Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator foil?

Options
  • 31-01-2006 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the correct name of the foil that goes behind rads to prevent heat loss through the wall?
    Is it possible to install this after the rad is in place?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

I don't know the correct name for it but I have seen it in pretty much all the DIY shops.

It is possible to fit it when the radiator is already on the wall - just make two slits in it to allow it go over the wall brackets. It needs to be fixed to the wall with something - I've seen wallpaper paste recommended - but you could prob use something like pritt pads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Thanks Gordon, I'll try B&Q

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Is it actually any use?
    Ive felt the wall behind my rad and its not very hot.
    The wall is beside the fins, but I guess if you have a double rad thats not setup this way it might help...

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

Not sure how effective it is. It is probably of max benefit on radiators fixed to external walls, and even then if the wall is insulated/dry-lined there prob wouldn't be a huge need for it. Then again, I suppose every bit helps :D

Advertisement