Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matching Woods !!!! Please Help

Options
  • 31-01-2006 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi All

I'm in a predicament and wondering if ye could help. We're looking at internal doors, skirts and architraves at the mo and I'm demented about trying to match everything.

I have my heart set on a walnut kitchen, but will a solid oak door look terrible?

I want walnut floors on the hall, sitting and dining room but what types of doors, skirts and architraves will I have?

I didn't really want to go down the painting skirts and architraves route as it would be timeconsuming and messy! Any opinions

Also in a predicament with the stairs - was going for oak - would this look stupid with walnut floors!

PLEASE HELP!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I wouldn't try to match anything else with walnut..its dark enough as it is.
    You can't go wrong by keeping your doors, etc neutral with clear varnish

Advertisement