Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

so unfair....

• 31-01-2006 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

In July last year I bought a sagem myc52 off a friend of a friend of a friend- anyway basically i could not send texts or make calls on it- and i tried 3 sims in it. I tried to contact the guy i got it off and it turns out he had left the country

anyway i called customer care and it turns out the phone was stolen and the original owner had blocked the phone- however they said there was nothing they can do to help me- they wouldnt unblock it for me- and i asked could they contact the orginal owner(oboviously registered) and inform her of the situation- and they refused

I spent 60 euro on that phone and its just sitting in a drawer now and cant be used
    I think its unfair that customer care didnt bother helping me

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

What exactly do you want them to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

BuffyBot wrote:
    What exactly do you want them to do?
    either unlock the phone for me or contact the orginal owner for me because its unfair theres nothing they can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Sadly this is the only way to stop people dealing in stolen property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This is why we don't buy stuff off dodgey "Friends of Friends", kids. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

We all make mistakes. Today it was your turn. You have got yourself in a spot, probably in all innocence, why don't you stick up a post in the wanted forum and see if someone can help you out with a cheap phone? Who knows someone might offer you a freebie if you pick it up or cover p&p costs?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement