Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Marina - Your Thoughts

Options
  • 31-01-2006 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

I noticed in the other charlesland marina thread got a little messy so i thought i would post this...
    What do you all think.

My personal opinion is that it will be a good move for greystones, especially with the thousands of people moving out there. It will bring new amenities, a huge park, and will make the town more modern.

As far as i can tell from the plans it does not affect the main street too much but im only looking at the plans. But to me it looks like the water side of the dart tracks.

Also there is the "safe feeling" factor where there is something to do for the younger generations, ie water activities, shops and the boardwalk.
    It will also boost the wicklow sailing communities.

Alot of people have previously objected to the charlesland, eden gate and blacklion developments, but as far as i can tell they have only been good for greystones with housing near the mainstreet approaching the value of €1,000,000 and above.

I believe that with the new marina houseing prices will jump hugely will benefit everyone.

Well they're just my thoughts.
    What do you all think, Vote above!

and please don't turn this thread into a squabble, just give ur personal opinion and don't attack or slate anyone for their opinion. We only want your one on the marina, not on someone else's opinion!

Thanks,

Matt

What do you think of the marina development? Is it going to benifit Greystones? 1 vote

Yes - I'm for the Development
    0% 0 votes
    No - I'm against the Development
    100% 1 vote
    It doesn't bother me either way
    0% 0 votes
    Undecided - I Just Don't know yet!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Matt,

The other thread has largely been relevant, and I don't think this thread is going to yield any less arguments about what is clearly a controversial issue.

I have warned people on the other thread not to descend to personal abuse, so it should stay on track. Bearing that in mind, I'm gonna lock this thread to keep all the comments together. Also, your poll does not take into account the 3rd option that has been highlighted (I think it was in this thread)

Eoin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement