Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

00 S 320 what's it worth

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

feck the house I'm never gonna leave it, it's my home.

anyway took onboard what both of ya said and went to a german used auto site and 1st one I clicked on that looked remotely like mine

http://eng.autoscout24.com/home/index/detail.asp?ts=741567.1&id=zjmdjieywzz&sc=&make=47&model=15105&pricefrom=0&euroto=0&zip=

stick the guts of 7k on top of that is what you're saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

nialler wrote:
    stick the guts of 7k on top of that is what you're saying.

Yep - would make no sense for a car that old. Ireland probably has the lowest second hand prices for high end cars within the EU - cars of a certain age that is :)

Sh!te, I don't want any more people to read this thread and convert themselves from religious 2 year old Corolla / Golf buyers to buying superior cars and even saving money running them

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭useeme

Good choice of car, a couple of tips.

I drive a late nineties e class.

Keys: Make sure you have at least 2. One died on me (no warning) luckily it was outside my home, and i had the spare in the house. If i was elsewhere i would have beeen in serious trouble requiring the car to be lifted home (not towed due to the gearbox). It is a time consuming exercise (a month & €200) to get a replacement key from a merc dealer.

Enter your VIN here to see the options that were fitted in the factory

Get the ATF changed asap (assuming it hasnt been done previously)

These cars do not fit in multi story car parks, if you try it you will kerb your alloys.

Good luck and enjoy!. Its cheap luxury motoring that someone else has taken the hit for!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

where do I find the VIN and what's the numbers like?

These cars do not fit in multi story car parks

Parking in general is a bit more difficult, but I find the park distance control quite helpful. I've no difficulty going in and out of multi stories but you've got to be a bit more careful alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭useeme

nialler wrote:
    where do I find the VIN and what's the numbers like?

On the paperwork with the car. Should start with WDB*************

lomb wrote:
    one word-property

Best sell the '03 Golf then and buy a wee banger to free up some cash :)

Or....for what someone might give you for the Golf, you could buy a superb Teutonic warship :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

unkel wrote:
    Best sell the '03 Golf then and buy a wee banger to free up some cash :)

bought new incidentally for 10 grand sterling, still on uk plates. im lets say 'attached' to it as it was bought new;) dont want to kill my cashflow anyway with other costs at the moment have bigger plans,all in due course:D

lomb wrote:
    still on uk plates

Why?

unkel wrote:
    Why?
    long story, its still in the uk, im opening a new dental practice next week or the week after, its taken many months to get planning and negotiate leases(alot longer than i thought) but have got the all clear now and im fitting it out. i hope to get someone in there after ive set it up and make my transition back to ireland. hence the need for 'working capital.'
    my plan is to get a merc sl for around 12 or 13 sterling when funds allow, and after six months vrt free rereg it and keep it in ireland then as a toy. thats the plan anyway;)

• Advertisement

Well, best of luck with your plan, lomb :)

You a dentist?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

unkel wrote:
    You a dentist?

I should hope so. :)

If not, where is this new practice based?:D

unkel wrote:
    Well, best of luck with your plan, lomb :)

You a dentist?

lol, i must be:D ,practice is 18 miles or 20 mins north of aberysthwth. in a futuristic building financed by the eu and the welsh taxpayer as a design study in whats possible ecologically(everything is solar powered and there are motion sensors for lights-no switches, all made of wood with a welsh solid oak staircase and flooring. they built about 7 units, and 5 are totally empty, sounds like the good old days in ireland:eek:

Advertisement