Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

60gb recomendations

• 31-01-2006 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

I have a 20gb ipod which I'm quite happy with, however, I'm going to be moving house this year which means the oul cd's will be boxed up for a while so I need to get something with a bigger capacity.

I know of the 60gb ipod but has anybody any experience of anything else, the Toshiba Gigabeat, for example, or any other recommendations?

Ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

The 60 GB ipod is sitting here beside me, and we love our lives together. i dont think i need to sell ipods to you if you already have one, but this could also hold all your photos! and plays videos...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Thanks, I'm quite pleased with my one. I'm not bothered by the pictures or video aspect, I have over 60gb worth of cds that are going to be inaccessable for a while so I want to make sure I don't get withdrawal symptoms :v:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

ive got a creative zen xtra, old and brick shaped so you should be able to pick one up cheap. and they are a joy to use, menu trees make sense and i love it so. tis 60Gb

Thanks, it seems to have been discontinued though, I can't find any for sale.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

might be able to get cheap one second hand if its only an interim thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

How about one of these? Best brand of MP3 player available, in all fairness...

(Oh, I'm so predictable...)

I read a few reviews which said the menu system was ****e
    can't browse by artist, album, or genre

Plus I find it odd that the 60gb model isn't mentioned anywhere on their site :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Doctor J wrote:
    I read a few reviews which said the menu system was ****e
    Yeah it doesnt support id3 tag databases (at least not yet). Instead it uses a filetree system, which IMO is better. What way do you organise your music on your computer? If you have it in a Artist\Album folder format then you should have no problems.

PS I think those reviews were written by Steve Jobbs :v:

It's all in an itunes folder. I don't use the PC to listen to music at all, I just got the ipod cos my trusty minidisc player was dying slowly.

Edit -> Also, is there any way to normalise the volume or program in volume changes, depending on the level of the cd the files were sourced from? I can do it in Itunes so everything is near enough the same volume and there aren't any unpleasant jumps or drops in volume from one album to the next.

Doctor J wrote:
    It's all in an itunes folder. I don't use the PC to listen to music at all, I just got the ipod cos my trusty minidisc player was dying slowly.
    Not familiar with iTunes. Does it just dump all the tracks in one folder? If so then you'd have a fair bit of sorting to do to organise 60gigs of music into a filetree system.

Edit
    Although there may well be applications that'll do all the leg work for you! I use one to organise all my tags, dunno if it's capable of organising them into folders though. Will check.

• Advertisement

There's a couple of apps on this page that should do the trick. Try The Godfather first. Haven't used it myself but I've seen ti reccommended plenty of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

If you using an iPod just get another. Not worth the grief to transfer your iTunes library, playlists etc to another player.

That's exactly what I did yesterday, picked up a 60gb Ipod video. Very impressed with it so far, I must say.

Thanks for everyone's input :)

Advertisement