Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade me @R$£!! 589/306

• 31-01-2006 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

fseircon3bm.jpg

This is ridiculous! :(

The upgrade was fine for awhile, but the past few days I've been getting just over 1MB speeds, and today it's dropped to this flippin' speed!

Anyone else having any problems with the upgrade?

Eircom haven't started throttling connections if you go over the cap, have they...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

That speed test is not accurate. It never is for me. try downloading from heanet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

It generaly is accurate for me.

I'm downloading at 120k/sec from heanet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

I'm getting virtually identical speeds as you mang through irishisptest and it is generally accurate for my too.

I was about to post how I had been upgraded to a symetrical sdsl connection. 32okbps down and up!! :D :rolleyes:

Feckin joke alright

UTV Bray exchange BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

mang87 wrote:
    It generaly is accurate for me.

I'm downloading at 120k/sec from heanet...

If you're getting 120k from heanet then that test is nowhere near accurate ;) 589 = about 65KB/s

dlofnep wrote:
    If you're getting 120k from heanet then that test is nowhere near accurate ;) 589 = about 65KB/s

73.625 actualy :p

Ballydowd, lucan exchange here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I get about those kind of bad speeds too.

This update has been a disaster so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭byrnenj

For you, but works fine for me! I'd say it went well for most, but there will always be a few people with problems.

Mag87 : 120k/s isn't a bad download speed, certainly more than what irishspeedtest is saying but still not as high as it should be for you.
    What were you getting before the upgrade? Was it better? Maybe you have a fault on your line. Have you checked with your provider? Do you know how far from the exchange you are? If you can't get the speed you should change your line type to a lower one cos you're paynig for nothing then!

byrnenj wrote:
    For you, but works fine for me! I'd say it went well for most, but there will always be a few people with problems.

Mag87 : 120k/s isn't a bad download speed, certainly more than what irishspeedtest is saying but still not as high as it should be for you.
    What were you getting before the upgrade? Was it better? Maybe you have a fault on your line. Have you checked with your provider? Do you know how far from the exchange you are? If you can't get the speed you should change your line type to a lower one cos you're paynig for nothing then!

Nah everything was fin until the past few days. I was getting 315k/sec from heanet and unreal.ie. I'm still getting the prper 35k upload that I had... just the download is atrocious!

I will check with them in another few days... I just don't want to have to bother with them stupid so called tech "help" eircon support lads. Gonna give it a few days and see if it sorts itself out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,461 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Getting worse by the day here too, on day one was getting 315k no problems ..now down to 200k if i'm lucky, previously on 2mb was always about 208-215k, uploads are fine, but downloads are slower than before at this point :( , on Terenure exchange.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this really bad speeds and dire pings are effecting everyone randomly I think but not constantly.. anyone know has eircom improved the backhaul to the exchanges since we were all on 512k? if not then i guess thats the problem, eircom should really upgrade their bandwidth in the exchanges so that everyone can have a smooth connection before even considering another upgrade in the future.. if we are upgraded again next year things will grind to a halt methinks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement