Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bt broadband Install

• 31-01-2006 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I have never had broadband before so I ordered BT broadband and calls package for €40 last week. How long in reality should it take before I am connected. BT said it should take no longer that 15 days when I ordered it over the phone.

Also what is the modem like that they supply?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Splendid

dominoman wrote:
    I have never had broadband before so I ordered BT broadband and calls package for €40 last week. How long in reality should it take before I am connected. BT said it should take no longer that 15 days when I ordered it over the phone.

Also what is the modem like that they supply?

All depends on how difficult eircom want to make it.
    Took us two months.

The modem is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I was told 3 months when I posted a similar thread. I thought "Wow, that must be really rare". That was 3 months ago. I'm also in Skerries.

Make sure you phone them back in a week to make sure your order has actually gone through. Lots of peoples orders seem to get "lost".

Modem is grand. I was having intermittant trouble with the old zyxel one, so I got a nice linksys and the trouble vanished, but generally fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Did they give you that linksys one khannie or did ya get that yourself? Also do they do a wireless one does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Yes, definitely phone them back, my order got lost and I had to wait an extra week, it came here in around 3 weeks though...so not quite as bad as others have experienced. I got the Zyxel modem/router and its great, no problems at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Also do they do a wireless one does anyone know?
    From next week they're supposed to be offering a wireless modem upgrade to new and existing customers for €40.
    Don't know what kind it is though. Oh, 9 working days for my connection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I've had BT broadband in twice, no problems with the order either time. First one was a web order, 2nd over the phone. Took no more than 15 days either time. I have two of the Zyxel modems, I've only ever used one though and had no problems with it. If you ordered it last week, then follow up tomorrow to see how it's progressing, and to make sure they actually have the order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭dubmick

Their new offers are on their website now.
    It's €40 extra for a wireless modem and €40 for a usb card (presume I need one of these too for my pc yeah?)
    I waited for the new offers and now they don't offer the reduced rate for four months anymore. Should have just ordered last week.
    Anyone know if the wireless modem is any use? Free connection if you buy your own modem (could be an option)

Advertisement