Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychics & Mediums (ask questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

If the reader feels that they dont have enough info for the sitter then by all means give them some cash back (or equivilent) but what if someone pays for 30mins and the reader gets loads. The time runs out so the sitter can either pay up or just not get the info?

Any time I've gotten a reading I have gone there knowing the price and the sittingg takes as long as it takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

not trying to be argumentative.......just suggesting an honourable reason for a difference in price.
    even if there is someone who can be read for 3 hours the reader has to cut off at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭akw_old

Aisling&M wrote:
    I have to disagree about the flat rate.
    What if there isn't enough info and the reader doesn't want to charge for a full reading when only 20 mins of info came through for whatever reason?
    I would credit a reader with honesty and integrity for having a different charge rate offered. it's not only so that you get your 20-30 mins instead of a full 40-60. It works in favour of the person being read too.

there is a valid point there alright. i would generally think that a reading would last long than half an hour tho. suppose it depends on the person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

I have had readings done, some half hour, some hour and some over the hour and have always paid the same flat rate for them. I never really thought about it as a paid by the hour sort of proffession but if i am to be honest I don't think I would be to impressed if a reader stated that the half hour was up if you want more you may pay up as it would seem to me that she/he was keeping more track of the time spent than the reading.

I'd roughly say an hour for a reading and that why I thing a set price. If someone is done in 20 minutes then a bit of cash back. If its over the hour but not crazy then still the same price.

I've never heard of a reader that takes 2 or more hours for a general reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

My point exactly.........there is an acceptable cut off.......I think the longest reading I've had is about 1.5 hours..... anything more and you'd forget 90% of the information if it's not recorded anyway.
    And if there was only a little info, then a discounted price......

Some psychics also offer a sliding scale for people who they know need a reading but couldn't afford a set price. Like perhaps suggest a 20 euro half hour reading but I don't know any psychics who would stop before an hour if the info was there and the person needed to hear it.

But like anything there are always exceptions to the rule. I just would hate to see psychics who charge different rates being immediately presumed money grabbers.

Ah I'd never suggest they were money grabbers. Personally I'd pay €50 or €60 for a reading and presume it would be anything up to an hours or there abouts.

Dropped into the Psychic Café today on the way to work for a nosey around and a bit of grub.

As well as having a very nice plate of breakfast delights I got to have a sit down and a chat with Catherine & Karyn about what it is that they do. Seems that apart from serving up food for the belly they cater for the soul too. With angel card & tarot card readings done by appointment and a few evenings a week of gatherings this is just the thing Dublin is lacking.

I've always felt that Ireland was way behind the times when it comes to spirituality & the paranormal in general. What we do have is all passed by word of mouth and can be a bit inaccessable for people startig out and looking to get involved.

The Psychic Café really puts it out there and Catherine & Karyn have no problem talking about what it is they do. They've been do the rounds for quite a while now, being regulars at holistic fairs etc. So now all I have to do it pop along for a reading and go along to one of there meets.

One of the real bonuses about this place (apart from being able to have a feed) is that the place is open from 7am, 7 days a weeks - that should cut down the crazy 1 month waiting that you get with some readers.

Best of luck to everyone at the Psychic Café!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chan123

Hello all, I'm new to boards.ie and am looking for contact details for a medium in Cork. I've been reading back through the messages but there's so many to go through and also of course all numbers are done through pm's so sorry for asking the same question again but can anyone recommend a really good medium in Cork :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

chan123 wrote:
    Hello all, I'm new to boards.ie and am looking for contact details for a medium in Cork. I've been reading back through the messages but there's so many to go through and also of course all numbers are done through pm's so sorry for asking the same question again but can anyone recommend a really good medium in Cork :o

dont know any myself but am sure someone will get back to you. Welcome to boards by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

That sounds interesting - is it close to Walkinstown roundabout?

Also anyone been to see Margery for a reading? I'm interested to see what people thought of her as I think shes amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Went through about 8 pages of this thread but it seems all contact info is only disclosed through pm's.
    Can someone PM some info or contact details for any in the Limerick or Cork area. I am really keen to research this for a friend of mine as I know this person has been seeking something like this for a while now.
    I believe this person wants to try to get some idea of her future and what lies ahead and also possibly get some insight or information on how a deceased family is feeling toward them and was there anything that needed to be discussed before they died.

What type of person am I looking for here?

Thanks

Shinners23 wrote:
    That sounds interesting - is it close to Walkinstown roundabout?

Hope this helps, its the other end of the greenhills road: Red dot.

PSYCHICCAFE.jpg

Thanks a mil for that 6th - will defo pay a visit - perhaps next week some lunch time.

If you want a number to make an apointment just drop me a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sophiemarie

Hello : ) I'd also like the number of a good medium/psychic in the Cork area if anyone has any info, please? Much appreciated

Ok there have been alot of requests for recommendations in Cork in the last while. I am not over familiar with any readers down there so my suggestion would be to go to:

GHOSTPERSONALS MSN GROUP

Donal there should have no problem pointing you in the right direct.

Tell him 6th says hi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

great map 6th,can JUST about see me standing at the door waving at the big red dot. your a great help, you must be looking for a free sausy sambo........

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭celtic1888

whos this margery doll???

Its not a name I recognise I have to say.

• Advertisement

Marjorie -- is the lady on 98fm on Wednesday nights. She is brill - Although I think she may be booked up til June!!! Well worth a visit - If anyone would like her contact details feel free to PM me -

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Just a quick update on Carol Byrne. She had a 'show' in Wexford last thursday, my Mum attended and said she was excellent. She is taking bookings for readings, but afaik her waiting list is about 600 now. If you want to contact her try Anns Angels in Wexford. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 juliekate

hi,

it's my first time on the site and i've really enjoyed reading about eddie. i went to see him about two years ago and, like others, found him brilliant on the past and present - he was accurate to the day on some things - but a wee bit weird - i hope - on the future. he was brilliant on character faults, so very entertaining, but maybe not the best if you're feeling vulnerable.

i was wondering if anyone has ever been to see deirdre in bray. i saw her a year ago and thought she was amazing. i'd be intersted to hear if anyone has been to her.

and just wondering if someone could pm me billy martin's and carol byrne's no?

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭celtic1888

juliekate wrote:
    hi,

it's my first time on the site and i've really enjoyed reading about eddie. i went to see him about two years ago and, like others, found him brilliant on the past and present - he was accurate to the day on some things - but a wee bit weird - i hope - on the future. he was brilliant on character faults, so very entertaining, but maybe not the best if you're feeling vulnerable.

nail head hit......rearrange to suit oneself:D

i actually think he likes to shock people with the future predictions....& he'll drop a bombshell & then try & gloss over it & get rid of you....imo Grainne next door reaps the benefits of this...as in a lot of disgruntled punters head into her after theyve been to Eddie...in fact she said it to me herself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

Hello

Im new here and im sure its been asked millions of time but anyone know of any good psychics in dublin? no cowboys now. plz pm me if ye do thanks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭nitefox

Hi giggles how are you and everybody i'm new to this boards. I'm the same looking for contact details for Carol Bryne or John O'Shea i heard they are very good. I would appreciate if anybody would PM them to me

Thanks in advance!

I'm looking for contact details for John O'Shea. I would appreciate if anybody would PM it to me. Thanks 6th for getin number for Carol Byrne. So on Carol Byrne where is her place and how much does she charge €?, same with John O'Shea where is his place and how much does he charge €?.

Thanks in advance!.;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

Hi, this Sunday 22nd April Catherine Woods (she's been mentioned on this thread a bit) is holding a spiritual event for charity in the North Star Hotel just beside Connolly Station.

There will tarot readings, healings, reiki, indian head massages and more. Essentially the fee is €50 and you get to do TWO of the practices on offer. so get a reading and a healing for €50. not bad really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 loulane

hi was just wondering if you could give me carol byrne's number

• Advertisement

Hi loulane how are you?. Yes i have carol byrne's number but i dont know if i can put up on the form but if not i can pm it to you.welcome to the paranormal boadrs form i am new as well just on it a week now hope to get talkin to you on the form in the coming weeks. can anybody help me I'm looking for contact details for John O'Shea. I would appreciate if anybody would PM it to me. Thanks 6th for getin number for Carol Byrne. So on Carol Byrne where is her place and how much does she charge €?, same with John O'Shea where is his place and how much does he charge €?.

Thanks in advance!..:p

Advertisement