Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seting up a 2 pc ad-hoc wireless network

Options
  • 31-01-2006 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I have 2 computers, desktop and wireless laptop. I have installed a wireless card in the desktop and I wish to set up an ad-hoc wireless network.

I have managed to get the 2 machines to connect and share the internet connection by enabling ICS. That works great.

Problem is that I cannot share files and the printer on the main pc with the laptop or vice versa. I have done everything in the wizards but to no avail.

Desktop is win xp pro and lappy is win xp home, both SP2.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

did you turn on allow file and printer sharing in the windows firewall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yes I have done that. I turned off windows firewall as it would not allow ICS to work whilst it was in place. Both PCs have their own firewall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Bump, Still not working. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Hi Bond. Tried much the same myself with laptop and PC, but only ended up wishing I could choke that flam'in Wizard !!. Anyway, this site got me there in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Try this old famous networking site.

http://www.wown.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement