to like somebody different from the personalities I encounter wearing those clothes.
    What a girl wears does not determine what she is[although you are entitled to make your assumptions], how she conducts herself does.
    What she wears is a way of conducting herself. It seems to lower my respect for the girl, just my opinion.

Now that is a real man, go Tar.
    Rawr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

I have only a small bit of interest in countering what ya said above, but shur agree to disagree.

'What she wears is a way of conducting herself' <---- Not at all. The vast and i mean the vast majority of girls i have had a one nighter with .....actually i cant remember....generally pisshed.

coherency???
    Namby-pamby...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Ok.. to summarize, slightly off topic..
    No matter how good-looking the girl is..
    ugg boots; leggings; tights
    and any combination of the above:

***NOT ATTRACTIVE***....

EVER.

However, I do find a girl with short skirt and who has decent legs attractive.
    But the legs cannot be skinny and pale..they need a little bit of meat, but not fat :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

Do you think it comes down to the fundamental difference between 'sexy' and 'sex'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

dawballz wrote:
    Ok.. to summarize, slightly off topic..
    No matter how good-looking the girl is..
    ugg boots; leggings; tights
    and any combination of the above:

***NOT ATTRACTIVE***....

EVER.

However, I do find a girl with short skirt and who has decent legs attractive.
    But the legs cannot be skinny and pale..they need a little bit of meat, but not fat :D:D:D

Actually, sheer, semi transparent tights can be very sexy I think..

What's wrong with tights? As long as they're not those stupid diamond ones... o.o
    Sometimes I wear a short dark skirt (only short one I have) and I wouldn't wear it without my black tights!

Advertisement