Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tecknology project help

Options
  • 31-01-2006 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭

Ok, might be a weird question.:o
    Anyway, Can I use glue to put the body of the project together or will I lose marks over that??

Its really annoying me because for the past few months I have been designing my project so that Perspex panels would be glued together to make the "shell" and its only NOW that my teacher decides to tell me that I will get NO marks if I glue the stuff together and that I have to “develop” it from one piece of Perspex which puts me back to square 1 :mad:
    :confused::confused:

Thanks very much,
    Robert

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Um... okay, what are you asked to do for the technology project?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

I have to build a mechanical stop go sign. Bascily the box that houses the electronics and motors would have been made with panels of Perspex which were glued together. But now it has to be made with one piece of plastic. Diagrams in next post

here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Hmm, there's no way you can construct the same final shape for the shell but by bending the plastic? If they do deduct marks for gluing (I have no idea, we don't even do technology in my school) they may deduct less if you.. only glue it a bit, so if you could make it just two pieces or whatnot?

Thanks. will have to rack my brains out after the mocks

Ohh you have a good idea there. I could develop panels 3, 4 and 5 out of one piece. hmmmm

Thanks
    Rob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

would you not pick the aromatherapy diffuser... alot easier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

could you not just melt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Good idea, you should melt the perspex so that it fuses together, anfd then cover the whole lot in glitter so that the fuse lines don't show and say it's a retro 70s traffic light majiggier.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Piste wrote:
    Good idea, you should melt the perspex so that it fuses together
    Remind me what noxious fumes this would create? :eek:

Advertisement