Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jesus...

Options
  • 31-01-2006 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Alright heads..
    Just back from a holiday in Tenerife. and my head is spinning.
    I've always known that this country is a rip off.
    But i never really cared..going off for lunch everyday paying between 7 and 12 euro....
    Always wondering what i spend 500 euro on every week with nothing to show

right now i've never been so angry at this country...
    i tried to go out for dinner with someone last week..but it went to ****...
    The thought that i was gonna pay roughly 40euro for 2 meals and possibly another 20 for drinks....made my face turn to acid.
    When compared to the fact that i was paying 25 euro 1 week ago...for the same.

Not just that...what with all these anti-clamper conversations you hear on every street corner...clampers setting out at half 8 every night to get as many vehicles as they can...when the compound closes at 9....leaving bar/restaurant workers everywhere paying for a taxi home..and back the next day..plus 160 to get the car back.
    Insurance....I recently paid 2,000 euro for insurance on my bike...and I'm 25.
    i could put in the effort and go on and on about the state of things..but ye know the craic

Since then i've actually been making my own lunches ...smoking 50g packs of Drum....etc etc

In my own not very intelligent opinion...none of this is gonne change.
    The only way it possibly ever could is if we all do the same...stock up with fruit n veg and wheat n stuff....give none of the bastards our money.
    recycle absolutely everything instead of paying bin charges.
    blah blah...

we really need to stop taking it....and just stop spending money.
    it will **** up everything probably...but at this stage we realise all the activism in the country ain't gonna do it

rant over
    head is wrecked
    what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Move or stand for election. There's precious few other options.

If you think it's bad after getting back from Tenerift, never go to Andorra....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

rest of this discussion has been moved to the Mijag forum on by request of HelterSkelter!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054883633

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

LFCFan wrote:
    rest of this discussion has been moved to the Mijag forum on by request of HelterSkelter!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054883633
    Good stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I felt depressed when I came home from the Canary Islands too, Simple matter just simply don't vote either Fianna Fail or the Pd's everything that is wrong here is there fault and all they do is make things worse. Well at least we still got freedom of expression.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

netwhizkid wrote:
    I felt depressed when I came home from the Canary Islands too, Simple matter just simply don't vote either Fianna Fail or the Pd's everything that is wrong here is there fault and all they do is make things worse. Well at least we still got freedom of expression.

In fairness do you think any other politicxal party will do any better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

gillo wrote:
    In fairness do you think any other politicxal party will do any better.

Do you honestly think anyone could be more incompetant that FF/Pds? They are actaully making Dubya look good they are so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Does anyone know the national average wage in tenerife?

Oh and http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=305543

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Stekelly wrote:
    Does anyone know the national average wage in tenerife?

Oh and http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=305543
    The minimum wage in tenerife is about 520 a month. The minimum wage here will get you €300 a week. So before you start moaning about how everything costs so much, think back a few years when the minimum wage was lower.. and everything else was lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

the_syco wrote:
    The minimum wage in tenerife is about 520 a month. The minimum wage here will get you €300 a week. So before you start moaning about how everything costs so much, think back a few years when the minimum wage was lower.. and everything else was lower.

????? chillax. I was making the point that they earn less than us so prices will be lower as a result.

Advertisement