Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Headlight Bulbs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Are they H1 fitment?If so then you'l need two sets,one for low one for hi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

It says that they are H1 bulbs, but all I have to do is remove the old bulbs and put in these ones...

When it says that they come in pairs, is that just for either the left or right light in the front (i.e both bulbs go to either the left or right headlight), or you replace the corresponding bulb on either side?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The bulbs are identical, i.e. there are no left- and right-hand bulbs.

Check your car's user manual for the type of bulb for high- and dipped beam as they're often (always?) different. My car, for example, uses H1 for one and H7 for the other (can never remember which way round).

Just checked what it says on the old bulbs I removed, and it says H1 55W.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

H1 bulbs are generally the sidelight bulbs, I think. I've got a brand new set of H1 bright white bulbs for sale if you interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

blastman wrote:
    H1 bulbs are generally the sidelight bulbs, I think. I've got a brand new set of H1 bright white bulbs for sale if you interested.
    No they're not!!!!!!!!! A 55W sidelight? I don't think so :eek:

H1 is usually high beam, and the H7 is dipped beam. If it's a combined bulb for both high and dipped beams it's usually an H4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

To the OP:

For what it's worth I bought a set of these in Halfords Blanch for €14.99 a couple of weeks ago. Is it worth buying on ebay and shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Alun wrote:
    No they're not!!!!!!!!! A 55W sidelight? I don't think so :eek:

H1 is usually high beam, and the H7 is dipped beam. If it's a combined bulb for both high and dipped beams it's usually an H4.
    Hence the "I think" bit. You can unclench now :D

Actually, I meant the dipped lights, rather than the main beams. Apologies for being unclear on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭t5pwr

My car has H1 bulbs 55w for both high and low beam...

The reflector is set at different angles in the lens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Would that not be 60 / 55 Watt bulbs then?

Yep they work on the sidelights. Originally had H1 lights there too, as already stated. I can feel the glass getting quite warm though on the headlights on the outside, is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Yep they work on the sidelights. Originally had H1 lights there too, as already stated. I can feel the glass getting quite warm though on the headlights on the outside, is this normal?

Generally, yeah. My lights get warm if stationary for a while, but not hot. They cool down when you drive due to the wind

Advertisement