Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magic Mushrooms have just been made Illegal in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

Akrasia wrote:
    In the last half hour, Nature has been criminalised on the emerald Isle, the Nanny state has decreed that they are too dangerous for us idiot citizens, perhaps we should all go out and play hurling or go mountaineering or go for a nice healthy walk even though those wholesome activities have killed and injured more people than magic mushrooms ever have.

Thank god is all I say. Magic Mushrooms are a dangerous substance and people have already died from taking them. Young people shouldnt have easy access to narcotics.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Ag marbh wrote:
    On the other hand, I'll enjoy growing more potent ones(Columbian) from a kit again and selling them at double the price because I can.
    Outside school gates I bet....YOU MONSTER!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Quick Question; has anyone ever actually died from taking them (besides the idiots that pick the wrong ones) or is it just deaths that occoured under the influence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Outside school gates I bet....YOU MONSTER!!!

Ah no, I wil grow more potent ones(Columbian) and sell the amongst people I know for a fair price.

flogen wrote:
    Quick Question; has anyone ever actually died from taking them (besides the idiots that pick the wrong ones) or is it just deaths that occoured under the influence?

No recorded death from mushrooms,cannabis or acid other than like you said people acting the bollox while on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Maskhadov wrote:
    Thank god is all I say. Magic Mushrooms are a dangerous substance and people have already died from taking them. Young people shouldnt have easy access to narcotics.

They have easy access to narcotics anyway. Those places are called the pub, the offie, the chemist and the local field. Banning mushrooms won't stop people going out and possibly picking poisonous ones. It's a bit hypocritical of the Government to ban them when fags kill waaay more people every year and cost the health service millions. Why don't they ban them? REVENUE! It's a nice handy earner for the Government. IMO stuff like cannabis and mushrooms should be available to adults if they want them because otherwise people like John Gilligan who made most of his cash from cannabis, will control the trade and people WILL die. BTW I've said it already I'm not into drugs but if people want to do it, you're not going to be able to stop them.

Maskhadov wrote:

Would you get out of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

ah lads give up on the legal system, democracy doesnt work, shock tactics, blowing things out of proportion and fake statistics rule. **** democracy! it sucks donkeyballs same as every other system of government out there! hope it falls soon :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Maskhadov wrote:
    The man who jumped out the window was 30, other than him, there have been no recorded cases of deaths from the consumption of magic mushrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭PTL

Its a sad sad day for ireland, can anyone on the boards that actually voted for the owlfella and the cookie monster to get into power put up your hands to be shot.

And anyone who says ... good im glad there banned ... how many people do you know PERSONALLY has had there lives ruined over magic mushrooms? ok now how many people do you know PERSONALLY that has had there life ruined by drink? alcoholic or deseases or taken advantage of or beaten up? you probably know one from each catigory.

Ok what next? do we wait to see what the law is and hopefully there will be a way for responsible people to still enjoy there hobbie(some people enjoy growing them just as much as taking them) or is there anyway to fight this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

ah lads give up on the legal system, democracy doesnt work, shock tactics, blowing things out of proportion and fake statistics rule. **** democracy! it sucks donkeyballs same as every other system of government out there! hope it falls soon :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    I don't remember reading or hearing about any democratic vote on the issue. Although I'm sure if there had been it would have been the same result, unforunitly.

PTL wrote:
    Its a sad sad day for ireland, can anyone on the boards that actually voted for the owlfella and the cookie monster to get into power put up your hands to be shot.

And anyone who says ... good im glad there banned ... how many people do you know PERSONALLY has had there lives ruined over magic mushrooms? ok now how many people do you know PERSONALLY that has had there life ruined by drink? alcoholic or deseases or taken advantage of or beaten up? you probably know one from each catigory.

Ok what next? do we wait to see what the law is and hopefully there will be a way for responsible people to still enjoy there hobbie(some people enjoy growing them just as much as taking them) or is there anyway to fight this?

My cousins best friend ruined his life and his families life. He just couldnt stop injecting those mushrooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Jeez, what a pack of morons posting here. Alcohol and tobaco make millions for the government. The sale of mushies doesn't earn them that much. As for the spas who say they grow wild, no, they don't. And if you don't know this then you should take some and fly off a balcony. As for saying that it will push them into the hands of drug dealers, complete bollocks again. No dealer is going to waste his time with a drug like this. LSD isn't even easily available anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Maybe the Tanaiste will ban cactus while she is at it! What an incompetent politician we have here.

The computer scandal is long forgotten as will be the trolley farce. I had the displeasure of visiting a niece in Beaumont who had spent a dy/night on a chair in the A&E. Seeing this firsthand was a shock! That Tanaiste lady was in the establishment trying to counter the nurses postcard scheme. If those politicians did the job they were supposed to be doing we might have a decent healt service, less gangsters and a healthier economy.

So the mushrooms will provide a smokescreen for the scams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

FX Meister wrote:
    Jeez, what a pack of morons posting here. As for the spas who say they grow wild, no, they don't. And if you don't know this then you should take some and fly off a balcony.

Do you have any clue what your talking about. Of course they grow wild.

FX Meister wrote:
    Jeez, what a pack of morons posting here. Alcohol and tobaco make millions for the government. The sale of mushies doesn't earn them that much. As for the spas who say they grow wild, no, they don't. And if you don't know this then you should take some and fly off a balcony. As for saying that it will push them into the hands of drug dealers, complete bollocks again. No dealer is going to waste his time with a drug like this. LSD isn't even easily available anymore.
    They do grow wild! When they are difficult to get the price will go up. Dealers will waste any amount of time making money wherever they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Goodshape wrote:
    I don't remember reading or hearing about any democratic vote on the issue. Although I'm sure if there had been it would have been the same result, unforunitly.
    Don't try to use big words you cannot spell to make yourself seem smarter than you really are.

FX Meister wrote:
    Jeez, what a pack of morons posting here. Alcohol and tobaco make millions for the government. The sale of mushies doesn't earn them that much.
    So it's down to them not getting money, rather than for the benifit of the public, that they were made illegal. The makes me feel better alright. God bless our capitalist overlords.
    As for the spas who say they grow wild, no, they don't. And if you don't know this then you should take some and fly off a balcony.
    Um, yes they most certainly do. I have picked them, I have eaten them, I have had a hell of a good time as a result. Irish mushrooms are among the best in the world. Come september all you need to do is find the right field... and try not to pick the ones that will kill you. Only real difference of them being available in the shop is a wider variety, a more regulated dose and no risk of getting the wrong ones.

FX Meister wrote:
    Don't try to use big words you cannot spell to make yourself seem smarter than you really are.

Off topic!!!:mad:

FX Meister wrote:
    That's a good point, I can clearly see how it furthers your argument alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

FX Meister wrote:
    Do both of us a favour and either address the actual point or don't bother. Attacking someone's spelling instead of addressing their point is a waste of my time and probably yours.

In the meantime you can take a week's holiday from the forum for doing almost nothing but abusing people in your last two posts. My time is worth more than nothing.

liberty caps are native to ireland and can be found basically anywhere, most of the golf courses i play on have them growing wild on them, its almost hard to find a field that doesnt have them haha. there are one or two other species that grow wild but not as common.

I know england has been trying to fight the ruling so maybe them guys can help ireland out?

FX Meister wrote:

Mushrooms do grow wild. They are called liberty caps and are really small. It appears the angle you're going at for dealers not selling LSD anymore is because people aren't into that sort of thing well no this is wrong.

PS - I can still obtain LSD regularly.

Goodshape wrote:
    Irish mushrooms are among the best in the world.

This is simply not true. Liberty caps grow in many countries and are not even close to the best you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

1.none of you seem to have any idea of the long term psychological effects of psylocibin and other psychoactive substances found in hallucinogenic mushrooms and cacti etc.

2.the 'they grow naturally' reasoning doesn't stand up as so does heroin.

3. The actual neurological, psychological and physiological effects are still not very well researched, and hence the governmnent cannot reasonably permit the sale of said substances.

On a personal level, i think this is a long time coming.
    I have on many times taking mushrooms and i was fine with them. However i have seen some pretty horrendous things caused by them to people close to me.
    I'm no fan of mrs. harney myself. the idea of a minister for health who is morbidly obese is pretty laughable!
    If the state could research, then make a decision, then strictly regulate the sale etc. then we'd be going somewhere.

But in fairness, you cannot expect the government to allow the sale and distribution of magic mushrooms.

And it's quite obvious that when people with the intellectual maturity of catsmokinpot are involved in the debate, the pro-drugs side of the debate is never really going to be taken seriously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

wow i'm surprised at that especially since the governemnt were so intrinsically linked in with them,
    sure they use the mushroom method for running the country, keep us in the dark and feed us bull****.

jtsuited wrote:
    1.none of you seem to have any idea of the long term psychological effects of psylocibin and other psychoactive substances found in hallucinogenic mushrooms and cacti etc.

2.the 'they grow naturally' reasoning doesn't stand up as so does heroin.

3. The actual neurological, psychological and physiological effects are still not very well researched, and hence the governmnent cannot reasonably permit the sale of said substances.

On a personal level, i think this is a long time coming.
    I have on many times taking mushrooms and i was fine with them. However i have seen some pretty horrendous things caused by them to people close to me.
    I'm no fan of mrs. harney myself. the idea of a minister for health who is morbidly obese is pretty laughable!
    If the state could research, then make a decision, then strictly regulate the sale etc. then we'd be going somewhere.

But in fairness, you cannot expect the government to allow the sale and distribution of magic mushrooms.

And it's quite obvious that when people with the intellectual maturity of catsmokinpot are involved in the debate, the pro-drugs side of the debate is never really going to be taken seriously!

1. Noone is going to get addicted to mushrooms. Long term side effects occur in many over the counter products.

2.Heroin doesn't grow naturally but the plant that it can be made from does so thats wrong.

3.I think thats questionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Based on the fact that if only about 40% of the electorate turn up to vote, if you persuded every non-voting 18-35 to vote for a single party then that party would get into government.

You know what? If someone came up with a "legalise-cannabis" party, put a candidate in every constituancy, I'd reckon that party would have a very good chance of getting into government!

Yes I know about Ming-the-Merciless, don't make me laugh.

lol @ the "liberal" "progressive" "democrats"

<expects 5000% rise in number of people taken into hospital for consuming toxic mushrooms/ cow ****e>

<expects enforcement of this law to have a far higher cost on society than keeping things the way they were>

<would like to (js) mill helen lovejoy in the back of the head with a large book/rock>

• Advertisement

Well enlighten me then, from your post you seem like you know your stuff and not just one of those anti-drugs person cause uve too much time and no job. Mushrooms can **** up your mind something terrible ... but within 12 hours 90% of the mushroom is urinated out and then within 2-3 days its all gone so any damage that is left is caused by your own mind ... and thats why mushrooms are good cause you are able to actually study your own mind, how it works and once you return to reality you can change certain things in your life that you wernt able to before.

If you have mental health issues its not good for you but just as mush as alcohol. And yea theres no way i could have seen the government making the sale legal and collecting tax from the sales because everything the government does is to please the 40+ age bracket cause there the ones who vote.

Sure jesus look at the way were going last year the government tried to close all pubs and offos on PADDYS DAY!!!!! the international day of drinking!

We should change our slogans ... come visit ireland, the biggest nanny nation in the world

Advertisement