Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ignore feature

Options
  • 31-01-2006 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering, is it possible for the ignore feature to be expanded, so that quoted text from an ignored person is not shown up?
    No idea how you would do this, but you guys seem to have magical ways :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

It would require a fairly dirty hack that doesn't seem particularly practical.

I wish vBulletin was designed so that users could do tricks like this with custom stylesheets. Actually, I wish we didn't use vBulletin.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

PHB you are now going to have some paranoid users out there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

ecksor wrote:
    It would require a fairly dirty hack that doesn't seem particularly practical.

I wish vBulletin was designed so that users could do tricks like this with custom stylesheets. Actually, I wish we didn't use vBulletin.

While we're at it could we also include the feature where if i put someone on my ignore list they just get wiped out of existence?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Alright, i can dream :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Peace wrote:
    While we're at it could we also include the feature where if i put someone on my ignore list they just get wiped out of existence?

i think the admin has that function, yeah it called delete this user permanently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

ecksor wrote:
    Actually, I wish we didn't use vBulletin.

what would be your preference?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

On a more plausable note, would it be possible to make post's of ignored users totally invisible? As it is you can still see all their posts, just not the text within. This means they're still takin up feckin page space and so it makes very little difference whether the user is on your ignore list or not.

Advertisement