Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychics & Mediums (ask questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ok this thread is about discussing mediums so that what i'm gonna do.

Mysteria is a medium with many years experiences I am discussing her as a professional not as a poster here so if thats a problem then we cant discuss anyone as they are all free to post here, including Derak Acorah ;)

Many people here have seen Derek Acorah be it on Most haunted or Live. I've seen him both ways and where as I am aware he has been linked to scandle I have also seen him be very accurate. He May have stumbled undeer pressure in the last couple of years but no one can say both he and Most Haunted brough the Paranrmal more into the main stream. As a medium and psychic he has done alot. And we have access to him so much in that he puts himself freeing into public view proving night after night that he has a talent. Remember be forgiving!, no psychic can get it right all the time and we all have off days - plus with a show like MH there is lots of pressure and who of us wouldnt crack under it?

Now we have another medium and psychic who goes around saying not only Derek Acorah but all other TV psychics are fakes?

Now I am not asking for proof though i can understand that others have in the past. Mysteria has given no proof that DA is a fake but is free to put him down, as free as he is to post here.

Mysteria (and remember we are discussing her under the topic of the thread not as a pperson!) is somewhat of an unknown quanity to many of us in that we have no experience of her yet we are demanded to respect her as a professional. I could respect her as a poster as i do any poster but professinal I would need first hand experience to form an opion as i would most anyone else.

I must say i find it hard to trust or respect her as a professional as because of how she speeks about other psychics and expects us to take her inside information as gospel. As for psychics making mistakes, as i said they all do it and from what i have read when i google her (as she has asked) i find she is equally capable of being off the mark. Should we say she is a fake because of this? No, but should we on the other hand take it that with all her years of experience she (as an experienced medium/healer etc) is infalable?I know i wont.
    Ghostly Jaywalkers

In Blather 1.4 I mentioned the exploits of one Sandra Ramdhanie in the Galway Poltergeist case. Well she's back in the news again, exorcising ghosts which are being blamed for a series of road deaths between Navan and Dunshaughlin in Co. Meath (Ireland).

'Survivors have claimed they saw babies' faces pressed up against the windscreen and that the steering wheel was pulled and the car went literally off the road as if unseen hands were pulling the steering wheel.'

Ms. Ramdhanie says that there are energies in certain areas which can affect people's driving. She may be correct in this assertion, but I'm inclined to blame the roads themselves and the people using them. Ms. Ramdhanie, however, is linking the deaths to the alleged burial of foetuses in the area by the 'backstreet abortionist' Nurse Cadden, who was hanged in 1956 after the death of a woman. She has apparently noticed a lot of 'spirits' when visiting the area, and has resolved to carry out a ceremony to help the local residents, which I see as possibly a placebo - a cleansing ritual as such. In principle it's not a bad idea - but it does depend on a lack of cynicism on those for which it is performed, and surely takes away from the real issue - road safety.
    [Note from daev, 18/6/2001 - according to an email received from Caroline Lane, who says that Cadden was her father's aunt, Cadden died in prison, and wasn't hanged as reported by The Irish News.]

According to the local parish priest, Fr. Kerrane, Ramdhanie has her information rather confused. According to him, the road deaths occurred 1.5 miles (2.4 km) from Dunshaughlin, while Sandra Ramdhanie is investigating an area some 4 miles (6.4 km) from the village. He attributes the deaths to black ice, and says that the only association that Nurse Cadden had with the area involved a child she abandoned there, which lived and was adopted. He also reckons that no one in the area had previously linked the road deaths with the Cadden case. (The Irish News)

Now remember this is not a personal attack on anyone, its a discussion of a medium under the specs of the topic. If that is not allowed then as i said we should not be allowed to discuss anyone in the field as they are all free to post her and possibly some are - we dont all have to be as open with our identities.

Discuss.

6th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭mysteria

I have never ever called myself a medium and consistently refuse to work as one. Out of 19,000+ Google references one has been pulled out of the hat from that well (ahem) renowned "Blather" Archive. Of course some Priests try to undermine my work, I've been an embarrassment to them for years. Why not quote the Fahey case in Galway, where 6 priests and a bishop failed to solve the problem, but 9 years after my work in their house they still have no problems, which is why New Dominion films made an hour-long documentary about it for Discovery Channel. ( So did Michael Aspel's "Strange But True", we had 80 million viewers they tell me). Derek Acorah I have been told is a total fake by the people who made the Most Haunted series. It's entertainment, and I'm reluctant to be so blunt about it, but it is true. I don't like knocking people, but being subtle and trying to warn people in a polite way obviously does'nt get the message across to some. And I really don't care.

mysteria wrote:
    I have never ever called myself a medium and consistently refuse to work as one. Out of 19,000+ Google references one has been pulled out of the hat from that well (ahem) renowned "Blather" Archive. Of course some Priests try to undermine my work, I've been an embarrassment to them for years. Why not quote the Fahey case in Galway, where 6 priests and a bishop failed to solve the problem, but 9 years after my work in their house they still have no problems, which is why New Dominion films made an hour-long documentary about it for Discovery Channel. ( So did Michael Aspel's "Strange But True", we had 80 million viewers they tell me). Derek Acorah I have been told is a total fake by the people who made the Most Haunted series. It's entertainment, and I'm reluctant to be so blunt about it, but it is true. I don't like knocking people, but being subtle and trying to warn people in a polite way obviously does'nt get the message across to some. And I really don't care.

I believe that you have said before that you have worked as a medium? If i'm wrong then just change the word to psychic as you read my post. You seem in no way reluctant to knock DA and I believe he is being used as a skape goat (spellig?) by MH to an extent.

The Blather site is one of the first to come up which anyone can see on the first page if they google ur name? I didnt go looking for it. And as i said it just proves that ur can have off days like anyone else - i didnt say it made you a fake or anything.

My point was DA has put himself out there - for praise and criticism. You (again i speak of you as a psychic not a person so relax) has not to the same extent yet you protest if anyone questions you?

Da has many years experience just as you have and if you expect us to accept he is a fake based on 3rd hand bias information then you can surely expect no better treatment here than to be open to being called a fake and a liar?

Zillah has asked questions of you that are very reasonable for some to ask yet he has been shot down. I would not let smeone opperate on me just cos they tell me they are a professional.

mysteria wrote:
    Why not quote the Fahey case in Galway, where 6 priests and a bishop failed to solve the problem, but 9 years after my work in their house they still have no problems

If this was absolute proof of the paranormal and your "powers" then the question of ghosts/spirits being real would be closed. As a scientist you must understand there will be questions and you must be will ing to answer them.

Zillah has asked many great questions about the energy you use, how it is manipulated etc all questions which are fine to ask and deserve answers. All these questions are relevant to how you did what you did in galway yet you do not answer them.

I can understand that you say that you will not be bullied into answering them or that you dont care what people think. You must realise that if you want metapsychics, parapsychology , the paranormal and yourself to be taken seriously and to be considered real science, you as a representative of these things must be will to answer questions.

You claim you want to educate people about psychic gifts?

Your participation in the tours at haunted locations is as one of an educator?

Well please answer the questins we ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

6th, even I'm begining to accept how futile this is. We're never going to get straight answers.

Although Mysteria I will take your word that you have the UCD degree. Thats only one among many many other questions though, but I suspect you'll only give a clear answer on the ones you feel like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

6th final warning.

I've had it up to here with you both. As much as you try to "discuss mysteria under the title of the thread", asking about her tours etc isn't anything to do with that.

zillah, I'm going to go away, read your posts and decide just what sort of response you merit for this. I suspect a ban and I'll give you the opportunity to PM and tell me why it shouldn't be a very long one based on your own actions here. You can do this before posting on this forum again please.

mysteria, you're popping up on the radar far too much I'm going to do some reading and figure out if its all victim or not. If you just gave straight out plain answers to some of the questions you were asked, we might avoid this.

Zillah banned one week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 MonaLisa

Once again hello to all...
    Hope you are all well and enjoying the fine weather.

What is difference between a psychic and a fortune teller...? Which is better (if there is a difference)

once again apologies for repeating myself... but any of you, kind Ladies / gents, would happen to know a really good psychic or a fortun teller... in and around dublin?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you Thank you and thank you
    Mona Lisa

mysteria wrote:
    Zillah TIME is my problem, meaning I'm extremely busy so I only skim through the boards and post from time to time. I have'nt read anything in Thunderdrome if that's where your questions are. Make a list of the LIES I've supposedly told, ask what questions you want and I'll answer them. I'm not the problem, it's the fact that most of you probably aren't old enough to know that I was the first one to do Tarot readings and paranormal investigations on the Gerry Ryan show. That was putting myself live on air, no contrived antics like MH, where anyone could phone in for a free reading. Gerry, and Pat Kenny, both knew me from my TCD days. Then I spent about 7 yrs broadcasting with Adrian Kennedy on what is now East Coast Radio, every Monday morning, unpaid and doing free readings for everyone who phoned in. And I did the same thing on RTE Tv for many years. So before Derek Acorah had ever been heard of I was broadcasting. Now in Ireland and the UK he is very famous, but I've never wanted personal fame. My life has been a crusade to teach people Psychic & Healing abilities exist,not to promote myself but THE PSYCHIC SCIENCES, we all possess them, and I want to encourage others to develop and use theirs. If I don't answer questions I'm accused of being evasive, and when I do I'm called a liar. And I've never called myself a Medium.

Mysteria, Zillah has been banned. Largely for going off topic. So too will you be if you post again on personal matters. This is about psychic mediums, not the grudge match between members of this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭mysteria

Psi, I'm trying to address this matter the only way I can. As I said before, if I don't reply to questions I'm slated, if I do I'm accused of lying or talking about myself. I'm all out of patience at this stage! I don't want to keep any rows going, but I refuse to be bullied off this board!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'm personally done with this topic. I haven't, and for the forseeable future, won't have anything to contribute to this topic, so I'm not going to bother saying anything in here because I feel that if I did, it would be completely off-topic.

Hopefully one day I'll actually have something relevent to say here, but not now...

MonaLisa wrote:
    Once again hello to all...
    Hope you are all well and enjoying the fine weather.

What is difference between a psychic and a fortune teller...? Which is better (if there is a difference)

once again apologies for repeating myself... but any of you, kind Ladies / gents, would happen to know a really good psychic or a fortun teller... in and around dublin?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you Thank you and thank you
    Mona Lisa

Hi all,
    Can anyone help or direct me to a good psychic and a fortune teller (which ever you think is better):(

thanks
    Monalisa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

MonaLisa wrote:
    Hi all,
    Can anyone help or direct me to a good psychic and a fortune teller (which ever you think is better):(

thanks
    Monalisa
    If you read through some of the earlier posts you will see names and contact numbers mentioned Lisa. You haven't said where you're based either which makes it harder to recommend someone to you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

To answer the first part of your question, a fortune teller is just a specific type of psychic. Kind of like the way a footballer is a specific type of sportsperson. They may or may not play other sports but they're generally thought of as a footballer. Whether a general psychic or specific fortune teller suits your needs better really depends on why you want to see one :) . I don't know of any either way, but if you want to mention why you want to see someone, then another poster may be able to recommend someone to you. If you don't want to mention it here publically, you could look back through all the pages of the thread and you may find someone who had similar needs to yourself and see what response they got.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 princess27

AntiRip,
    Would you mind pm me Carols number? Did you find her good?
    Thanks

tallus wrote:
    If you read through some of the earlier posts you will see names and contact numbers mentioned Lisa. You haven't said where you're based either which makes it harder to recommend someone to you.

Hi tellus
    Many thanks for your message. It sis very much appreciated.
    In my first message I did mention that I live in Dublin Ireland.

I have gone through the messages a number of times. There were names of fotune tellers and Psychics mentioned but no numbers were given. I think the numbers might have been sent by PM.

I would be grateful, If you could direct me to someone. A good Psychic/Fortune teller, that is if you know anyone.

Once again many thanks for your message,
    MonaLisa:)

stevenmu wrote:
    To answer the first part of your question, a fortune teller is just a specific type of psychic. Kind of like the way a footballer is a specific type of sportsperson. They may or may not play other sports but they're generally thought of as a footballer. Whether a general psychic or specific fortune teller suits your needs better really depends on why you want to see one :) . I don't know of any either way, but if you want to mention why you want to see someone, then another poster may be able to recommend someone to you. If you don't want to mention it here publically, you could look back through all the pages of the thread and you may find someone who had similar needs to yourself and see what response they got.

Thanks so much for your help.
    To be honest with you the reason I want to see a Psychic/Fortune teller is because, Things have been going wrong for such a long time. I seem to be making the wrong decisions left, right and center. And So many things are happening that I am losing control ...

I just want some direction or clarification .... as to what's happening, or if thing are going to change for better ?.... where am I going wrong ??? in a nut shell ... just want to know, What's around the corner ?

That's all, nothing very major ... But I still want to see someone good. Rather than just wast my time and money. I have been to a few, which have been V. Bad ... that's why I am in a search for a goodone ...

Does this help?

princess27 wrote:
    AntiRip,
    Would you mind pm me Carols number? Did you find her good?
    Thanks

Hi Princess27/ AntiRip,
    Is carol the lady in Cork?
    Can I also get her number if she is Good?

Do you guys know anyone in Dublin or close enough to Dublin?

Thanks
    Mona lisa:)

Hi Monalisa,

I got a reading on the radio show myself and Stevenmu did last night. Was very good and acurate. They do readings in Dublin city centre, so if you want a number or more info just drop me a pm.

6th

6th wrote:
    Hi Monalisa,

I got a reading on the radio show myself and Stevenmu did last night. Was very good and acurate. They do readings in Dublin city centre, so if you want a number or more info just drop me a pm.

6th

6th Thank you so much... I really appreciate your help...
    I Have sent you a message ... Thank you ....
    Was this person, that you did the reading with, very general in their comments - I mean was it something that could have been applied to anyone... Or do you think it was more specific to you...?

Once again Many Thanks
    Mona lisa

• Advertisement

No one is so unique that things they are told cant be applied to lots of other people but last nights ready did hit alot of things that were on my mind. I'm sure a personal reading not in the studio situation could even be alot better.

http://www.thetarotacademy.com/

Thats the website for Louise from the show and i'll go reply to ur pm no.

Thank you
    you are a sweet heart.... Your help is much appreciated.

6th wrote:
    No one is so unique that things they are told cant be applied to lots of other people but last nights ready did hit alot of things that were on my mind. I'm sure a personal reading not in the studio situation could even be alot better.

http://www.thetarotacademy.com/

Thats the website for Louise from the show and i'll go reply to ur pm no.

Hi there, just wondering does anyone has any good recommendations for Angel Readers, very interested in getting a reading
    Thanks

Where are you based?

I am based in Dublin, any good Angel readers there>?

www.holistic.ie - this site has a search function on the top left of the page.

Choose Tarot & Angel Readings under catagory & then choose Dublin as County. Theres a few there.

Let us know how you get on.

princess27 wrote:
    Hi there, just wondering does anyone has any good recommendations for Angel Readers, very interested in getting a reading
    Thanks

Hi There,
    What are angel readers...??

Monalisa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

Just wondering - any of you guys go to see Billy in Mullingar? I think he was good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

princess27 wrote:
    I am based in Dublin, any good Angel readers there>?
    The people who run this site http://www.angelsofireland.ie/ have been recommended to me a few times, altough I still haven't actually made it out to them yet. I think they're in Finglas village.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kerr

i am looking for a medium in the dublin area been looking for a while cant find anyone dat has been recommended any help is greatly appreciated thank you!!!!

Advertisement