Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychics & Mediums (ask questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Tis a case of calling it as it see it 6th and being true to myself I have to say it and give the warning and if those who don't deserve it don't listen then that is thier concern and I have done that which I must.

If it is done for giggles and as enterainment then it should be billed as such and not as a proper reading and consultation and the person providing the enterainment must make this clear and must conduct themsleves accordingly.

I have seen this at both sides from being at a party which was a girls night in with lost of wine and a tarot reader who didn't treat it as a party and ended up dragging up 1 persons sexual abuse as a child, telling someone else thier husband was having an affair and someone else to make sure they went to the dr for tests as it could be cancer.

And guess who had to sort out, console and deal with the fall out, muggin here.

I also did when I was a lot younger and in college readings for enterainment at a party and that didn't go well with people getting drunk and very intense and very demanding and challenging and confrontational and I wasnt charging for it and hence owed them nothing.

A group of people in festive form or all wound up Plus drink is never a good idea for anything of a physic or spiritual nature imho, unless it is voodoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭JOJOC

Yes this is a party but there will be no drink taken everyone is just very interested in finding out what the future holds for them etc. I just wanted to know where to turn ?

Has anyone got a number or email address for Carol Byrne in East wall? Please PM with it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

I have done a couple of 'gatherings' reading evenings.
    I made it clear that whoever was getting a reading would have to have one drink or none until afterward.....it was very seriously upheld too and they were quite respectful.

But I've since stopped doing them. One time I did 10 readings (about 40 mins long each) and I was so psychically and physically and everyway exhausted I refused to do it again.
    Same for exhibitions or fairs.
    It's good money but not worth it. ANd for whatever reason, my readings are much more successful when I do them one at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Well if Ais here changes her mind I'd reccomend her ;)

• Advertisement

They can be very draining esp if you have a group with family members in it.
    Doing a read for a grand mother, two of her daughter and one grand daughter in the same night was completely brain melting.

Aisling & M do you do private readings and if so how do I make an appointment? How much do you charge and if you dont do private readings who would you recommend, I had a reading done this time last year with a man down in Tara and i found him terrible while my friend found him ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

Hi,
    Would anyone have a contact number for Dymphna, She is a medium,She did live in Tallaght and gave readings from a house in Crumlin and then moved on to Terenure Village.But I have no idea where she is now :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 katie1234

Hi,
    I am looking for a medium /tarot reader/ psychic in the Leinster area. If anyone has any details or contact numbers i'd really appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 katie1234

celtic1888 wrote:
    Eddie christain is good with past,present & near future mate.......personally he can be a bit whacky with the distant future....id go down to mullingar to Billy martin if i were you....only half an hour away & hes **** hot....doesnt try & tell you want to do unless you ask & just tells it how it is

30€ i think he costs.......

Ive been to see Billy but want to try this Eddie Christian too. Can someone PM me with his contact details if they have it. Thanks a mill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭celtic1888

katie1234 wrote:
    Ive been to see Billy but want to try this Eddie Christian too. Can someone PM me with his contact details if they have it. Thanks a mill!

read back a couple of pages....all the info is there....you just turn up & queue...

From PsychicSense.ie
    Psychic Checklist
    A True Psychic Will:

-Be correct 90% of the time.
    -Give you in-depth insight and not generalities.
    -Have a deep spiritual belief.
    -Have their own life in order.
    -Honour their body and be healthy and fit.
    -Provide information to overcome the negativity in your life.
    -Be focused and clear in their readings.
    -Make you feel positive and filled with energy.

So what do you guys think?

I agree with being 90% correct and give deep insight but the ones about having life in order and being fit and healthy. please........
    Psychics are human, not Godly.
    I think if they help someone else through giving of useful/helpful info then their job is done and their private life is their private life.

I can understand what they are saying though, for example some people would see it as dodgy if a doctor (who tells them how to stay healthy) smokes?

A good psychic needs to separate their own life from the reading entirely.
    It's very difficult to do that.
    BUT I don't care if my doctor smokes, if she has the knowledge I need but not the cop on to help herself that is her business.......unless of course she is blowing the smoke in my face.

Architects build beautiful houses for their clients but very different houses for themselves.

There has to be a separation between the life of the reader/doctor/architect and the information given to the client.

i dont really support the "positive" part as to be that translates into "tell someone what they want to hear".....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think it raises two important points.

One, should a psychic be someone who advices and counsels people on their lives, or should they simply provide whatever information they recieve as they recieved it. (personally I'd go for the latter)

Two, like celtic1888 says, should a psychic really strive to send someone off feeling positive ? I don't mean they should be callous or cold hearted when there's bad news to be told, but surely they should tell the bad news and not try to gloss over it or sugar coat it too much ?

stevenmu wrote:

One, should a psychic be someone who advices and counsels people on their lives, or should they simply provide whatever information they recieve as they recieved it. (personally I'd go for the latter)

Two, like celtic1888 says, should a psychic really strive to send someone off feeling positive ? I don't mean they should be callous or cold hearted when there's bad news to be told, but surely they should tell the bad news and not try to gloss over it or sugar coat it too much ?
    What is the purpose in sending them off feeling negative?

Psychics I like ask for only what will help them in their lives......and if any negative situations are shown in the cards that they are shown only because there is a solutions to the problems to be told.

A certain amount of counselling style words and phrases have to be used.
    Some psychic images are quite 'rough' and if someone has recently experienced a loss or has gone through a messy divorce the last thing they want or can handle hearing is something graphically real......

ie. If you are a psychic and a client comes in for a reading having had a rough breakup.........you see the partner with a new person and are shown that the new person is more aesthetically pretty to convey the message that the partner is shallow and only interesting in immediate appearances. Do you say,
    "I see your partner with a girl much prettier than you"
    or
    "I see your partner is not looking for a person like you. He is on a different path, one that is not as deep in a meaningful way as you need it to be."

I don't know if I'm explaining that well. I've just had to take strong painkillers for a migraine and they make me a little stupid and illiterate. :)
    From my point of view, the psychic has a great deal of choice with how they express the messages, unless of course they are impeccably clairaudient which is SO much easier! :)

So its up to the reader to decide how to 'fudge' it or soften the blow? In doing that though is there a chance that they are missing the point of the message given?

I've basically been thinking more about this since the Sylvia Brown episode and it has me wondering just how ethical it is for the reader to pass on information if they are putting their own spin on it?

If Readers are going to councel people I think I would rather they were qualified to at least do that. I know this is dodgy ground as there is no way to control the industry - and thats what it is, an industry.

• Advertisement

I would much rather soften the blow and perhaps lose the impact of a message than throw someone emotionally unstable further into despair.
    You have to plant the right seeds and let them grow in the client rather than try and force a full grown tree of knowledge into their little meadow.

If you dont mind me saying that sounds very "I know best' and given the nature of the beast I think that is very dangerous.

Given that the information in interperated by the reader at what point do they take responsibility for the client? You say that you tell them whats best for them but who they take it may lead them to a course of action such as suicide etc.

I know I am coming at this quiet stronge but as I say following the SB situation I wonder who decides whats best for anyone?

*Edit: I must ad that I know as the only reader posting on this topic it might seem like an attack so I hope you and anyone else reading this knows that its not.

OI! and what am I chopped liver :P

There are times you can not baldly state to someone what you see.
    They may not be ready for that news, not everyone is upfront about what questions they are looking for answers too.

It is a judgement call and how to call them comes with wisdom and I woudl hope guidance from diety and from the guides of the reader and the querant.

The future is flexible to a point , we do have free will, I could decide to take my life tomorrow and no matter what anyone read in the cards it woudl then not come true.

Which is worse to fudge and set someone thinking upon a train of tought for them to get there themslves or be harsh and hard and upset them with things they are not ready to hear ?

There is more skill and art then just reading what interputation of the card, thier order and positioning says.

stevenmu wrote:

I know cousellors who use it as a toll when dealing with clients.
    People should make thier own decisions tbh but often they like to check with someone else before going for it.

There has to be a mid way between those too Stevenmu one is just has harmful as the other to be honest unless the reader is a couslellor and working in that way which was agreed with the person in advance.

That depends on the person and what they came about.
    Certain things would be to my mund irresponsible to blurt out,
    you will never have children of your own,
    your fmaily memeber is going to die ect.

Some people come for a check up and a pick me up some come for deeper reasons there is not one size fits all.

Thaedydal wrote:
    OI! and what am I chopped liver :P

My bad ... I'll take any punishment you see appropriate.

Thaedydal wrote:
    There are times you can not baldly state to someone what you see.
    They may not be ready for that news, not everyone is upfront about what questions they are looking for answers too.

It is a judgement call and how to call them comes with wisdom and I woudl hope guidance from diety and from the guides of the reader and the querant.

The future is flexible to a point , we do have free will, I could decide to take my life tomorrow and no matter what anyone read in the cards it woudl then not come true.

Which is worse to fudge and set someone thinking upon a train of tought for them to get there themslves or be harsh and hard and upset them with things they are not ready to hear ?

There is more skill and art then just reading what interputation of the card, thier order and positioning says.

I completely understand that there is alot more to reading (though some do rely on skilled readings at times). My point is at what stage does responsibility come into it? And if something goes wrong can a reader wash their hands of it and say 'Well I only gave them the information that came through"?

Thaedydal wrote:
    That depends on the person and what they came about.
    Certain things would be to my mund irresponsible to blurt out,
    you will never have children of your own,
    your fmaily memeber is going to die ect.

But seeing as everyone would agree that the future is not written in stone, not only is it irresponsible to say those things, there also the fact that they may not happen?

Somethings you can let a person know about and forewarned is forearmed
    but ever hear of a self forfilling prophsey ?
    Tell a person of the right disposition they will be in a car crash and they will be either through being cocksure or over cauticous.

I would say somethings things are written in sand and some are written in stone you have to know the difference.

There will alsways be the fact that the reader is interpeting the cards and what ever facts the percieve are already coloured by who they are and thier experiences.

If a person didn't what that done they could use as easily chuck the cards about themselves and read what the booklet that came with them said.

There is a level of responsibilty but that does not mean the reader should sort out the quernts life for them or tell them what to do.

Ditto Thaedydal! :)

in my opinion, fortune tellers etc shouldnt counsel folk if they aint qualified to do so.....ive been to readers that didnt do that but just told it how it was n the cards & his stuff has been the only stuff to have happened thus far...ive also been to a certain reader that told me something & then told me not to go down that road....that freaked me out no end & possibly aided & abeited me into further readings & since no-one else has predicted such to happen ,it involved me getting hitched to a certain woman & adultery(i made sure not too mention the prediction to new readers) but ive since re-visited the intial person & he didnt say the same thing at all, mentioned similer but on a differnet scale as in if i went back to her,as in now, she'd be unfaithful as she'd feel the need to see how far she could push me etc(this is a girl that has never done that sort of thing ever & is trustworthy so you can see where i was freaked) but nothin about marriage etc basically the things he was soooo adament about the first time......now i do now that things change but one thing he told me was he was right & thats that & in matters of love things dont change, you can change work even health but not love he said....imo these people arent qualified to counsel & shouldnt as they are of course human & their readings can be manipulated by their own lifes,outlooks & opinions... (im sure counsellers can be too but id sooner trust a counseller tbh).......ps the person in question isnt EC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭fifly

I went to Eddie Christian years ago. He was crap. He just told me that there is a guy in my past that was bad for me - who hasn't? End of reading!

I went to the guy near Moate (Castledaly) a few months ago. Lovely man. Discribed me exactly. In general he was very good buy it was weird because he told me that there was love in my life, the guy was my sole mate, a very good sole mate at that. When I told him we were no longer going out he seemed confused but as the reading went on he said he wasn't right for me. I will meet someone better. He said that he thinks why he saw love in my life now is because I will meet the new guy very soon (in the new year).

I've not meet a new guy. My ex did contact me at Christmas (although I was told he wouldn't contact me again).

Not sure if I should go back to see him again. I was very upset during and after the reading because of what he said about my ex. I think the stuff about a new guy was to soften the blow for me but it also meant he didn't have to say he was wrong!:confused:

Advertisement