Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good sites for HD clips?

• 31-01-2006 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any good sites for HD clips other than hdclips or Divx or WMV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

Thanks but any other ones ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

apple have a good few HD trailers in Qucktime format

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Nero has some as well in MPEG-4 AVC format [H.264] ones in the Cinema or HDTV profile are using HDTV resolutions. Use the ffdshow decoder with H.264 support to play them back in Windows Media Player instead of using Neros own player or Quicktime which is rubbish under Windows anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

http://www.highdefforum.com/showthread.php?t=6537

and i was going to say www.hdclips.net, but i think the site is dead now, they were the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

8T8 wrote:
    Nero has some as well in MPEG-4 AVC format [H.264] ones in the Cinema or HDTV profile are using HDTV resolutions. Use the ffdshow decoder with H.264 support to play them back in Windows Media Player instead of using Neros own player or Quicktime which is rubbish under Windows anyway.

8T8

Downloaded ffdshow but how do I integrate it into WMP10?? Tried playing some of the TS files amd avc files through VLC but video would keep on crapping out. 3.4P4 850XTPE and 2 gigs of Ram so PC should be able to handle these files I would have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

yeah those .ts files are heavy users, i tried even videolan and it still craped out, it was a sky HD test from around 2 years ago, the BBC HD transport streams seem to be easier to handle than skys, id say sky was using a very heavy bitrate.
    Tested on a amd64 with 3gb of ram, and still choppy especially when it came to the monsters scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Calibos wrote:
    8T8

Downloaded ffdshow but how do I integrate it into WMP10?? Tried playing some of the TS files amd avc files through VLC but video would keep on crapping out. 3.4P4 850XTPE and 2 gigs of Ram so PC should be able to handle these files I would have thought.

Be sure to tick the box for H.264 support when installing if not then go into the video decoder configuration in ffdshows program group and set H264 to libavcodec to enable support for it.

Also make sure Haalis media splitter is installed this is a parser that allows the media player to decode MP3 and AAC audio tracks that are present in MP4 files. Finally be certain the movie actually uses the mp4 extension and ignore WMP complaints about not knowing this file type & it should play the file with no problems.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Wolff,

You have PM................

The Ritz.

• Advertisement
Advertisement