Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruby on Rails

Options
  • 31-01-2006 8:54pm
    Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭

Has anyone looked into using RoR for development? I had a brief look into it, played around with it; but came away with the impression that it was reinventing the wheel in a rather complicated fashion.

I certainly could have delved deeper to discover whether this initial assessment was accurate or not, but I'd like to hear what other peoples encounters with ruby have been like.

If you don't know what Ruby on Rails is, have a look here and here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

It's nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

CuLT wrote:
    Has anyone looked into using RoR for development? I had a brief look into it, played around with it; but came away with the impression that it was reinventing the wheel in a rather complicated fashion.

I certainly could have delved deeper to discover whether this initial assessment was accurate or not, but I'd like to hear what other peoples encounters with ruby have been like.

If you don't know what Ruby on Rails is, have a look here and here.

I am actually surprised to hear you say that as I am tending to agree. I am a C and PHP programmer and I played around with RoR a bit. To be honest, I was not expecting much and its power in my opinion was not enough to justify spending time learning it.

I, like others have built up my libraries and am happy with them. I know where I am most of the time. I agree with your point, I also think its reinventing the wheel (A bit).

Advertisement