Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help!

Options
  • 31-01-2006 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

My dog's gone missing in ranelagh.

I'm looking for numbers of the local pounds/shelters. I cant find the numbers anywhere!!

She is light brown and is a cross between a terrier and a collie. She's very old and has bad artheritus. PM me asap if you see her!

I'm sure this kind of request is not allowed by the charter but i dont know what to do

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

First of all you should post a photo of her to help people recognise her.

Also post up here and read the "What to do when you've lost your dog" thread.

Here in Kildare there is a local newspaper (the Liffey Champion) that has had several stories about dogs gone missing, the dog is nearly always found a short time later because people remember the story and remember the photo. See if your local paper will do a similar story. The fact that you've probably had her a long time and she has arthritis will make people more sympathetic.

Best of luck

Nala

EDIT: A list of dog pounds is at http://www.irishanimals.ie/pound.html

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

also put your dog on www.irishanimals.ie lost & found & post photos to pound / pet shops & you can put an ad in the herald for free - see Irish Animals board for a list of what to do when you've lost a pet.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

The Ranelagh Area may either be covered by

Ashton Pound, River Road, Finglas, Dublin 11 - Tel 01-8383236
    or
    Dunboyne Pound (which covers the South County Dublin), Blackhall Boarding Kennels, Summerhill Road, Blackhall, Dunboyne, Co. Meath - Tel 01-8026676 or 087 6961116
    or
    Ranelagh Dublin (Dun Laoghaire Rathdown) 81, Foster Avenue, Mount Merrion
    Phone: 01 2887870

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Do you have a picture of a dog that you could post here?

Also, get colour photocopies of your dog's picture, and put them up on lampposts all around Ranelagh, and in Morton's and other shops where everyone goes, and cafes - and especially in the Charlemont Street pet clinic.

Make a poster, with a photo, that says something like this:

Much-loved pet lost

Daisy, a white Jack Russell with brown ears and a black patch over one eye, six years old. Last seen January 28th in Beechwood Road Upper.

If you see Daisy, please take her in and call 086 8888, or bring her to the animal clinic in Charlemont Street

Don't offer a reward - the kind of people that will help you to find your animal won't want a reward, but they will be touched by the photo and the fact that she's a loved pet.

Is she microchipped?

Ask all the local vets, especially Charlemont Street and the vet in Dartmouth Square. If there are parks where you normally bring your dog for a walk, or beaches, put the posters up there too.

Read's in Nassau Street is a good place to get posters made and get them laminated.

Don't worry *too* much. Everyone I know has taken in a lost cat or dog at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

you can put an ad in the herald for free

They don't do that for free anymore, Tabitharose :( I lost my cat a few weeks ago, and put an ad in the Herald - it's €40 for three days. They were saying that it's free to advertise a "found" though.

Hope you get some good news, Rnger. It's very probable that someone has taken her in, in which case they'll no doubt let the DSPCA or someone know.

I haven't found my cat yet - I even rang the council (environment or litter sections look after roadsweeping) to see if they had "found" anything, as they keep track of such things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

oops thanks for the correction franksm - wasn't aware that they had started charging :rolleyes:

Advertisement