Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number plate nicked!!

• 31-01-2006 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Well, I'm assuming it was nicked as I didn't hit anything and it would've taken some force to take it off. Anyway, I need a new one - can I just go to a signs shop somewhere in Dublin and have one made up? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Preferably in the city centre. I think there's one on Bachelors Walk, but I'm not sure.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭themessiah

Firstly report it to the Gardas as it will help you in the long run as I would presume you will get a knock on the door next week saying how come your bike was involved in a bank job or has 50 outstanding speeding fines . Standard procedure for criminals to nick the numberplates , then put them to a similar bike and thats were the funs starts . Any chance its a very common bike or a very powerful bike???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It's not that common or fast, just a 90cc moped, but I see what you're saying. I think I'll stick my head into Pearse St station today just in case. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ecodub

You can get numberplates in most motor factors or motorcycle shops, to get one near city centre, the closest I can think of is Mountjoy Motorcycles on Blessington street in da n/side and Nolan's in the Coombe on da s/side

You mention Pearse St, there is a motorcycle shop in Pearse St on the way to Ringsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭akn

SuprSi wrote:
    It's not that common or fast, just a 90cc moped, but I see what you're saying. I think I'll stick my head into Pearse St station today just in case. Thanks!

This is a common enough thing to happen, the first chap is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I had my number plate robbed of my first bike outside my office back in 2001. It was a Suzuki Marauder 125 and a couple of weeks later I got a speeding ticket for doing 65 mph in a 40 zone.

I rang the fines office up and explained to them that it wasn't me. The guy on the phone told me that a 125 could easily do 65 and I said mine can't. I told him that mine could definitly not do 65 as it was in several peices in my back yard as I crashed it weeks previous.

They checked the photo's from the camera and it was a different bike altogether !!! :confused:

So the moral of the story is , if you loose or get your plate robbed report it straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Do what Messiah & K-Tric said and report it immeadiately.

Whoever stole it didn't do it coz they liked the number you had, they did probably to put onto a bike that'll be used for speeding or a robbery of some sort.

Advertisement