Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banner Ad appears "over" dropdown menu

Options
  • 31-01-2006 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Anyone else having problems with the banner ad in the top right appearing on top of the dropdown menu (when the menu is expanded)?. Happens for me with Firefox, but not IE.

Just noticed that the banner ad is a flash file, rather than an image - don't know if that could make a difference?

Eoin
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Oh you wiley devil. I started mine first but your's has the better title and I've now bumped it... let's see how this plays out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Happens me with IE on the win2000 machines at work. No problem on either IE or FF at home on xp....

Very annoying at work though, trying to browse and having to go to the main page everytime I want to look at the drop down menus....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

HavoK wrote:
    Very annoying at work though, trying to browse and having to go to the main page everytime I want to look at the drop down menus....:D

Sort of OT, but have you seen the Forum Jump drop down box at the bottom of the page? may save you some time :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Is this still happening? Can you give me OS and Browser details if it is for anyone who it is happen for?

Thanks, it should be excluded from FF users who should see the animated Gif.

DeV.
    ps: First person to say "oh I block all that ad sh*t"... well I'll help him block more of boards then they may be happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Windows XP sp2
    FF 1.5

blocking me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Windows XP
    Firefox v1.5 only blocking certain advertisements though. the santa strike force ones are fine but the animated HP one is covering the drop down menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Windows XP
    Firefox v1.5 only blocking certain advertisements though. the santa strike force ones are fine but the animated HP one is covering the drop down menus.

Ditto! SSF Add is fine, HP not so fine. Same OS & FF ver.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

yeah SSF is ok, but the HP and Paddypoker is causing the problems

Win XP and FF 1.5

No problems at all in IE
    DeVore wrote:
    ps: First person to say "oh I block all that ad sh*t"... well I'll help him block more of boards then they may be happy with.

I knew you said something like that a while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Win2000, IE6.

Have XPsp2 at home with ff1.5 and no probs whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

DeVore wrote:
    Is this still happening? Can you give me OS and Browser details if it is for anyone who it is happen for?

Thanks, it should be excluded from FF users who should see the animated Gif.

DeV.

happening for me, i'm using firefox, OS is xp professional.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

xp and firefox 1.5.0.1,
    (firefox updated today)
    hp banner is over the drop down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Same here,
    FF, WinXp (no spII)

b

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Same here,
    FF, WinXp (no spII)

And the same for me. As suspected, it only happens when the advert is a SWF file, rather than an image.

Advertisement