Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no results til February 25th!

Options
  • 31-01-2006 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

we were told this today be a lecturer, whats up with that!
    This could just be Kevin St. Did anybody else get their results?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

we were told that too. i think its all round dit, because of the new system i'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

because of the new system

:eek: dit has a "system"?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Our maths lecturer told us she we will get them next week, and our physics lecturer already gave them to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

i got my results today....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

:eek: dit has a "system"?

apparently..lol :D

i think its that new semesterisation crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Got all of my results on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

Spoke to the exams office about this a couple of days ago. Apparently the results for most of the exams won't be out until February 25th AT THE EARLIEST and even then only online. Considering the fact that the exam board has met and the results are pretty much finalised so all it takes is someone hitting the print button and sticking them up on a board but that's far too easy to be of any use in DIT. It just supports the view of DIT I've formed over the last couple of years, F*****G FARCE.

The whole situation is a joke, nobody tells anyone anything especially when it involves changing something. I can see the benefits of semesterisation but they really ballsed up the implementation, does anyone in the school of computer remember the "review" week that was changed two days before it was supposed to happen and without actually informing any of the lecturers.

Couldn't organise a knees up in a brewery I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Yeah, DIT is already making me a tad fed up with it's complete lack of proper communications. Our class have a class based entirely on continous assessment, and in the course book it said we had to had up an assignment in December, but we were told we didn't have to til later in the year. Then when we get in on Monday we were told that the deadline was the previous Monday and only 9 out of 30 people handed up the assignment, and it was pretty much "tough ****" at the loss of 30% of our end grade. There was no official email to tell us when the assignment was due. It's a load of balls.

slightly off topic but the last 2 or 3 comments about lack of organisation/communication in DIT bring a warm feeling to me as myself and others in my class have been complaining about this to no end. good to see it's not just us who notice it.

not my site but my class rep runs www.ditsucks.net / www.ditrules.net - definitely worth going to for a bit of a moan ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Wait wait wait.. your class rep actually does something? Wow. I'm impressed.

• Advertisement

Wait wait wait.. your class rep actually does something? Wow. I'm impressed.

i know. his job isn't JUST "organising" bad piss ups in the cornerstone!

bad piss ups in the cornerstone!

Piss ups were never bad in the cornerstone until Liam sold out, used to be so much more fun back then :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I have heard results wont be out till March now. They might be online earlier, but wont be posted till march.

Will get our summer results before are Christmas ones at this rate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭green_onions

I'm in Bolton St and only got my results yesterday. And even then they're only provisional. Nothing is definite until some Progression Board meeting in the summer when they look at these exams, the summer exams, all your assessments and attendance and decide if you should go thru to the next year or not

...attendance...

As I remember it attendance doesn't count towards your final grades, you can feasible go to nothing but your continuous assessments and exams and yet still pass the course with flying colours. That's what I understand from Kevin street anyhow...

Advertisement